Opinion Full Metal Racket // Short Fast Loud

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
NEW SEVENDUST!!!

Not bad... stereotypical Sevendust really... Hard to get sick of Lajon's vocal talents..

and what's not to love about some Nekrogoblikon.. funny clip and songs pretty solid.
(minor graphic violence at end)

Ted Nü-Djent

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Copy and pasted from Necrophagia’s Facebook page
We are so shocked and saddened to bring you the news of our dear brother Killjoy passing away this morning. We are at a loss for words. R.I.P brother you are forever in our hearts. We will cherish our moments together forever.
Frank (Killjoy) Pucci 1969-2018
R.I.P
Necrophagia
Serge, Shawn, Jake

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
For anyone who misses stoner era Sabbath, this album is smooth as spread shit

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Speaking of Stoner, the Sword have a new album out

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Meh take it or leave it. I hope the rest of the album has more balls than this.
Nope. Listened to the whole album. It's good but there's no strength in it. It's a chilled out stonerfest. Good to put on in the background while chilling but there's not much strength to drive it on.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
So this video clip came as an add on a youtube video i was about to watch. Thought i'd check it out and wasn't disappointed. If you like metalcore bands.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Anyone at Gojira/Mastodon tonight?
I was. I was also at Amon Amarth on Sunday.

Man I loll'ed at seeing The Roundhouse after being closed for almost 2 years, it looks almost the same. Slapped some wood panelling around the place, some new furniture outside and moved the merch stand to a hole in the wall. Apparently upstairs has a bar but I did not go up there. It wasn't bad, but I expected more after such a long closure.

Anyway on to the gigs.

Sabaton opened for Amon Amarth and I have never listened to this band and I am not really big on power metal but they were fun to watch. Probably would not go and listen to them offline though.

Amon Amarth absolutely killed it. After seeing them twice at Soundwave opening the main stage at like 11am, it was awesome to finally see them headline inside at night. Heaps of energy, sounded great and you could tell they really wanted to be there and appreciated how many people turned up on a Sunday. I even saw two blokes dressed in full Viking clothes complete with facepaint and faux animals skins.

Gojira was the next night and I am a massive fan of them and had seen them open for Mastodon before which set a pretty high bar. I thought they were just as good as the first time I saw them and their new songs mix really well into their setlist. I will never tire of hearing and seeing Flying Whales live. I think they played just over an hour, I was kinda expecting longer since the gig was promoted as both bands playing "full sets" but that's ok I guess.

Mastodon crushed it. They did have some classic Big Top sound problems though and Brent was absolutely fuming a lot of the time. He was shitty about how his guitar sounded and also his mic volume. At the end of the gig he instantly just vanished off stage whilst Brann talked to the crowd. To be honest the sound sounded pretty fine to me, but I was up close with (high quality) ear plugs in so someone closer to the sound stage might be a better judge. They played a really good varied setlist and I enjoyed hearing their newer stuff along side of classics like Blood and Thunder and Mother Puncher (I will never get sick of Mother Puncher so good).

It has been a fucking long time since I did 2 school night gigs in a row!

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Man I loll'ed at seeing The Roundhouse after being closed for almost 2 years, it looks almost the same. Slapped some wood panelling around the place, some new furniture outside and moved the merch stand to a hole in the wall. Apparently upstairs has a bar but I did not go up there. It wasn't bad, but I expected more after such a long closure.
The main cost was they redid all the sound deadening and replace the sound setup apparently. Then spent a little on the eatery area.

Papa Emeritus

Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
The main cost was they redid all the sound deadening and replace the sound setup apparently. Then spent a little on the eatery area.
Sound seemed really on point so good job I guess. Didn't really notice major issues there before however. The biggest prob is all the under age gigs and forcing alcohol outside, but thankfully this gig was 18+.

Packy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nope. Listened to the whole album. It's good but there's no strength in it. It's a chilled out stonerfest. Good to put on in the background while chilling but there's not much strength to drive it on.

It's been downhill since Warp Riders. I still have time for them but they were heading in to the stratosphere at once point.

Packy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was. I was also at Amon Amarth on Sunday.

Anyway on to the gigs.

Sabaton opened for Amon Amarth and I have never listened to this band and I am not really big on power metal but they were fun to watch. Probably would not go and listen to them offline though.

Amon Amarth absolutely killed it. After seeing them twice at Soundwave opening the main stage at like 11am, it was awesome to finally see them headline inside at night. Heaps of energy, sounded great and you could tell they really wanted to be there and appreciated how many people turned up on a Sunday. I even saw two blokes dressed in full Viking clothes complete with facepaint and faux animals skins.

Gojira was the next night and I am a massive fan of them and had seen them open for Mastodon before which set a pretty high bar. I thought they were just as good as the first time I saw them and their new songs mix really well into their setlist. I will never tire of hearing and seeing Flying Whales live. I think they played just over an hour, I was kinda expecting longer since the gig was promoted as both bands playing "full sets" but that's ok I guess.

Mastodon crushed it. They did have some classic Big Top sound problems though and Brent was absolutely fuming a lot of the time. He was shitty about how his guitar sounded and also his mic volume. At the end of the gig he instantly just vanished off stage whilst Brann talked to the crowd. To be honest the sound sounded pretty fine to me, but I was up close with (high quality) ear plugs in so someone closer to the sound stage might be a better judge. They played a really good varied setlist and I enjoyed hearing their newer stuff along side of classics like Blood and Thunder and Mother Puncher (I will never get sick of Mother Puncher so good).

It has been a fucking long time since I did 2 school night gigs in a row!

I am yet to see a band follow Gojira pull it off. I like their stuff but live, they are off the charts.

Papa Emeritus

Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
It's been downhill since Warp Riders. I still have time for them but they were heading in to the stratosphere at once point.
The Sword are dead to me now