Opinion Full Metal Racket // Short Fast Loud

Ted Nü-Djent

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone who hasn’t gotten on this new Primordial album yet, consider yourself a poser.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
You know it's gonna be a good day....

When new Sevendust and Tremonti drop at the same time!!

Sevendust - disappointing as all fuck... really weak track. Kept expecting something but nothing happened.

New Tremonti however... MUCH BETTER ... Breakdown at 3:38 and change of tempo at 4:30(ish) is really good. But in saying that the guitar work is same / same, and no solo which Tremonti is king of.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Anyone a fan of Ghost?

The new frontman Cardinal Copia is hilarious. Apparently in Swedish Copia means Error or Mistake, so maybe a new Papa will overthrow him.

Ted Nü-Djent

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone a fan of Ghost?

The new frontman Cardinal Copia is hilarious. Apparently in Swedish Copia means Error or Mistake, so maybe a new Papa will overthrow him.

I’m a fan. Interested to see what happens next, especially with all the bullshit going on between Tobias and former members of the band.

Papa Emeritus

Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I’m a fan. Interested to see what happens next, especially with all the bullshit going on between Tobias and former members of the band.
Yeah I am happy that this stuff is happening because I am totally over reading about the lawsuit. It shows that the band is moving forward.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I reckon the band should drop the whole gimmick .. I could understand it when Tobias was keeping his identity a secret, but now that's out in public, they may as well drop it.

Either they'll keep im comical, or go really really dark with him.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Now that I'm actually on a computer, I can move this here without issue

New Cosmic Psychos albums is out now

And for the Hard Rockers, Dead Daisies new album is out

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I can't take Dead Daisies seriously after Triple M used to plug them HARDCORE playing the RSL scene.

Intresting fact about the band though.. The rhythm guitarist's name is David Lowy, and he's the oldest son of Westfield owner Frank Lowy!

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Can someone explain Ghost to me? I listened, nothing special at all.

The band members don’t get any credits for anything yeah? Is the singer changing his name every album cycle of?

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I can't take Dead Daisies seriously after Triple M used to plug them HARDCORE playing the RSL scene.

Intresting fact about the band though.. The rhythm guitarist's name is David Lowy, and he's the oldest son of Westfield owner Frank Lowy!
A lot of their stuff is definitely very Triple M style rock, but they also do some decent hard rock and they collaborate with many decent artists.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score

The band members don’t get any credits for anything yeah? Is the singer changing his name every album cycle of?
To me it's very "doom-esque".. almost a bit like The Doors and Jim Morrison. A bit of groove there as well.

I don[t get how they keep getting lumped in a metal sub genre... for me they re hard rock at best.

None of the band members bar the lead singer are known.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Trivium release video clip for Endless Night from latest album.

One of my favourite tracks from the album.

Papa Emeritus

Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I reckon the band should drop the whole gimmick .. I could understand it when Tobias was keeping his identity a secret, but now that's out in public, they may as well drop it.

Either they'll keep im comical, or go really really dark with him.
The gimmick is still fun, especially live. I'll admit it is less fun now though, but having said that, the musicians identities have been known for a very long time now (well before the lawsuit). Maybe not by everyone, but if you wanted to know it was not hard to find the info.

From my understand Tobias Forge writes almost all of the material. Some of the guys who were around since the start (who all got fired and are now in a legal battle vs Tobias) may have had some minor input into writing but that is about it. It seems like there was really bad communication between the two parties about their rights as members. Tobias has always seen the band as being completely interchangeable which is part of the reason why they wear disguises, he feels like it doesn't matter who is behind the masks. In reality, it doesn't matter. The whole band is all new now and they are still going on as normal. The only constant member is Tobias who just changes his persona every album.

One of the things that came out in the lawsuit was that Tobias did not come up with the Papa Emeritus character. He knew he wanted to create a band with anonymous entities, but that specific character was the idea of Pelle “Peter” Hällje who is a friend of Martin Persner who was one of the nameless ghouls. I am wondering if this move away from Papa Emeritus is some thing to do with that, even though Peter has no real claim to the character in a legal sense.

I can definitely understand not liking the band or whatever, they are a pretty unique sounding band that will resonate with you or it won't. My wife absolutely hates them with a passion, and cracks the shits everytime I put them on in the car and sing along. Something about them I really dig, and it is a nice change from listening to really heavy shit.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I guess for me I've never been a huge fan of gimmicks in music. Corpse paint cracks me up actually.

I'll admit one gimmick I can get into is Nekrogoblikon... because it's not in any way integral to the band. As in John Goblikon is an additional (non playing) band member.

Ted Nü-Djent

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

70'S Occult Rock is not for everyone.