Give moses the leagues club

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Unless Gus is an even better poker player than I thought, its propbably time to move on from this thought. If he is bluffing and he somehow comes up trump with this deal then we should give the Leagues Club to Gus, not Moses.

Last edited:

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Moses is not the answer, Burton needs an organiser he isn't an organising half, very few 5/8ths are. You probably have to go back to Thurston (who played the majority at 7 anyway) and Lockyer (who will be an immortal) to find a good 5/8 that is an organiser. It is why I've been saying for 2 years, forget everything if we don't get an organising halfback and a quality genuine fullback there is issues for years to come. We may have lucked out getting the Broncos bloke at halfback but we still need a fullback and before anyone says Crighton I'll just say this, I am far from convinced he's a FB, was horrible on Sat night there our of position all night long

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
15 try assists last year is not creative?
Most of them were kicks to the Fox though. Doing the same thing repeatedly isn't really creative. Id like to see him putting blokes through gaps with good passes, or venturing to the middle or right hand edge occasionally to prove he isn't just a left centre

Last edited:

zappa

Punk in Drublic
Reaction score
First half play from Flanagan summed it up for me. Can’t remember the exact time but think we had a repeat set and were pressuring their goal line. Shift on to the right and he fucking turns it back inside to RFM ( who did pretty well with what Flanagan gave him).
Just a nothing play that stifled the momentum instantly and showed no thought or planning or, perish the thought, creativity.
Think it was still 6-4 at that point but instantly pissed me off, he’s had long enough, trial or no trial.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
First half play from Flanagan summed it up for me. Can’t remember the exact time but think we had a repeat set and were pressuring their goal line. Shift on to the right and he fucking turns it back inside to RFM ( who did pretty well with what Flanagan gave him).
Just a nothing play that stifled the momentum instantly and showed no thought or planning or, perish the thought, creativity.
Think it was still 6-4 at that point but instantly pissed me off, he’s had long enough, trial or no trial.
I thought it was strange in the first half that Flanno was doing the long kicking and Burto short, surely they are better suited the other way around. Perhaps it was CCs idea to try something different

Doggone1975

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I really don’t understand why the continue to play him 6. Back to back premiers didn’t, the blues didn’t and the kangaroos didn’t. Team is going no where with burton and flanno in the halves
I doubt Cleary and luai play halves all year only to be overlooked for burton

Sword

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Burton needs to be creative and aggressive himself
He showed he had backbone in origin. But he can’t do it alone. He can’t be what he’s not. Creativity - he’s not crafty like a Sherwin for instance. The other half need to possess this. We need both halves with a complimentary skill set

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
On Burton’s performance, we don’t know what CC said to him behind the scenes in terms of managing his health to be fit for R1 and to use the game in getting some k’s into the legs.. we simply aren’t that close to the inner sanctum - remembering we have no decent back up, heck, we’re still short of a 7.

No doubt CC must have sanctioned his bomb as this puts massive strain on his hammy’s so at a minimum, he’s been restrained.

Let’s call it for what it was in defence of Burto, a trial, and save the criticism for NRL season proper. Most teams have a legit back up halve, we have didly squat.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He showed he had backbone in origin. But he can’t do it alone. He can’t be what he’s not. Creativity - he’s not crafty like a Sherwin for instance. The other half need to possess this. We need both halves with a complimentary skill set
Origin showed he is a better centre than half.

Geoff Chambers

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Grub couldn’t game manage in his prime and we want him to do it now. We are so fucked at halfback sigh
Indeed. Way too much expectation from the vast majority on him for this year, his new hairline must = new skills not yet seen from him.

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hynes led the sharks around the park brilliantly yeserday, it was seamless, like the conductor at the symphony orchestra, everything just flowed at high speed.
Meanwhile at the bulldogs......

DaBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Flanagan's contract end this year, so what is our plan now we've pulled out of the race for Moses?