Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
1. Averillo
6. Brooks
7. Wakeham
9. Smith

Will be our spine sometime next year, you can quote me on this!

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The club can't speak to Burton until November.
Plenty of time for Penrith to extend him beyond 2021.
Also Barrett apparently gave an undertaking to Penrith not to approach any Penrith player while he is still at Penrith.
The first priority should be Brandon Smith for next season. Even then Smith is about a 5% chance.
Absolutely but there are ways around it as we all know. Baz cant approach Burton but Hill can. Also, that's assuming Burton wants to extend. Is he really happy not playing FG?
I agree Smith, or any gun hooker, is a requirement.

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
1. Averillo
6. Brooks
7. Wakeham
9. Smith

Will be our spine sometime next year, you can quote me on this!
Isnt Brooks more of an organizing halfback? I think his style with clash with Wakeham. I like the 9 and 1 though

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Give Foran a ring Trent, come on... Foran and Burton 2021!
Exactly. When Foran is on the park he's definitely our best player. If we pair Burton with Wakeham or Lewis we're putting too much pressure on Burton. Pair him with Foran and keep Wakeham as back up. Foran and Burton = 1 good experienced half + 1 good young half - should be a winning combination til Burton learns more and becomes like Keary hopefully. Remember that Burton is not quite signed, sealed and delivered. We have the inside running obviously because of Barrett but don't be surprised if the Roosters suddenly make a big offer now Flanagan hasn't worked out to be so great.

From what I've read seems we're about 200K apart with Foran like we were with Elliott in the original offer. Foran wants 600K and we're offering 400K. I hope we still have enough in the bank to re-sign Foran for say 450K - 500K plus a hooker.

Last edited:

BlackDawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lol Brookes. The myth from tigers that does nothing but suck salary cap & assume his position behind the try line after he misses a tackle? Would rather a broken Foran 505 of the time than a myth like Brookes.

XR6T

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Nasheed, if you ever wonder why you're a laughing stock on the kennel its because your opinions are laughable, you're racist and you are into poo.

Saying that Burton is not a better option than Lewis is exactly the kind of reason people have a go at you. Watch the highlight clip of Burton in the Burton forum. The kid has pace, a Ponga like step, can kick and can pass.........all things that Lewis cant do....even in his fucking dreams

Lewis is a crap footballer, always has been and always will be. He is the Tolman of the halves. Thankfully someone at the club is smart enough to have targeted Burton as the club's long term 5/8. Yes he's the 4th choice half at Penrith but that's because he's stuck behind Luai, who is older and has more experience and is Cleary's preferred halves partner because they played junior footy together. It doesnt mean Burton isn't any good

Oh, and you're a fucking Souffs supporter.....and proud of it. FMD
Nasheed.....laughing stock?
Noooooooo.....

Hey, Nasheed.....your doggy is not happy about you using him as your fashion manikin......he doesn't like the sox bit!

Screenshot_20200815-175916_Google.jpg

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
All from the insider;
Fact- we are negotiating with Foran. Club just playing jewball. My instinct says it'll be locked up later in the year.
Fact- Cogger was ok the outer and has been trying to play for a place after knocking back an offer to be Newcastle depth on a small min contract. I have respect for what he has done.
Fact- the club has been talking to Burton.
Now my opinion is Burton isn't even that good. Can't crack Penrith. 4th choice half. All this love for him is just social cancer spreading through the Kennel. He is no better an option than Lewis. At least Lewis can influence a game.

I reckon just persist with Lewis and Foran and supplement it with a gun big money hooker and reassess end of 2021.
Lost me at persist with Lewis. And Penrith have established young halves just poor timing that Burton is a little younger and came into grade later. Embarrassment of riches for Penrith really.