Opinion Full Metal Racket // Short Fast Loud

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Some new heavy Trivium the way i like it!!
My favourite song on the album is between this and the Sin and the Sentence. Still not a huge fan of the album 'cause there's a lot of filler on it but it is a good album with some great tracks.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
My favourite song on the album is between this and the Sin and the Sentence. Still not a huge fan of the album 'cause there's a lot of filler on it but it is a good album with some great tracks.
Totally agree with ya mate. I also like The Wretchedness Inside.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
New Feared (Ola Englund) track is pretty friggin tasty

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Post metal gay crap from Iceland that I really enjoy. Former drummer of Sólstafir’s new band.
Something I've been listening to which is a mix of Devon Townsend, gay, and black. A gay, black Devon Townsend.

Ted Nü-Djent

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Something I've been listening to which is a mix of Devon Townsend, gay, and black. A gay, black Devon Townsend.

A few people have been fapping over this. I’ve seen it on Bandcamp but haven’t checked it out.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
A few people have been fapping over this. I’ve seen it on Bandcamp but haven’t checked it out.
It's a bit hit and miss. Some of it is crazy space metal that sounds great. Then there's soft folk mistral metal which is a little boring.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
New Cannibal Corpse has leaked and it’s a fucking baller.
Flat out day of work literally running around the city at full pace to make it to meetings, many arguments with contractors, arguments with building managers, get back to the office with a shit load to do. Throw on the new Cannibal Corpse and all is now good. Other than the urge to sacrifice virgins to Satan.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
image: http://cdn3-www.musicfeeds.com.au/a...source-getty-images-Katja-Ogrin-2-671x377.jpg

Download Festival 2017 / Photos: Katja Ogrin / Getty Images
NEWS
Download Festival Australia: Date, Venue & Lineup Countdown Revealed

Download Festival is officially coming to Australia in 2018, to help fill the Soundwave-shaped hole in our lives.

With the launch of the official Download Festival Australia website this morning, festival organisers Live Nation, Unified and Secret Sounds have confirmed that Download will make its Aussie debut in Melbourne next year, with 28 acts to perform at Flemington Racecourse on Saturday, 24th March. The festival also has plans to eventually expand across Australia.

While the full Melbourne lineup is yet to be announced, Music Feeds understands the likes of Korn, Limp Bizkit, Prophets Of Rage and NOFX will be on the festival’s debut Aussie roster.

The full lineup will be announced 9am AEDT Thursday, 9th November, according to a countdown on the Download Festival Australia website, and will feature 29 bands (with a third being Aussie acts) over four stages. Until then, you can read everything we know about the festival (so far) in the gallery below.

Live Nation purchased the Australian domain name for Download Festival last year, and the website momentarily went live (before later being taken down) late last month.

Music Feeds first broke news of Download Festival’s plans for Australia last year.

image: http://cdn1-www.musicfeeds.com.au/a...7-crowd-source-getty-images-Katja-Ogrin-1.jpg

Who's Involved
Former Soundwave Festival mastermind AJ Maddah IS NOT -- repeat -- IS NOT involved. The companies that ARE involved are touring giant Live Nation, Australian heavy music company Unified and Splendour In The Grass and Falls Festival promoters Secret Sounds. (Photos: Ollie Millington / YouTube)

When & Where
Download will make its Aussie debut on Saturday, 24th March 2018 at Melbourne's Flemington Racecourse, but there are plans to eventually expand the festival into a national tour.

Crowd Capacity & Stages
Around 25,000 ticket-holders will be able to watch bands play across four stages. There will also be specialty bars, markets, a food fare and art exhibitions on offer. (Photo: Katja Ogrin / Getty Images)

The Lineup
This lineup poster is a hilarious fake, but we already know a handful of bands that will appear on the real lineup, which will be announced in full at 9am AEDT Thursday, 9th November. There will be 28 acts on the roster, and a third of them will be Australian. (Photo: Katja Ogrin / Getty Images)

Attachments

Last edited:

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
image: http://cdn3-www.musicfeeds.com.au/a...source-getty-images-Katja-Ogrin-2-671x377.jpg

Download Festival 2017 / Photos: Katja Ogrin / Getty Images
NEWS
Download Festival Australia: Date, Venue & Lineup Countdown Revealed

Download Festival is officially coming to Australia in 2018, to help fill the Soundwave-shaped hole in our lives.

With the launch of the official Download Festival Australia website this morning, festival organisers Live Nation, Unified and Secret Sounds have confirmed that Download will make its Aussie debut in Melbourne next year, with 28 acts to perform at Flemington Racecourse on Saturday, 24th March. The festival also has plans to eventually expand across Australia.

While the full Melbourne lineup is yet to be announced, Music Feeds understands the likes of Korn, Limp Bizkit, Prophets Of Rage and NOFX will be on the festival’s debut Aussie roster.

The full lineup will be announced 9am AEDT Thursday, 9th November, according to a countdown on the Download Festival Australia website, and will feature 29 bands (with a third being Aussie acts) over four stages. Until then, you can read everything we know about the festival (so far) in the gallery below.

Live Nation purchased the Australian domain name for Download Festival last year, and the website momentarily went live (before later being taken down) late last month.

Music Feeds first broke news of Download Festival’s plans for Australia last year.

image: http://cdn1-www.musicfeeds.com.au/a...7-crowd-source-getty-images-Katja-Ogrin-1.jpg

Who's Involved
Former Soundwave Festival mastermind AJ Maddah IS NOT -- repeat -- IS NOT involved. The companies that ARE involved are touring giant Live Nation, Australian heavy music company Unified and Splendour In The Grass and Falls Festival promoters Secret Sounds. (Photos: Ollie Millington / YouTube)

When & Where
Download will make its Aussie debut on Saturday, 24th March 2018 at Melbourne's Flemington Racecourse, but there are plans to eventually expand the festival into a national tour.

Crowd Capacity & Stages
Around 25,000 ticket-holders will be able to watch bands play across four stages. There will also be specialty bars, markets, a food fare and art exhibitions on offer. (Photo: Katja Ogrin / Getty Images)

The Lineup
This lineup poster is a hilarious fake, but we already know a handful of bands that will appear on the real lineup, which will be announced in full at 9am AEDT Thursday, 9th November. There will be 28 acts on the roster, and a third of them will be Australian. (Photo: Katja Ogrin / Getty Images)
"nu-metal legends Korn, ‘Rollin” crew Limp Bizkit, Rage Against The Machine/Cypress Hill/Public Enemy supergroup Prophets Of Rage, punk icons NOFX"

I must have traveled back in time.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
New Annihilator album is out. It's pretty much what you'd expect from an 80s thrash band that's still kicking on. Not a bad album.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've still been pumping Trivium's album at work. The more i listen to it the more it's grown on me. Still reckon Thrown into the Fire is an epic song that makes me lose my shit every time it comes on.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
New Annihilator album is out. It's pretty much what you'd expect from an 80s thrash band that's still kicking on. Not a bad album.

His jeffs vocals have always been average, probably holding the band back a lot.i thought they had a singer in the 80s for alice in hell? Or am i confusing them with someone else the ***** a shreder on guitar and his vocals a step above mustaine

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
His jeffs vocals have always been average, probably holding the band back a lot.i thought they had a singer in the 80s for alice in hell? Or am i confusing them with someone else the ***** a shreder on guitar and his vocals a step above mustaine
They've had about 6 different vocalists that have been hit and miss