Give moses the leagues club

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, we've made our bed with Burton at 5/8th and key playmaker.

After last year, I'm not convinced he can step up into the chief playmaker role and thought he needs a dominant half to help him along.

Reed will solve the problems at hooker.

But we seem to have invested alot of SC on other positions instead (Kikau, TPJ, Crichton, JAC).

And of course more eggs in the basket with the new KO halfback.

Let's hope KO works and works quickly otherwise I see Burton's career going down the "overated" path....

kmr07

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, we've made our bed with Burton at 5/8th and key playmaker.

After last year, I'm not convinced he can step up into the chief playmaker role and thought he needs a dominant half to help him along.

Reed will solve the problems at hooker.

But we seem to have invested alot of SC on other positions instead (Kikau, TPJ, Crichton, JAC).

And of course more eggs in the basket with the new KO halfback.

Let's hope KO works and works quickly otherwise I see Burton's career going down the "overated" path....
A premiership ring, Australian jersey, origin jersey and dally m position award at the young age of 22 is hardly overrated…

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
A premiership ring, Australian jersey, origin jersey and dally m position award at the young age of 22 is hardly overrated…
Every post he makes is about complaining about Burton. It could be a thread about global warming, and it'd be Burton's fault because his bombs are too high and add more holes to the ozone layer.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Every post he makes is about complaining about Burton. It could be a thread about global warming, and it'd be Burton's fault because his bombs are too high and add more holes to the ozone layer.
The hole in the ozone layer is apparently actually healing. I guess it’s because Burton hasn’t been playing in Australia for the last six months

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score

‘Were they conned?’: Mitch Moses conspiracy theory emerges

A conspiracy theory has emerged that the Eels and Tigers were both played during the saga surrounding the future of Mitch Moses.

Mitchell Moses was reportedly never going anywhere.

Eels fans were on Tuesday night celebrating news the star playmaker has signed a monster contract extension to remain at the club — despite the Tigers’ public pursuit of the 28-year-old.
However, a conspiracy theory has emerged that Moses and his representatives “conned” the Eels and Tigers during the rollercoaster contract negotiations.
It emerged on Tuesday Moses rejected an insane four-year, $5.2 million ($1.3 million per-year) offer from his junior club and has instead made a decision to re-committ to the Eels.

The Sydney Morning Herald first reported the deal was all-but completed when the Eels upgraded their offer to $1.25 million per-season — making him one of the highest paid players in the competition alongside Kalyn Ponga, David Fifita, Ben Hunt and Daly Cherry-Evans.
Moses has been one of the hottest available properties since he went on the market as a free agent, but was adamant throughout the saga that he was motivated by winning premierships.
It’s why there were murmurings on Wednesday that the Eels and Tigers were both played.

Channel 7’s Michelle Bishop said it appears likely that Moses was never going to leave the Eels, despite the months of rumours surrounding a potential move to his former club.

“Were the Eels conned? Was he ever really going anywhere? Was this actually a thing? It’s brutal, but I’m just not sure,” Bishop said on SEN Breakfast.
“It just dragged on and on and on and on. The Bulldogs were keen early on but dropped off early.”
She went on to say the rich offer to Moses may have been too much.
“What irks me, and I do love Mitchell Moses and I think he’s a great player, but more than Nathan Cleary?” she said.
“Kalyn Ponga, is OK, because he’s transitioning and all the rest of it. But more than Nathan Cleary? Does he bring as much to the table?”
Moses guided the Eels to a grand final last year and has been seen as the club’s best halfback since Peter Sterling.
The Daily Telegraph’s Dean Ritchie also believes Moses was never going to leave the Eels.
“I think that’s been the case from the very beginning,” he told Sky Sports Radio on Wednesday.
“I never really thought he was going. The Tigers’ deal was significantly higher than the Eels financially for Moses, but every time I made a call around this ongoing situation, the words I was hearing is that he wants to win a premiership and I think he realises that’s more likely at Parramatta than the Wests Tigers.
“I think the mail has been that he would stay at Parramatta for three months now.”
Speaking on Triple M’s The Rush Hour with Gus, Jude & Wendell on Tuesday, Sailor said Moses had made the right call.
“At this stage of his career, he’s 28, 29, he doesn’t need to go back to the Tigers,” Sailor said.
“(The Eels) are more of a chance (to win a premiership) but I don’t think they will.”
Gus Worland said: “It’s great for the Eels, shattering for the Tigers fans who are trying to build something with Sheens, Farah and Benji.”

Moses has had a huge week, revealing his engagement to long-term partner Bri Gardoni, after he missed the birth of their daughter in September as he was playing in the Eels’ preliminary final win over the Cowboys.
It had been a three-way battle for the Lebanon half and one-Origin wonder but after the Bulldogs pulled out of the running, it left just Moses’ old club and his current club.
Tigers half and Moses’ great friend Luke Brooks had been attempting to lure him back to the club, he revealed in late January.
“I’ve spoken to him a couple times and told him what the vibe was like and how much it has changed – I’ve been selling the place to him,” Brooks said.
“I’m not too sure what his thoughts are, but I think he’d be a great addition to our side and I’d love to play with him again.
“I think when we came in (to the NRL) we were very young.
“We sort of spoke before about how we would like to have a chance to play together again.
“Whether that’s now or not, I don’t know, but hopefully he makes a decision soon, the one that’s best for him.”
Moses also said a fortnight ago he’d like to have his future secured before the start of round one.
Looks like he beat his self-imposed deadline.

Gould smelt a rat early on,

Always a Bulldog

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
How is that being conned or a "conspiracy theory"? That's just playing the game and negotiating the best deal possible. It's been happening for years in every sport..

Myself and several others called this from day one. That us and the Tigers were being used as nothing more than a bargaining tool to get more out of Parra. It was pretty obvious.. I don't blame Moses, that's what most players and their managers do.. The same way Munster strung the Dolphins along etc..

capt obvious

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who really cares now, what im frustrated over is we reportedly have over $600k to spend in this years cap and have an open roster spot in the 30, we lack quality depth in both backs and forwards but cant even land someone decent this year with 600k fmd.
Does angus chrichton want out?
i fucken hope so, give us something gus

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Who really cares now, what im frustrated over is we reportedly have over $600k to spend in this years cap and have an open roster spot in the 30, we lack quality depth in both backs and forwards but cant even land someone decent this year with 600k fmd.
Does angus chrichton want out?
i fucken hope so, give us something gus
There's no one available now, so they're holding that money for when a player asks for a mid season release, which happens all of the time. It's actually smart salary cap management as a lot of teams would have no space and when that time comes, we'll be able to pounce on the right player.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Anyway, can we move all Moses related threads to rumours or RL General? He was never signing with us and now it's pretty much confirmed that he's staying at Parra
It would of been silly not trying to sign him, but with Eel offering him 1.25m we couldn't compete unless it was a ridiculous offer.

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There's no one available now, so they're holding that money for when a player asks for a mid season release, which happens all of the time. It's actually smart salary cap management as a lot of teams would have no space and when that time comes, we'll be able to pounce on the right player.
Gus mentioned the spare cash on Sunday in his address to our members.
I personally think it’s a very good move by senior management management and CC no doubt.

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You're onto something....!

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How is that being conned or a "conspiracy theory"? That's just playing the game and negotiating the best deal possible. It's been happening for years in every sport..

Myself and several others called this from day one. That us and the Tigers were being used as nothing more than a bargaining tool to get more out of Parra. It was pretty obvious.. I don't blame Moses, that's what most players and their managers do.. The same way Munster strung the Dolphins along etc..
I agree it wasn't a conspiracy theory but I reckon once we turned off and showed our hand with the KO signing, it ended the charade of Tigers vs Eels.

If we didn't go for KO and Gus was willing to go to 1.25m I reckon we would have had him.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yeah for once I hope we get the player who’s half wage is being paid by someone else
And not the other way round

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Sounds like he wanted the club. So careful what u offer lol. Knocked back more than a million a year at tigers. I dont want to even pay what he knocked back for him. So good thing hes staying at eels. Like others have said it was just a price pumping exercise, he wasnt leaving eels

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Sounds like he wanted the club. So careful what u offer lol. Knocked back more than a million a year at tigers. I dont want to even pay what he knocked back for him. So good thing hes staying at eels. Like others have said it was just a price pumping exercise, he wasnt leaving eels
I still don’t see it as a good thing. Parramatta although paid a lot have a top quality halfback that potentially can get them to the final and maybe even win it.

You say we basically dodged a bullet but we are still without a halfback and nowhere near a top 4 side. I prefer spend big on our spine and be competitive for the next 10 years…

look at the eels spine pretty decent.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
I still don’t see it as a good thing. Parramatta although paid a lot have a top quality halfback that potentially can get them to the final and maybe even win it.

You say we basically dodged a bullet but we are still without a halfback and nowhere near a top 4 side. I prefer spend big on our spine and be competitive for the next 10 years…

look at the eels spine pretty decent.
I think the eels spine is exactly that. Pretty decent.

Not a premiership winner. They were closer with Mahoney. I watched Hodgson in trials and he looks like he’s finished for me.

I think we have a huge advantage at 9. I think a season at fullback and Crichton will show us he can be a serviceable fullback. Gutho first couple seasons at fullback wasn’t amazing either yet they persisted and he’s established himself as serviceable. He’s not elite like teddy or Tommy or papen etc in my opinion. I am fairly confident Crichton can get to that level.

Burton and brown both extremely talented and personally think burton will be better and the fact it’s his second season coming up will show more. Browns had a few more years and a far better spine and pack and backline !!!

Moses is the difference with Failgan being a anchor to us sucking. It’s his last year and while we missed moses I’m confident Gus has a plan and at 1.25mil a year we could throw that at Fucking hynes who’s better in my opinion!

I’m sure lots of options at that kinda $ and with the 650k we got left under cap im sure he will see us fix the 7!