No Source Foran / cogger not wanted

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
It's a risk to go into a new season without an experienced half though. But .. gotta put trust into the new coach. He obviously has a plan if he doesn't want to keep Foran so you need to allow him to make those steps.

Personally I'd keep Foran but if the money he's looking for is too much then ...
Mentioned it in another thread that I'd gladly run with
6. Burton
7. Townsend (for 1 or 2 years) and give Wakeham some time to play NSW cup

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Townsend is up for sale?
He's off contract effectively at the end of 2021 with a player option in his favour for an extra 2 years. With Johnson, Moylon, Trindall and Tracey at the club...maybe we'd have a chance. Long shot but would be worth it at the right price as we could give him more job security tbh

Last edited:

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Oh anybody flicking Wakes off is way off. Kids still raw as fcuk and plenty to learn and build on. Avo is still the uncertainty, really no idea where the kid is going...
Totally agree wakes kills it for fiji but average under pay as were most,hes craving an actual coach which is what tb is I actually think wakes/burton under tb guidance will be sensational

Novocastrian

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Id rather try and get Billy Walters then Brooks. Walters could even play dummy half for that matter.
But thats only if we cant get smith or grant

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
foran is no loss , biggest problem facing the team is still no quality 1, 6, 7, 9
I think the fact you're saying there's no quality at 6 or 7 offsets your statement that Foran is no loss.

Get the dislike of him but he's a quality football player when he's playing and will be a loss.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Id rather try and get Billy Walters then Brooks. Walters could even play dummy half for that matter.
But thats only if we cant get smith or grant
I also suggested him as an option a while ago but he's done his ACL and MCL I think. So we can rule him out.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If it's true and Foran is indeed on the way out then 100% they've got plans to cover his loss. Barrett isn't going to step into a new job, at a new club, his last chance for redemption as a NRL coach, and NOT have a plan for the halves situation.

Excited to see who we're looking to bring in instead of Foran, if this rumour is true of course!

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I still really want to win the game on Sunday.
Let's see how Cogger & Foran play.
Always said Foran could get a better offer elsewhere than $350k for 1 season.
If the club has made the decision for him great.

David holland

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Don't feel sorry,it's a business and where losing badly atm ,I heard cogger could end back at Newcastle,and manly want foran,hearing they want him bad and want to offload walker

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
Agree. Though do think we need a better fullback and it's a position I'd love to see us buy in. Though who's out there?
Definitely a key position for any team.
We need a whole new spine moving forward.
In regards to who’s available and who is a realistic option I haven’t really looked at who’s off contract or what juniors from other clubs might have good potential. All I know is meany is not the answer. Safe under the high ball but that’s about it, to passive and Easily dominated.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I still really want to win the game on Sunday.
Let's see how Cogger & Foran play.
Always said Foran could get a better offer elsewhere than $350k for 1 season.
If the club has made the decision for him great.
Don't think he will get offered all that much tbh, probably more appeal on going to a more settled club of similar coin to us. I can still see him ending up at the Knights.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Don't think he will get offered all that much tbh, probably more appeal on going to a more settled club of similar coin to us. I can still see him ending up at the Knights.
Hmmm....last 4 games I thought he has been good.
Looking much less like the tin man from Wizard of Oz and his kicking game much better.

As I said it will be interesting to see how he plays on Sunday.

halfcast

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Mentioned it in another thread that I'd gladly run with
6. Burton
7. Townsend (for 1 or 2 years) and give Wakeham some time to play NSW cup
Rumour is burton will resign with panfers
Now what