Gay marriage plebiscite - Result YES to SSM

Should the law be changed to allow same-sex couples to marry?

• Yes

• No

• Not Voting

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah of course murder and shit but a lot of shit has to stay confidential even with them otherwise their clients won't speak, but you're comparing a government type practise to a religious sacrament where it's purely meant to be between god and the person, the priest is merely the mediator. It's essentially the same as someone confessing in his bedroom like a Protestant would that he's committed a filthy act and wants forgiveness. It's the same shit. The priest isn't someone that's a dibby dobber and there as a mediator.
The reasoning for why professionals report stuff is because it's documented and the law can access this stuff.. But a confessional box is not documented it's anonymous .. It's between the perpetrator and God.
In the instance of a Father confessing to a Cardinal about abusing a child(for instances sake), said Cardinal should be compelled morally and ethically to pass that information on

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
In the instance of a Father confessing to a Cardinal about abusing a child(for instances sake), said Cardinal should be compelled morally and ethically to pass that information on
Ok this is where it gets tricky. But essentially the priest is a sinner at the same time and gets the same anomonous treatment. It really comes down to being a believer or not bro. I can't force you to accept it, but the whole point of confession is that Jesus can forgive any sin. And Jesus gave that authority to his apostles and they past that blessing down to the current crop of priests bishops etc. I however will not be upset if a bishop decides to strangle the priest and dished out some medieval justice on him.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It's no longer an anonymous confession between perpetrator and God so in that instance he should.

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Ok this is where it gets tricky. But essentially the priest is a sinner at the same time and gets the same anomonous treatment. It really comes down to being a believer or not bro. I can't force you to accept it, but the whole point of confession is that Jesus can forgive any sin. And Jesus gave that authority to his apostles and they past that blessing down to the current crop of priests bishops etc. I however will not be upset if a bishop decides to strangle the priest and dished out some medieval justice on him.
What so Jesus forgives rockspiders ?
This is what I can't wrap my head around. God can't accept two consenting adults of the same gender who are in love entering into a legal binding relationship but so long as you confess, you can abuse children?

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
This is what I can't wrap my head around. God can't accept two consenting adults of the same gender who are in love entering into a legal binding relationship but so long as you confess, you can abuse children?
Bizzare never thought of it that way so technically theres pedophiles in heaven ?
But no homosexuals ?

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Because outright sinning and not asking for forgiveness is what the issue is with that, as gay sex is a mortal sin within all Abraham of religions. If you ask for forgiveness from the gay sex act though I'm sure Jesus would forgive that. But you won't even see that as an evil act which is where our beliefs go seperate ways.
No one is saying you can abuse children wtf? The point is jesus may forgive that sin but it's never seen as ok where the fuck you heard that pedophile acts are ok? There's a difference between forgiving sin and saying sin is ok. When murders are absolved of their sin from a priest does that mean Christians now accept murder? Come on bro use some common sens e

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
What so Jesus forgives rockspiders ?
I think the only thing jesus would never forgive is blasphemy against the Holy Spirit. If you believe jesus died for our sins conquered death and was able to handle all our sins you believe he is able to forgive anyone and anything. That's the Christian belief anyway. But that doesn't mean you abuse the mercy and love of God coz I'm sure God knows when we're taking the piss and being sincere about trying harder to not sin. Catholics anyway hold this very closely, most Protestants follow Martin luthers saying of 'you've accepted jesus and he's already saved you from sin so go fourth and sin knowing you're already saved' pretty fucked up if you ask me

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Because outright sinning and not asking for forgiveness is what the issue is with that, as gay sex is a mortal sin within all Abraham of religions. If you ask for forgiveness from the gay sex act though I'm sure Jesus would forgive that. But you won't even see that as an evil act which is where our beliefs go seperate ways.
No one is saying you can abuse children wtf? The point is jesus may forgive that sin but it's never seen as ok where the fuck you heard that pedophile acts are ok? There's a difference between forgiving sin and saying sin is ok. When murders are absolved of their sin from a priest does that mean Christians now accept murder? Come on bro use some common sens e
Explain the common sense to me mate. It's more acceptable that a human carries out a heinous act and ask forgiveness then to allow two consenting, gay adults who love each other to get married? I get that you're saying the act is vile, but it's not so vile it can't be forgiven.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Explain the common sense to me mate. It's more acceptable that a human carries out a heinous act and ask forgiveness then to allow two consenting, gay adults who love each other to get married? I get that you're saying the act is vile, but it's not so vile it can't be forgiven.
I just told you any vile act potentially can be forgiven by Jesus if the person is dead set and honest about it. Like I said you won't understand coz you're not a person of faith. But stop saying one sin is ok and the other not. There's no doctrine in Catholicism that says pedophiles is acceptable it's a deplorable act and the person is hell bound most likely but God will be the ultimate judge.

A man fucking a little boy is still gay act is it not? It's all fucked up. And again pedophilea is not fucken acceptable in the church. Yes it can be forgiven as can gay sex be forgiven and a gay person but they're not accepted as okkkk or one worse than the other they're both mortal sins.

Status
Not open for further replies.