Opinion Full Metal Racket // Short Fast Loud

Ted Nü-Djent

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not sure if anyone has been paying attention to the news in the metal world but Decapitated band members were all arrested for gang rape later last month. They faced court yesterday and pleaded "not guilty". It's a bit of he said/she said. There were two women at a show who boarded their bus. They claim the band members were groping them and trying to restrain them. One woman claims she managed to fight them off and escape. The other woman claims she was raped by the whole band.

There are some things to keep in mind:

- The police reported bruising on the woman's arms and scratches on her knuckles suggesting she put up a fight defending herself (keeping in mind she had been moshing at a metal concert)

- There are a number of witnesses (roadies and general public) who stated that they saw both women leave the bus at separate times in what appeared to be good moods

- The woman who apparently escaped was caught driving under the influence of alcohol. She didn't mention anything about a rape until she was arrested and while awaiting being charged she received a phone call. After a private conversation she said that her friend was raped by 5 men and that she was only drink driving 'cause she was trying to get away

- The woman who was allegedly raped reported initially that 5 people raped her. That later changed to 4 people (all 4 band members)

- Two of the band members said they had consensual sex with her and they refused to provide DNA samples. The other two band members said they did not have sex with her at all and they provided DNA samples

Not sure how it will turn out but any which way the band is pretty screwed now.
Yeah dude, it’s all pretty insane. I was reading about it when it first broke but haven’t kept up to date.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Felt nostalgic and been listening to Limp Bizkit. Don't care what anyone says, the first 3 albums are awesome. I have no idea wtf happened after those though.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Not sure if I like the new Ne Obliviscaris album yet. Like any NeO album, there's a lot to take in. I'm also listening to it at work through one earphone so it's hard to hear if it's any good.

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
Not sure if I like the new Ne Obliviscaris album yet. Like any NeO album, there's a lot to take in. I'm also listening to it at work through one earphone so it's hard to hear if it's any good.
it took me a couple of runs to get into their 2nd album. just seems to be one of these bands where you need to go through it a few times to appreciate the nuances of it. the main thing that stands out for me is the vocals

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I heard one song from these guys on the rather crap Seasons of the Myst compilation album a few years back and I liked the song but for some reason I completely forgot about it until today. Started listening to their music. Really friggin' good. Much like Paradise Lost and Swallow the Sun.

Ted Nü-Djent

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I heard one song from these guys on the rather crap Seasons of the Myst compilation album a few years back and I liked the song but for some reason I completely forgot about it until today. Started listening to their music. Really friggin' good. Much like Paradise Lost and Swallow the Sun.

The PL comparison has me interested. The StS comparison does not. I’m conflicted.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
The PL comparison has me interested. The StS comparison does not. I’m conflicted.
Closer to PL.

StS have an odd mix. Some of their stuff is very much like PL, but a lot if just weird sounding mix of death and black gone bad.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score

Been listening to this album the last couple of days. It definitely is growing on me. The first couple of songs i really liked and the guitar arrangements sound great in their simplicity. Not bad at all.