Official Forget Mo

04 Dreaming

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How much do you think Mo got to stay at the titans. To get him to belmore would take another 250 to 300k more. Gus can go talk to every player who is available until the cows come home but at the end if they are only worth 500 600k but want 800k would you really throw out cap out if whack. The only time I would throw money for a missing piece is when we have the roster filled with talented developered youth and 1st graders and need 1 more to make our run. Otherwise paying players over just to make us compete not content is wasted cap.
Absolutely we should pay the required overs my friend. The one disclaimer - they must be spent wisely on the right players

Clear as fuck we need Fotuaika desperately, so give him the extra required

If Cleary wanted 1.6mil to join us or 1.3mil to stay at penny, would u not pay it?

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Absolutely we should pay the required overs my friend. The one disclaimer - they must be spent wisely on the right players

If Cleary wanted 1.6mil to join us or 1.3mil to stay at penny, would u not pay it?
Us, the Tigers, Saints etc could have been willing to offer him overs but you can't make an offer before November 1 and when he's already re-signed on a big contract. So there's no point blaming the club for something that isn't possible.

That's like complaining that we didn't sign Cleary, Walsh, Ponga etc when they aren't off contract and are already on huge deals.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Critta has failed at fullback when given a run, you are kidding yourself. The 1st yr before they went on the run commentators we saying critta to one to as the spart they need, since then he has done the job on the wing and both sides at centre. He is top 3 centre and potentially a great fullback. 800k for that in today's market is good. You are showing your biased agenda with your comments. It's sickening your constant attacks..you are a troll like the clown and the one who changes his name every 10 min. If you haven't seen an improvement in the club foundation than there is no use responding to you .
You can call me troll all you like. Doesn't change the fact Crichton has been appalling every game he has started at the back in his career. The Kennel will be calling for his contract to be torn up by round 10. Just look at how they turned on Burton.

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
You can call me troll all you like. Doesn't change the fact Crichton has been appalling every game he has started at the back in his career. The Kennel will be calling for his contract to be torn up by round 10. Just look at how they turned on Burton.
This coming from someone who thought flange was a 1st grade 7 and than a NRL hooker. Go eat a dick.

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score

No I wouldn't pay 1.6 for Cleary because he need to be better in so many areas to utilise Cleary. With our pack and our lack of it would be a waste . Getting Cleary in 3 yrs when we have filled in other pieces than yes if he was the difference from a top 8 team to contender. Cleary won't make us a contender or top 8 team alone. Mo would be a good buy but not for 300k overs.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
This coming from someone who thought flange was a 1st grade 7 and than a NRL hooker. Go eat a dick.
He's better than our current hooker, and is at least on par with Sexton lol.

I'll come back for my apology when the sack Crichton threads start rolling in.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
I didnt even know we were interested in him. So easy come easy go i guess lol.

Im sure we pick up a few decent forwards for next year, but little will happen pre the GF and mostly after Nov 1. Sure the players after Nov 1 will be ones who are available for 2025, but you have to be able to talk to them before you can try and get them an early release too.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
No I wouldn't pay 1.6 for Cleary because he need to be better in so many areas to utilise Cleary. With our pack and our lack of it would be a waste . Getting Cleary in 3 yrs when we have filled in other pieces than yes if he was the difference from a top 8 team to contender. Cleary won't make us a contender or top 8 team alone. Mo would be a good buy but not for 300k overs.
Yet you're happy to pay overs for a centre to play fullback now. lollllll

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Disappointing that MO did not sign with us. Just reinforces the old problem of players not wanting to come to Belmore.

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
Yet you're happy to pay overs for a centre to play fullback now. lollllll
800k for the best centre in the comp isn't overs especially when Penrith is offering $750k. If he plays centre he is value and if he plays 1 and kills it than he is a bargain. All I know is he is going to play 1st grade and make a difference unlike our previous recruits who have offered sweet fk all. Flange, tpj, Foran, flange, Thompson, and flange.

Last edited:

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
We won't get any marquee without significantly overpaying.

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
We won't get any marquee without significantly overpaying.
Ok but my point is let's develop and bring in a few kids , add to that the experience the current crop will have and then get the marquee player we need in 2yrs. If we over pay now it's wasted as it won't make a difference. When we are ready to compete for top for the marquee we sign now will be on their last yr of contract. Than they will want an upgrade and the cycle continue. We need 25 to 30 NRL ready players not 12 to 15. The cap with no development of kids won't work. Recent history shows we have failed in many areas, recruitment, retention and most of all development. Can't find all problems at one time with a cap.

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
WTF, the incumbent club has a big advantage, they can negotiate before Nov 1 and they can increase the players contract for 2024. No external club can do that.

Always a Bulldog
Common sense here won't work mate lol

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
800k for the best centre in the comp isn't overs especially when Penrith is offering $750k. If he plays centre he is value and if he plays 1 and kills it than he is a bargain. All I know is he is going to play 1st grade and make a difference unlike our previous recruits who have offered sweet fk all. Flange, tpj, Foran, flange, Thompson, and flange.
He's a gun centre, no doubt. But a gun centre won't do much behind our pack. 800k centres just aren't what we need, lafam.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
If we don't sign Keaon Koloamatangi, we are absolutely fucked. When i say fucked, i mean fucked.

He was a bulldogs supporter when younger. Grew up in Canterbury area. His sister is in our Tarsha Gale cup.

There's no way Gus fucks this up. If he wanted to stay at the Rabbitohs, he would have resigned ages ago.

Gus always looks calm and relaxed when signings are being spoken about and confidently stated we have about 8-9 signings coming up after the Grand Final.

We've landed our selves a big fish i reckon.
Exactly how I feel. He must know we need some big Fucking forwards and keaon is as good as available for us.

I could definitely get behind Saifiti and twal for next year provided $ aren’t crazy but keaon is a must now with all the elite talent gone.

With Lindsay smith extended it’s a must for Xavier Wilson or (ideally even and) may from
Roosters.

I doubt either leave just quietly. Could see Wilson maybe being paid big elsewhere that ponies can’t match.

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fotuaika like many others (Haas, Tino, Fifita etc) re-signed well before they were allowed to negotiate with other clubs after November 1.. They were probably never leaving their current clubs. The cap going up and the 17th team has killed the player market as most key players re-signed..

There are less than a handful of star players that changed clubs for 2024 that we missed out on. Almost every other club has struggled to recruit for 2024 as well.
Expansion means less quality players and more teams struggling....it will be very hard for struggling teams to rise to the top

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
He's a gun centre, no doubt. But a gun centre won't do much behind our pack. 800k centres just aren't what we need, lafam.
Well he is the best defensive centre in the comp and we definitely need a good edge defender.. And as a bonus he is a great attacking player and goal kicker. He is a recruitment win for us and if you can't see it than that shows your agenda is to be the anti ..Enjoy that journey it takes serious effort to maintain a negative stance.