Flanagan isnt the problem

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Flanagan is a huge problem, but Chris Smith's 13 run metres in 80 minutes is the problem of the round haha
Doorey being dropped is up there also lol

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Flanno was shit, Waddel was worse and that’s just the tip of the iceberg.
We don’t have the troops left for a mass change due to injuries.
Can’t see it getting any better this season unfortunately

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Looking at how other players respond to Flanagan i have a sense that the issues with Flanagan, and Lewis to some extent, are more than just what they do on the field.

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
He kicked the ball out on a first tackle set restart on their 5 meter line because he thought he was going to do a Roosters or Storm play... It’s like he thinks he was playing as Tom Brady in Madden. Might work on the PlayStation but know your lane in real life dickhead

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
His been diabolical. Needs to moved on. Burton will be great for us at 6 next year. Avo hands down needs to be our starting 7. Pretty sure he played some of his juiors as a 7. Some might argue you need an organising half. I guess these 2 will have to share the duties. The storm have similar halves both are more runners then organizes.

fooch

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Defence just slides off Flanno cause he has no running game nullifying everone outside him. Run occasionally

Yougra

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Flanagan can’t even kick a ball properly.

Lewis and Averillo can at least kick a ball high enough to give the chasers time to reach it.

Flanagan’s bombs are like chip kicks. Absolutely useless in attacking situations.
Agree. At least while Lewis was on his kicks were much longer and the couple of attacking crossfield bombs he put up actually gave us a chance to compete. Flannos kicking game is just crap

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
The whole team lacked urgency, desperation and urgency, our wings continue to leak and thats where the opposition knows to go.

gibbo2

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Unfortunately the rot in attack starts at Hooker and also due to the fact that our go forward from our pack is dismal. I am finding it hard to judge Flanagan fairly this season. He also has no support from centres with any sort of pace, a 5/8 who should have a missing poster up during the match , and also we have no ball playing options at full back. Flanagan may be a dud , but I need to see a support crew with him before making a determination.

gibbo2

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
His been diabolical. Needs to moved on. Burton will be great for us at 6 next year. Avo hands down needs to be our starting 7. Pretty sure he played some of his juiors as a 7. Some might argue you need an organising half. I guess these 2 will have to share the duties. The storm have similar halves both are more runners then organizes.
Avo isn’t a 7 dude. He has little involvement as it is.

bulldogsmyte

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The roosters don’t let good players slip through their fingers. Flanagan is an imposter. The roosters dumped him because they could see it. He is Moses Mbye the Second. Terrible In attack. Terrible 5th tackle options.
He's worse than Mbye. Mybe was a dud but at least he was quick and had a few (not many) shining moments amongst the regular crap he delivered. Flanno had one good game for us out of 9 and is heading downhill towards Lewis and Wakeham territory.

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looking at how other players respond to Flanagan i have a sense that the issues with Flanagan, and Lewis to some extent, are more than just what they do on the field.
Wasn't that one of the issues he had at the Rorters? Pretty sure the players didn't like him. Same with Lewis.

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can almost confirm he is on the out, i cant say how.
Great to hear. The "almost confirm" is worrying though...I want him officially gone

I was happy to take a punt on him but now that he's been exposed as a fraud he needs to go (or at least not be the starting 7 next year). I don't hold it against Baz for signing him but I will hold it against him if he sticks with him. Robbo made the same mistake by signing him but he then realised his mistake and let him go. We have to do the same.

Any mail on the halves pairing for next year?

Jai81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Has anyone actually seen Flanagan play a dominant game for any club??
I struggle to see what Barrett saw in him to sign him in the first place??
We could have made a play at Reynolds if we didnt sign this clown..

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Has anyone actually seen Flanagan play a dominant game for any club??
I struggle to see what Barrett saw in him to sign him in the first place??
We could have made a play at Reynolds if we didnt sign this clown..
Reynolds wouldn't come you can quote me on that.