For & Against should not decide Finals places in the NRL

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Interesting idea. Should the minor premiership be decided the same way?
Every position on the ladder if the teams are in the same points.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
It should be Head to Head results.

The Sharks beat the Titans 38-10 when they played each other this season.

That should've given the Sharks 8th spot instead of the Titans playing an uninterested Warriors.
Hey, the degenerate drunk piece of shits team got deservedly booted out lol

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Hey, the degenerate drunk piece of shits team got deservedly booted out lol
I’m happy about that. I’m just saying for future to make it fair for everyone.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
How about they bring in a bye for before the finals & decide any final places by play-offs like they used to. Remember 1991 V Wests?

You could also run a Channel 10 Challenge Cup (1978) style knock out for the teams that didn't make it. More money for Mr. Money hungry V'Landys.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
That’s a fair point, but how would head yo head results be fair? You could have a case where one team goes into a head to head with a number of outs due to injury….. or where one team is kissing players due to origin.
Yep, although kissing players should be banned. Some teams only play the top sides once in a season, so they have a greater advantage. The points differential is as fair as any.

The other solution would be a mid week playoff for the position, but that would weaken the winning team for their first finals game.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm not disappointed that the Sharks are not in the finals. I wonder how Scomo feels?

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Should be top 6 if you lose more games than you win in a season you have no right to be in the semi's
Broadcasters wont go for less finals matches.

Cant do it head to head, a team might get lucky and catch the other side down on troops due to injury, origin, suspension, when they played them.

Cronulla had a chance and blew it. Not like titans or cronulla are any chance of winning the title anyway

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Broadcasters wont go for less finals matches.

Cant do it head to head, a team might get lucky and catch the other side down on troops due to injury, origin, suspension, when they played them.

Cronulla had a chance and blew it. Not like titans or cronulla are any chance of winning the title anyway
Injuries effect for and against also so using it against my argument makes no sense.

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It should be Head to Head results.

The Sharks beat the Titans 38-10 when they played each other this season.

That should've given the Sharks 8th spot instead of the Titans playing an uninterested Warriors.
Teams have got 25 rounds to get their shit together to make the finals, why should those failing to do that get one more chance?

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yeh its been the same for a long time now i dont really have a problem with it as is.

hayes

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Should get rid of the preseason games and full home and away season then and only then we will have a fair comp.

Like for fuck sake magic round has been two home games for us.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
The differential indicates how they performed over the entire season. It's not fair to determine if they make the finals or not based on one game from earlier in the year.

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
doesnt matter, 7 and 8 will get 40 put on them, and then 5th and 6th will get 40 put on them the following week

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Teams have got 25 rounds to get their shit together to make the finals, why should those failing to do that get one more chance?
It's not a chance. I said if 2 teams are tied in a position then you only count their H2H matches from that season. How is for and against fair if 1 team plays Storm and Panthers twice each and the other team plays them only once each?

Roosters this year played Storm *2, Panthers *2, Rabbitohs *2, Eels *2 and just missed out on the top 4 on for and against. How is that fair?

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Should get rid of the preseason games and full home and away season then and only then we will have a fair comp.

Like for fuck sake magic round has been two home games for us.
Yep & Brisbane had at least 1 of them where they were the away team.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
doesnt matter, 7 and 8 will get 40 put on them, and then 5th and 6th will get 40 put on them the following week
This. A team finishing 8th with more wins than losses will be lambs to the slaughter anyway.

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's not a chance. I said if 2 teams are tied in a position then you only count their H2H matches from that season. How is for and against fair if 1 team plays Storm and Panthers twice each and the other team plays them only once each?

Roosters this year played Storm *2, Panthers *2, Rabbitohs *2, Eels *2 and just missed out on the top 4 on for and against. How is that fair?
And if two teams have played each other twice for a win each, do you go on points scored, ie for and against? You're complicating something that is already simple.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
And if two teams have played each other twice for a win each, do you go on points scored, ie for and against? You're complicating something that is already simple.
How is it complicated lol? It's actually very simple.

It's how the title is decided in Spanish soccer and I love that system.