Opinion Full Metal Racket // Short Fast Loud

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Behemoth Red 3.45 Anthrax Black 4.30 Rise Against Black 6.00 (maybe) Alice In Chains Red 7.00 Judas Priest Black 8.15 Ghost Avalanche Stage 10.00
Possibly check out Airbourne too. 3.00 Black.
Pretty much what I'm seeing, except Slayer instead of Ghost. And I'll probably squeeze High Tension and Me first and gimme gimmes in there.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
New In Flames album is out. There is some good stuff there but a lot of it just sounds like new In Flames from the last 2 albums

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Be interested to see what people think.. Power metal band called Athlantis all the way from Italy.

and whilst Papa Roach is most likely banned from this thread, add Mark Morton with an absolute killer riff and you get this...

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Be interested to see what people think.. Power metal band called Athlantis all the way from Italy.

and whilst Papa Roach is most likely banned from this thread, add Mark Morton with an absolute killer riff and you get this...

The full Mark Morton album came out the other day. There's one track with Randy Blythe and Alissa white-glue which is a killer track, but the other tracks I've listened to are triple m rock tracks. I still need to give it a full listen though but based on the line up it sounds like a Slash album.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
How did I miss that Evergrey dropped a new album.!!! From what I've read it's very good too!

Not sure if its' me, but this feels rather generic. Fun but generic folk/viking metal.

New Children of Bodom is pretty neat.

Torn on this one too, sounds like 2 different songs that don't quite fit (cleans and screams), from Arrival Of Autmun.

The full Mark Morton album came out the other day. There's one track with Randy Blythe and Alissa white-glue which is a killer track, but the other tracks I've listened to are triple m rock tracks. I still need to give it a full listen though but based on the line up it sounds like a Slash album.
Same here, haven't had a chance to listen to it, Kane Roberts, Rob Lundgren, or even Soilworks new album in it's entirety yet.

Last edited:

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score

@Hacky McAxe New Oprheus!

Wow.... this song is really, REALLY busy, so much so that it's hard to pinpoint something to focus on for most of it, with the odd moment of clarity thrown in.

The solo mid track is quite nice, but for me the track has way too much going on though most of it.

Interested to hear others thoughts on this one.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score

@Hacky McAxe New Oprheus!

Wow.... this song is really, REALLY busy, so much so that it's hard to pinpoint something to focus on for most of it, with the odd moment of clarity thrown in.

The solo mid track is quite nice, but for me the track has way too much going on though most of it.

Interested to hear others thoughts on this one.
Yep. It's a bit too complicated and they've dropped a lot of the music styling that made them so different and replaced it with generic death metal. I prefer this track over the other one they released but so far I'm really not looking forward to the album.

El_Magic

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Listening now for the third time. It is their best album in a very long time, definitely since Portnoy. Some of the intros are so damn infectious.

PS listen carefully during S2N, specifically 4:02.
S2N is a fucking masterpiece. Thr whole album is really l. It's probably my favourite since Train of thought. Maybe even their best since scenes from a memory.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score

Probably be about $300 per ticket

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Sooo awesome Hacky!

I saw the Brisbane gig and tix were “starting” at $127.

I’ve been waiting for this as it will be the first gig my 7 year old little dude will ever go to.

He’s obsessed with Metallica, he’s got all the pop figurines of the guys, so pumped for him to see them.

Oh, and Slipknot - just to be really certain he won’t sleep in his bed for a while afterward....;)

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
$250 and $150 for primo tickets (thats not including packages)
Man at one stage Metallica were kings and firing on all cylinders ,$250 big ones for a very average drumming ,hets voice has been return to form of late but still hit and miss, your paying for a name not quality bit torn on this no doubt it will be a good show but .... id pay 250 to see rush because they were fucking tight.
I dont know lol

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sooo awesome Hacky!

I saw the Brisbane gig and tix were “starting” at $127.

I’ve been waiting for this as it will be the first gig my 7 year old little dude will ever go to.

He’s obsessed with Metallica, he’s got all the pop figurines of the guys, so pumped for him to see them.

Oh, and Slipknot - just to be really certain he won’t sleep in his bed for a while afterward....;)
That's awesome and would be worth it for that ...

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
Man at one stage Metallica were kings and firing on all cylinders ,$250 big ones for a very average drumming ,hets voice has been return to form of late but still hit and miss, your paying for a name not quality bit torn on this no doubt it will be a good show but .... id pay 250 to see rush because they were fucking tight.
I dont know lol
And they know that dumb ***** like me will pay for it hahaha...

It hurts though knowing that Lars Youllreacharound is profiting from my hard earned coin.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
And they know that dumb ***** like me will pay for it hahaha...

It hurts though knowing that Lars Youllreacharound is profiting from my hard earned coin.
Lol yep same boat bro, it would be cool to go see them in nz another country on a weekend that would be fun