Gay marriage plebiscite - Result YES to SSM

Should the law be changed to allow same-sex couples to marry?

• Yes

• No

• Not Voting

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
By the way -3.75 on economic scale and -7.59 on social scale

Beat you @Hacky McAxe you fake libertarian you
I get that all the time. I hang out with Libertarians and get called a Fake Libertarian all the time. So I use it to shit stir them with comments like, "Maybe we shouldn't allow anyone to own a gun" and "I'm just saying that Medicare could be a good thing". The moment you say that you get, "You bloody Communist!"

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
@Wahesh @TANK 2.0

Here ya go guys. Here's the details on the religious part:

"What can a minister of religion do?
The legislation makes it clear that religious ministers will have the right to refuse to marry a same-sex couple.

They can do so if same-sex marriage is contrary to their religious beliefs, or the beliefs of their church.

This is outlined in section 47a of the bill, which allows ministers to object to a marriage for other reasons too.

This religious protection has bipartisan support.

What about churches?
Churches or religious organisations will be allowed to refuse access to their facilities if they're being used for a same-sex marriage.

They can only do so if the wedding does not conform to their religious views of marriage.

So far, this section is also unchallenged."

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-11-29/same-sex-marriage-what-is-in-and-what-is-out/9205400
Get out of here with your ABC leftard pinko commie snowflake green ideas....

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

drivel
ˈdrɪv(ə)l/
noun
  1. 1.
    nonsense.
    "don't talk such drivel!"
    synonyms: nonsense, twaddle, claptrap, balderdash, gibberish, rubbish, mumbo jumbo; More
verb
  1. 1.
    talk nonsense.
    "he was drivelling on about the glory days"
    synonyms: talk nonsense, talk rubbish, babble, ramble, gibber, burble, blather, blether, prate, prattle, gabble, chatter, twitter, maunder; More
  2. 2.
    archaic
    let saliva or mucus flow from the mouth or nose.
    "the nurse leaves you to drivel, and never wipes your nose"

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
drivel
ˈdrɪv(ə)l/
noun
  1. 1.
    nonsense.
    synonyms: nonsense, twaddle, claptrap, balderdash, gibberish, rubbish, mumbo jumbo; More
verb
  1. 1.
    talk nonsense.
    synonyms: talk nonsense, talk rubbish, babble, ramble, gibber, burble, blather, blether, prate, prattle, gabble, chatter, twitter, maunder; More
  2. 2.
    archaic
from the 'Internet Terms no longer used' thread, pwned :laughing::laughing:

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
drivel
ˈdrɪv(ə)l/
noun
  1. 1.
    nonsense.
verb
  1. 1.
    talk nonsense.
  2. 2.
    archaic
Did you have to tell him? Couldn't we just laugh and kept him the dark

Lov_Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
drivel
ˈdrɪv(ə)l/
noun
  1. 1.
    nonsense.
verb
  1. 1.
    talk nonsense.
  2. 2.
    archaic
from the 'Internet Terms no longer used' thread, pwned :laughing::laughing:
Did you have to tell him? Couldn't we just laugh and kept him the dark

You.guys.are.brilliant.
> the sum of the parts are greater than the whole!

~c.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
They are protected, Wahesh is complaining about not having the "choice" of telling someone, in the world outside of churches, that he doesn't want to interact with them purely based on their sexual orientation

Honestly Wahesh, you would've been much better off just saying "to you, your way, to me, mine" and left it at that. Your post still attacks the LGBT community, I'm not going into details, but just advising that the rest of us don't want to hear about your religion, you believe it, it's fine, but just don't give us religions morality because we aren't interested in it
Just to make sure before I get triggered ;) you saying my post attacks gays or Wahesh.

And in Wahesh's we don't care or want to hear how someone doesn't believe in God. Works both ways.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Churches are "protected" under the marriage act. Always have been.

Nothing was "voted down". The act was passed as originally proposed, without additional amendments.

Are you being deliberately obtuse?

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
@Wahesh @TANK 2.0

Here ya go guys. Here's the details on the religious part:

"What can a minister of religion do?
The legislation makes it clear that religious ministers will have the right to refuse to marry a same-sex couple.

They can do so if same-sex marriage is contrary to their religious beliefs, or the beliefs of their church.

This is outlined in section 47a of the bill, which allows ministers to object to a marriage for other reasons too.

This religious protection has bipartisan support.

What about churches?
Churches or religious organisations will be allowed to refuse access to their facilities if they're being used for a same-sex marriage.

They can only do so if the wedding does not conform to their religious views of marriage.

So far, this section is also unchallenged."

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-11-29/same-sex-marriage-what-is-in-and-what-is-out/9205400
I am happy for true religious people like I am for the people who can marry now.

Win-win and waste of time, talk and money.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
drivel
ˈdrɪv(ə)l/
noun
  1. 1.
    nonsense.
verb
  1. 1.
    talk nonsense.
  2. 2.
    archaic
Game, Set, Match Mr Croydon Dog.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Just to make sure before I get triggered ;) you saying my post attacks gays or Wahesh.

And in Wahesh's we don't care or want to hear how someone doesn't believe in God. Works both ways.
Wahesh post did.

For your second point we're a secular country

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Wahesh post did.

For your second point we're a secular country
No shit lol There are no Christian countries anymore.

I'm just retorting to your point that you want nothing to do with religious just like we don't with athiests. Most of you guys act like vegans and make sure every **** knows your an atheist like you're superior than believers.

Don't get mad, just calling it as it is.

Last edited:

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

I'm just retorting to your point that you want nothing to do with religious just like we don't with athiests. Most of you guys act like vegans and make sure every **** knows your an atheist like you're superior than believers.

You're missing the point, this is about laws. And interpretation of existing laws and introducing new laws.

Has nothing to do with atheism. That's something you brought up, no one here said atheism laws (there's no such thing) rule over everyone. It was pointed out that we're a secular nation with laws separating church and state

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
You're missing the point, this is about laws. And interpretation of existing laws and introducing new laws.

Has nothing to do with atheism. That's something you brought up, no one here said atheism laws (there's no such thing) rule over everyone. It was pointed out that we're a secular nation with laws separating church and state
Yeah and? I know that bro, your not talking to a dumb ****. I was replying to your quote that you sprout every couple of days. We know you strayed from Islam, we know you hate religion and religious people.

When we talk about religion you're the first one in to indirectly bag it and comment on it (where I directly bag out the extremist fuckwit atheists who talk shit. That's fine, you are still my brother. But don't act like it's religious people throwing it in your face, athiests, like vegans, love to show hate by their arrogance and superiority complexes.

For those who call to want to punch a Nazi, sounds like self directed hatred as they are acting like Nazis.

YES my faith that I would die defending tells me to turn the other cheek, but not against evil ***** insulting my faith or me. Obviously not pointed at you as we can discuss everything and anything while not punching on and respecting our differences.

Last edited:

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score

Actually there are still a few Christian countries. A little known fact I'd that England is still a theocracy and its laws are still governed by Christianity.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Also remember that secular doesn't mean Atheism. Secular just means a society where all religions are accepted and law isn't dictated by religion.

Status
Not open for further replies.