Opinion Full Metal Racket // Short Fast Loud

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Been spinning this of late, for fans of Deafheaven, Black Metal, Crossover mixed with other “stuff”.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Il Nino are still making music

The drummer sacked half the band lol. New singer and guitarist now. The previous two are likely going to court over it.

This vocalist is from the band Shattered Sun.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
The drummer sacked half the band lol. New singer and guitarist now. The previous two are likely going to court over it.

Honestly they sound better

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score

There are two Ill Ninos now (apparently they all had rights to the name LOL).

One with original singer and just missing a bassist. The other with original drummer, and bassist.

Will have to check out NEW Ill Nino tomorrow.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
The Morton Downey jr show rules,Scott ian, ace,jonny z ,cycle sluts

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Totally forgot how good Godsmacks "When Legends Rise" was until I listened to it again today driving up the mountains.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Ocean Grove premiered a new song on Triple J last night. The first of the new era of OG.

Such a disappointment. At least I'll always have the Black Label > The Rhapsody Tapes > Glass Gloss era.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Ocean Grove premiered a new song on Triple J last night. The first of the new era of OG.

Such a disappointment. At least I'll always have the Black Label > The Rhapsody Tapes > Glass Gloss era.
Yep. Heard it, didn't like it.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
The dude who ran the Bald Faced Stag was being a prick. He wasn't paying half the artists. The place ended up selling back in April and the owner got rid of the organiser. He was temporarily replaced with the Immobiliser from Lagerstein after he left Lagerstein.

Now they've fully redeveloped it and reopened under "the Crowbar". Owned and run by the same guys that run Crowbar Brisbane.

Packy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Had to look up what the Crowbar was... So it's the new name for Bald Faced Stag.
Crowbar started in Brissy. They moved their life down to Sydney to give a Sydney club a shot. I have known the owner since our teens and he is a fuckin champion and is passionate about music. Support it where you can. Trad is one of the legit good ones.

Packy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

pretty disappointing, especially the vocals
I like it. I really liked The Flesh Prevails but never quite got in to Dreamless. Hoping this one kicks in to gear for me.