Opinion Full Metal Racket // Short Fast Loud

tempo

Pritteee Good
Reaction score
I love: Hatebread, The Dillinger Escape Plan, Black Flag, Converge, Earth Crisis, Evergreen Terrace, Reggie and the Full Effect, Social Distortion, Suicidal Tendencies, Walls of Jericho ...

Someone mentioned them earlier, i used to see Mindsnare all the time when i was younger. Love them!
This chick has better taste in music than all the guys on here haha great work Jessica.

I used to be into stuff like Earth Crisis, Bane, Hope Conspiracy etc. I find most of the more straight ahead HC boring though. You should check out Majoirty Rule. HC with a nasty screamo infusion. Boston HC is good too. A Global Threat for instance.

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
i like maiden but their music isnt really heavy is it, its kind of light

i saw em when they toured in Feb & they were awesome, but yea give me slayer of sabbath or AC/DC any day, I am a humbucker man, Single Coils have their place but i like the meatier sound
think Sabbath/Acdc/slayer/Pantera etc think chunky humbuckers , think maiden/priest etc think single coil

The Chunky Humbuckers would be a good name for a band , as would "The Porch Monkeys" if you were game to run with that name :p
Snootchy bootchies!! :D

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Bulldozed by Mindsnare. ****ing sick.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Ladies, check out Daysend. New album is one of the best metal albums by an Aussie band. Awesome.

jessicaaah

there's always next year
Reaction score
It's funny. Growing up i always hated Pantera (probably because of the guys at my high school who listened to them) but as i get older i'm really starting to appreciate them. I guess when songs still sound good and fresh 10+ years later that's the true test. Then again, it could just be pure nostalgia and memories i associate with it.

M

mofo sixx

Hail Pantera

It's funny. Growing up i always hated Pantera (probably because of the guys at my high school who listened to them) but as i get older i'm really starting to appreciate them. I guess when songs still sound good and fresh 10+ years later that's the true test. Then again, it could just be pure nostalgia and memories i associate with it.
i was a pantera fan back in 1990, the tone of dimes guitars on cowboys was a massive breath of fresh air back then & it only got better with VDOP , that album blew me away & still does & my its my 13 y/old daughters fav album too & she is shattered taht she was robbed of the chance of ever seeing this awesome rip it up on stage , in 1996 i shook hands with Phil & Dime thats something i will never forget , i think in yrs to come we will see some kind of reformation of pantera zakk wylde or slash or even jerry cantrell up there where Dime should be,
i think when Vinnie Paul realises that his brother would want ppl to hear his music then this might happen! ,
"walk on home boy"

& remember when Pantera ruled, grunge was the order of the day & metal was not popular @ all in fact it was very unpopuar it was all Kurt of Billy Corgan "hence metallicas hair cuts & soft album trying to move with the times" but pantera stuck to their guns "as did slayer" & kept metal alive thru that dark period! , we have a lot to thank em for otherwise we could all be standing around feeling miserable @ a Smashing Pumpkins gig,

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
I dont think Pantera are coming back

just wont be the same without Dime and imo it Pantera wouldnt work without him

jessicaaah

there's always next year
Reaction score
I think Pantera are definitely one of the better bands of the nineties.

Speaking of Smashing Pumpkins, they SH*T me like nothing else. I would rather slit my throat than have to listen to them. They're not a band that has held up well over time.

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
Fellow metalheads/rockers/punx/hardcorers and Dogs lovers, this will probably be my last post for 2 months as im going overseas to America and Europe. I wish the Dogs and The Kennel all the best while im away and will be checking the Bulldogs site for reviews and scores when i can. Before i leave i ask of one thing: keep this thread alive!!!!! Not only does everyone in this thread listen to the same/similar music i do, but love the Dogs as much as i do.

Anyway, ill stop dribbling now. LOL. Ill talk to you guys when i get back.
Regards, Gonads. \m/

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
This chick has better taste in music than all the guys on here haha great work Jessica.

I used to be into stuff like Earth Crisis, Bane, Hope Conspiracy etc. I find most of the more straight ahead HC boring though. You should check out Majoirty Rule. HC with a nasty screamo infusion. Boston HC is good too. A Global Threat for instance.
Just because she likes exactly what you like doesnt mean she has the best taste :S

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
no probs Gonayrds

I will try my best to keep this thread alive
btw good choice of thread to make your last post in for awhile

M

mofo sixx

Fellow metalheads/rockers/punx/hardcorers and Dogs lovers, this will probably be my last post for 2 months as im going overseas to America and Europe. I wish the Dogs and The Kennel all the best while im away and will be checking the Bulldogs site for reviews and scores when i can. Before i leave i ask of one thing: keep this thread alive!!!!! Not only does everyone in this thread listen to the same/similar music i do, but love the Dogs as much as i do.

Anyway, ill stop dribbling now. LOL. Ill talk to you guys when i get back.
Regards, Gonads. \m/
Enjoy Cavalera Conspiracy dude, i gotsta wait till Sept when they tour,

tempo

Pritteee Good
Reaction score
Just because she likes exactly what you like doesnt mean she has the best taste :S
She doesn't like what I like at all but she likes decent bands that aren't very popular. I like my music to be good and unknown tbh.

I hated when Millencolin and AFI became popular LOL
I still like them both but I don't listen to their newer stuff.

The thing is it's often the unknown bands that are better. Most of the punk/emo/hc bands on MTV for example are formulaic posers.

M

mofo sixx

Just picked up soulside journey by darkthrone its a seminal album from about 1990 , totally different to the other stuff they did whch was basically norwegian black metal which i am not into at all, that stuff is why to cliche fro my liking , but this album is good,k it has a song cicon clasm sweeps capadosia , which is a mind blowing song,
i had this album on tape back in like '92 & have never been able to find it so am a happy camper 2day!

M

mofo sixx

Joe Satriani - Surfing with the alien.
Good album
siht yea, its his best work for sure, altho i nevre got into the 2nd side of it only the first few songs, actually i really only like alien & always with me always iwth you, apart from that its kind of annoying music!

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
All That Remains new album is coming out soon called Overcome

Good band, songs like This Calling and The Weak Willed are worth a listen