Gay marriage plebiscite - Result YES to SSM

Should the law be changed to allow same-sex couples to marry?

• Yes

• No

• Not Voting

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
Is this thread really dying? Never thought I’d see the day.

P.S. what ever happened to the lies and bullying claim that all these gays were going to kill themselves if we ran a survey on gay marriage?

Never heard even a single story that ever linked a suicide with the public debate.

Remember westpac claiming gay marriage would prevent 3000 suicides?

Lol I guess we should expect to see 3000 fewer suicdes from January to December then.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I have been watching some of the first ss marriages on the news in the past few days.

One couple had been together for something like 20 years, and were able to finally tie the knot when they thought they would never get to do, with one of them having advanced cancer (breast I think from memory) they didn't have much time left.

It was sad but very beautiful at the same time.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I have been watching some of the first ss marriages on the news in the past few days.

One couple had been together for something like 20 years, and were able to finally tie the knot when they thought they would never get to do, with one of them having advanced cancer (breast I think from memory) they didn't have much time left.

It was sad but very beautiful at the same time.
20 years? Talk about commitment. I'm sure the certificate is just a piece of paper for a couple like that but would love it as they can actually have that piece of paper.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
apparently a lesbian was claiming family tax benefits but now that she’s gotten married, Centrelink has sent her a bill to retrospectively pay back the amounts she received last year, on the basis her marriage is now recognised.

I guess marriage ain’t all it’s cracked up to be.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
apparently a lesbian was claiming family tax benefits but now that she’s gotten married, Centrelink has sent her a bill to retrospectively pay back the amounts she received last year, on the basis her marriage is now recognised.

I guess marriage ain’t all it’s cracked up to be.
A lot of people got caught up with that sting, including the dud Fatfita brother's wife.

Welcome to marriage, it's not just about the wedding lol

Status
Not open for further replies.