Opinion Getting fined by the NRL would be worth it...

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
In terms of cleaning out the roster. We shouldn't pay high wages just to fill the salary cap. Cut the wage bill right down and play way under the salary cap so we can A: retain juniors B: sign rep players in the market 2023/2024.

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
In terms of cleaning out the roster. We shouldn't pay high wages just to fill the salary cap. Cut the wage bill right down and play way under the salary cap so we can A: retain juniors B: sign rep players in the market 2023/2024.
I think the rules don't allow clubs to spend way under the cap.

GreenTurd

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds like a Job for Flanno snr.
I don’t know if you heard Mick Ennis talk about flanno as coach before game but from what he said he’d be the right coach for us

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I don’t know if you heard Mick Ennis talk about flanno as coach before game but from what he said he’d be the right coach for us
I did... it was like listening to a lawyers closing argument. If he was selling a car i would buy 2 off him.

Seriously though In reality there is definitely nobody better suited. He is exactly what we need... A tough coach that lets players play the way they want yet holds them accountable for not putting in.

Even how he spends so much time on the kids coming through adjusting their faults before they hit the big leagues is massive for us considering we have 8-10 20 years old coming through.

MitchNewton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You’re not allowed

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
We should have done this last year and got penalised. Who cares.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Literally the only thing that gets in the way of us getting Shane is his reserve grade level son
K Flanno is dire! We are stuck with another Barrett guru attack signing that will ensure we go for back 2 back spoons.

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The NRL provides the salary cap for each club to be spent on the players, hence why 95% of it needs to be paid to the players. What do you expect from an organisation run by fools, or is it because the nrlol tailors to certain teams, hence why those teams spend over the cap in a smart way otherwise known as “cheating the cap” without getting so called busted, because the nrlol has “no idea” it’s happening!

Ribo Flavin

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I m sure that's something Gus and SF will be nutting out if SF is even in the equation. It's a fail if Gus was to hire SF and issues arise with KF early down the track. I think Gus is a smarter operator than that.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Literally the only thing that gets in the way of us getting Shane is his reserve grade level son
I can put up with that. His son might be a better player in a properly organised and disciplined team.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
The NRL provides the salary cap for each club to be spent on the players, hence why 95% of it needs to be paid to the players. What do you expect from an organisation run by fools, or is it because the nrlol tailors to certain teams, hence why those teams spend over the cap in a smart way otherwise known as “cheating the cap” without getting so called busted, because the nrlol has “no idea” it’s happening!
Third party deals are easy to come by in one team towns, and for winning sides.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
As others have said you have to spend 95% of the cap each year. In terms of moving contracted players on, you can't just release them otherwise you'd have to pay them the full amount which stays on the cap.

All of the dead weight players that are contracted for next year would need to find another club that's interested and then our club needs to negotiate with them what percentage of their contract each club pays.

enoughsaid

Kennel Tips Winner '04
Reaction score
u must use 95% of your cap

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Pointless and wouldnt be allowed. I think fines wouldnt be all they would do if we did that intentionally

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree that Flano definitely seems the best candidate but the question has to be asked.

If he's such a great coach why the f..k can't he get his own son to perform decent at least ? Surely he would give his son plenty of advice / tips.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I'll be honest, I'll gladly accept us cheating the cap to win a premiership even if it gets stripped away lol

It is what comes with winning and being on top that I miss most with footy and watching our club, it is the memories/hype behind it not this constant being shit that is getting stretched out too much

bulldogsmyte

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree that Flano definitely seems the best candidate but the question has to be asked.

If he's such a great coach why the f..k can't he get his own son to perform decent at least ? Surely he would give his son plenty of advice / tips.
Because his son lacks all the fundamental attributes of a HB. He just wears the 7 jersey pretending to be a HB.