Flanagan consolidated thread.

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Will we wait for Burton tho? And considering Flanagan's experience wouldn't that give him the advantage over Burton?

Sure. He hasn't set the world on fire this year but as you say he's young and stepping into Cronk's shoes was always going to be a big ask.

I don't know enough about either player to make a call, but would prefer to one that could start for us first game in '21 rather than waiting a year.
Grab what we can now i say. Any upgrade is ultimately better just no 3 or 4 year deals for any ****

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Grab what we can now i say. Any upgrade is ultimately better just no 3 or 4 year deals for any c***
Exactly. Gotta make them work for contracts. So bring this fella in I say.

Would there be much competition out there for him? Would he go back to the Sharks?

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Will we wait for Burton tho? And considering Flanagan's experience wouldn't that give him the advantage over Burton?

Sure. He hasn't set the world on fire this year but as you say he's young and stepping into Cronk's shoes was always going to be a big ask.

I don't know enough about either player to make a call, but would prefer to one that could start for us first game in '21 rather than waiting a year.
I think we go for both as they're different style of players. Get Flanno now as a 7 and then sign Burton as the 6 when we can.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Flanagan isn't a bad player and he's been made a scapegoat for the Roosters. They ruthlessly dump a kid that they poach after one year and it's just business. We release dead wood and we show no loyalty according to the media..

He's a solid complimentary half who's sound in most areas but probably doesn't run enough. He looked more dangerous in attack when he was at Cronulla. Burton is a lot better and I'd rather sign him but if we ended up with both eventually that would be a good halves pairing with Averillo maybe at fullback..

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Main issue with this is not whether or not he is better than Lewis or Wakeham, but the fact that he isn't an experience senior half, which is what we really need.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
He’s played 29 games.

Lewis has played 37, Cogger 42...and I’d pick Flanno in a heartbeat.
Yeah that’s it mate! You can add Wakeham, a washed up Benji and Townsend to that list too. The cupboard is pretty much bare for any halves options and if Green has pulled the pin we need to get someone and Flanagan would be the best option.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I honestly have no opinion on him... supposedly he is on 280k at the Roosters and if he wants to sign on with us for that then I'm defenitely not going to complain.
Mate. I'd love to believe that you won't complain about a signing ... Or anything related to the Dogs but history tells me you will ....

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I like this particularly if Green retires and we can get Flanagan for 2021.
He played well in most of the games I saw him play, good kicking game, supports through the middle, willing in defence but can get bumped off easy. Doesn't miss many conversions.
He reminds me a bit of Nathan Cleary in style of play.