Opinion Full Metal Racket // Short Fast Loud

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
was there for download, lol a tiny elderly woman almost got destroyed when the circle pit started and she wanted no part of it

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
Was Download any good?
if i didn't get it as a gift i probably wouldn't have gone, most of the bands i wanted to see were in the mid afternoon, so I couldn't be bothered waiting for arch enemy as there was about 2 and 1/2 hr wait between mastodon and them which included good charlotte and limp bizkit which i wasn't going anywhere near. some of the food wasn't properly cooked and wasn't alot to buy at the smaller markets. I still enjoyed myself. oh and there's always the token fat guy throwing his weight around

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
if i didn't get it as a gift i probably wouldn't have gone, most of the bands i wanted to see were in the mid afternoon, so I couldn't be bothered waiting for arch enemy as there was about 2 and 1/2 hr wait between mastodon and them which included good charlotte and limp bizkit which i wasn't going anywhere near. some of the food wasn't properly cooked and wasn't alot to buy at the smaller markets. I still enjoyed myself. oh and there's always the token fat guy throwing his weight around
Yeah man, I've heard similar, I just couldn't get excited about that line-up.

I heard it was more of a "test" this year, next year will be bigger and in Sydney.

Packy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I went to Limp Bizkit in Brissy as a gift. I have to admit that I got 3 Dollar Bill Y'all on import before it was available in Oz and I was on board the train in 97 or whenever it was (I still remember getting the 2nd album and spending a good 3 days trying to convince myself it wasn't shit before I gave in) but am not really a big fan but I thought it would be fun to sing along to all the "hits". Turns out I only recognized 3 songs and they didn't play the 4th I would have known. Wes Borland seems wasted in this band and even then his tones were weak in the mix.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
A few absolute crackers .... probably something for everyone.

Starting off with Light the Torch's latest track.... more hard rock but really expansive track that just fucking rocks..... Howard Jones has one damn good set of pipes on him.
@Hacky McAxe have you got their album Revival yet? If so is it any good?

Stepping it up to some enjoyable classic German Power Metal *takes a stance, spreads arms wide and cracks out some power metal downward fist movements*.. these guys (Bonfire) have been at it since 1972.

A bit heavier ... some new Dimmu Borgir... about as experimental as Interdimensional Summit, I'm not sure where the new album is going to land. Definitely black metal territory and atmospheric, but not as dark as previous stuff. Funny misconception is that they are satanic.... nope :D

Finishing off .... if this doesn't get your metal boner rising, there are problems. Dawn of Disease latest track... Vocals, rhythm guitar, and heavy aspects totally on point.

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score

Starting off with Light the Torch's latest track.... more hard rock but really expansive track that just fucking rocks..... Howard Jones has one damn good set of pipes on him.

Stepping it up to some enjoyable classic German Power Metal *takes a stance, spreads arms wide and cracks out some power metal downward fist movements*.. these guys (Bonfire) have been at it since 1972.

A bit heavier ... some new Dimmu Borgir... about as experimental as Interdimensional Summit, I'm not sure where the new album is going to land. Definitely black metal territory and atmospheric, but not as dark as previous stuff. Funny misconception is that they are satanic.... nope :D

Finishing off .... if this doesn't get your metal boner rising, there are problems. Dawn of Disease latest track... Vocals, rhythm guitar, and heavy aspects totally on point.

That Dimmu Borgir track is trash....yikes.

Also, Howard will always be one of my favourite heavy vocalists of all time, I usually get a strong woody for his "cleans", LTT nothing on KSE though.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score

Yeah, I got Light the Torch's Revival. It's good, but not great. The music is good and Jones is good but there's nothing special there. Just typical Hard Rock with the occasionally screams and metalcore style riffs. Also, every track sounds nearly identical.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Have any of you guys heard/seen the Batmetal videos? new one just released today. Pretty much animated Dethklok songs done with batman. The animations are great.

This one i like too. The end of it is the best it's so ridiculous.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Have any of you guys heard/seen the Batmetal videos? new one just released today. Pretty much animated Dethklok songs done with batman. The animations are great.

This one i like too. The end of it is the best it's so ridiculous.

Yeah. I love these videos

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Anyone seen this before...heavy as fuck on so many levels.

I absolutely love Dee!!

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Absolute fucking garbage. I was a fan of them earlier in their career. Poison and scream aim fire were great. Fuck they get worse every album
To me they've always just seemed like kids in high school who are trying to metal.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I see them as "Trivium Light".

Like what Trivium would sound like if a commercial radio station demanded they write an album.

Absolute fucking garbage. I was a fan of them earlier in their career. Poison and scream aim fire were great. Fuck they get worse every album
Venom was fairly good I thought.

That was the previous track (apparently from same upcoming album).

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
anyone checked out elien weaponry, from NZ? feel like they would sound better with someone with a deeper voice or wait for his voice to drop, but otherwise solid