George Floyd trial

Mike Fixa

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
You have to respect the decision of the jury.

But IMO Chauvin was never going to get a fair trial.

Minnesota paid out $27m to Floyd’s family before the trial even started which had to prejudice the jury.

They refused to move the trial to another location which would have made the trial appear more impartial

every juror would have known that they were potentially signing their own death warrant if they found him not guilty. BLM and every activist would have been trying to find out their identity and address etc.

Malla

Reaction score
Does anyone else feel he'll get it downgraded in an appeal and walk free in a few years lol

No way in the world they would let this be anything BUT guilty. Imagine the riots lol

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
Does anyone else feel he'll get it downgraded in an appeal and walk free in a few years lol

No way in the world they would let this be anything BUT guilty. Imagine the riots lol
Oh yeah on the quiet he’ll appeal and sentences slashed.. I don’t know if that’s right or wrong but it will happen

Malla

Reaction score
Oh yeah on the quiet he’ll appeal and sentences slashed.. I don’t know if that’s right or wrong but it will happen
Really hard to say. By definition I dont think he had the intent to murder George, so I think it's a bit unfair that he didn't get a fair trial.

I firmly believe that they could not let this be anything but a guilty because of the media attention.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Will all start up again at appeal trial.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score

I wouldn't be surprised.

Mike Fixa

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I think that all this trial proves is that if you can create a large enough mob that threatens anyone who disagrees with it, then you can control verdicts in court cases because jurors don’t want to deal with the fall out of speaking their minds.

I’m sure some of the 12 genuinely believe he was guilty, but there is no way there isn’t at least half or a few of the jurors that think he’s not guilty. For all 12 to so quickly agree on guilty, in the face of significant evidence suggesting it was the drugs that killed Floyd and not the knee, is insane.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I think that all this trial proves is that if you can create a large enough mob that threatens anyone who disagrees with it, then you can control verdicts in court cases because jurors don’t want to deal with the fall out of speaking their minds.

I’m sure some of the 12 genuinely believe he was guilty, but there is no way there isn’t at least half or a few of the jurors that think he’s not guilty. For all 12 to so quickly agree on guilty, in the face of significant evidence suggesting it was the drugs that killed Floyd and not the knee, is insane.
Yes, you are right and the jury, who were there for every minute of the trial and heard everything, are wrong...

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Chauvin really didnt need to use that much force or for that lengthy a time period.
(929 trending) and medical assistance was pleaded for by the off duty firefighter bystander...so it was established that Floyd was displaying distressed signs and very shallow breathing at the time. With a whole lot of people just standing around watching and the police also just milling around or trying to disperse the crowd.

It was a shame Chauvin didnt take the stand to defend himself and explain why he used force like that on a handcuffed bloke on the ground and for 9 and a half minutes.

The jury is only asked to judge on those issues.

It would be impossible not to convict Chauvin of something for what seemed excessive and unnecessary actions.

He couldnt possibly get let off scott free, for at least manslaughter so the jury really didn't need to worry about the BLM scare factor coming into it.

Malla

Reaction score
Chauvin really didnt need to use that much force or for that lengthy a time period.
(929 trending) and medical assistance was pleaded for by the off duty firefighter bystander...so it was established that Floyd was displaying distressed signs and very shallow breathing at the time. With a whole lot of people just standing around watching and the police also just milling around or trying to disperse the crowd.

It was a shame Chauvin didnt take the stand to defend himself and explain why he used force like that on a handcuffed bloke on the ground and for 9 and a half minutes.

The jury is only asked to judge on those issues.

It would be impossible not to convict Chauvin of something for what seemed excessive and unnecessary actions.

He couldnt possibly get let off scott free, for at least manslaughter so the jury really didn't need to worry about the BLM scare factor coming into it.
I think if this was guilty of manslaughter and not guilty of third degree murder, it would have caused riots lol

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
This was only ever going to go one way. Not only that he killed him but the manner in which he did, slow and painful, was pathetic.

Minnesota doesn't have the death penalty though, so it's likely that he'll spend the rest of his life behind bars.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I think if this was guilty of manslaughter and not guilty of third degree murder, it would have caused riots lol
Maybe so I don't know.

At least they would have got a conviction and the BLM people should have been satisfied with that and know that the police can be held accountable in their justice system.

It was a terrible thing to happen to see police act in that manner...having in mind the shocking state of their violent society the cops have to deal with.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
This is one of the problems with the US system. An ID in the US costs a lot of money, so lower socio-economic groups are less likely to get the ID. The system is similar to vote tax which was used to prevent former slaves from voting.

But the socio-economic issues are less than they were when voting tax existed. I personally support voter ID, but the US needs to do something to help people get their IDs.
Can you confirm that if he has the same IP as Dawgfather?