Opinion Fraud frontrow

oldman

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Thompson and Hetherington are killing us, offer absolutely no punch in attack while being totally ineffective in defence. Opposition continually rolls through us when they're on and then in possession they can't even carry us out of our 40. We had one set during that 10 minute spell after halftime yet Ogden and Ava still managed to carry us out of our half.
Crack kills….. say no to drugs.

Dogmonster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We need 2 good big front rowers.
Remember Willie Mason saying where are your front rowers laughing at them, packing in a scrum when he was at knights.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
N
All our forwards are inconsistent. Nothing will ever happen until we get some decent go forward. We keep losing because of poor field position:

1. No go forward

2. Dumb errors and no discipline
They're all the same type of player, similar build, etc...just no balance at all across the pack. There just isn't anyone that's going to consistently lead us forward and win momentum both sides of the ball. Ava is the only one that I'd put the confidence in but he really shouldn't be more than a bench prop in a good side.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I just do not rate Thompson as a prop at all.

He has leg speed and footwork so he should be on the edge, the bloke is being wasted as a battering ram.
Yes. Very noticeable… and very much a waste.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don’t t understand how we didn’t yet one inside the 10 restart all game. That shows there is bias as I believe you can find one in every set from every team.
I'm sick to the gills with the repeat sets awarded against us, while the opposition gets away with it.
Souths had 65% possession while we struggled to get out of our own half. The refs have done it to us every game, making it easy for the top eight sides to get into our half and score. Our forwards tire from tackling most of the game.

liljohny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Too simplistic.

57% to 43% possession split.
10 to 33 Missed Tackle split.
3 of the 6 agains were intentional off scrums.
2 of the 6 penalties were tackles that were put on report
Back to my question. So the bunnies were that clinical to only be served 4 infringements?

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Back to my question. So the bunnies were that clinical to only be served 4 infringements?
They had almost 20% more of the possession and we're basically talking about an 8-4 infringment differential.

I reckon there was an obstruction the ref missed on the Burns attempted try but yeah, pretty much.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Thompson and Hetherington are killing us, offer absolutely no punch in attack while being totally ineffective in defence. Opposition continually rolls through us when they're on and then in possession they can't even carry us out of our 40. We had one set during that 10 minute spell after halftime yet Ogden and Ava still managed to carry us out of our half.
All our forwards are shit really... It's mostly due to Barrett's rotation and how he has them playing. Look at the stats of all our middle forwards in regards to hit ups and run metres, it's embarrassing. The rotation needs to change and have more frequent interchanges to get more out of Ava and Ogden as we need them atm

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hetherington and Thompson hardly get over the advantage line. You can see the difference a big body like Ava makes when he comes on. Thompson is not a pack leader and would be good coming off the bench with his leg speed against a tired defense.

liljohny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They had almost 20% more of the possession and we're basically talking about an 8-4 infringment differential.

I reckon there was an obstruction the ref missed on the Burns attempted try but yeah, pretty much.
13 - 4 was the penalty / set restart count. That's more than 8 - 4.

We did some dumb things with the ball tonight and yes gave away a few blatant penalties, but there is no chance souths were that clinical to only give away 1 set restart.