Flanagan consolidated thread.

capt obvious

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Greens been released, so his money can go to Flanagan. Still grab burton and cheese for 2021!
Remis to melb for addo carr
1. Addo carr
2. Okonbor
3. Cotric
4. Hoppa
5. Dwz
6. Burton
7. Flanagan
8. Hethrington
9. Cheese
10. Thompson
11. Jacko
12. Rfm
13. Elliot
14. Jmk
15 . Renouf
16. Doorey
17. Stimpson / britt/ smith/ ogden/napa
That would be nice!

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Greens been released, so his money can go to Flanagan. Still grab burton and cheese for 2021!
1. Addo carr
2. Okonbor
3. Cotric
4. Hoppa
5. Dwz
6. Burton
7. Flanagan
8. Hethrington
9. Cheese
10. Thompson
11. Jacko
12. Rfm
13. Elliot
14. Jmk
15 . Renouf
16. Doorey
That would be nice!
Is that confirmed about Green?

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
1. Addo carr
2. Okonbor
3. Cotric
4. Hoppa
5. Dwz
6. Burton
7. Flanagan
8. Hethrington
9. Cheese
10. Thompson
11. Jacko
12. Rfm
13. Elliot
14. Jmk
15 . Renouf
16. Doorey
That would be nice!
The Storm would more than likely want a player for B. Smith too. Grant's the one with the clause where if C. Smith plays on he can leave for nothing. We'd be a good chance of making the eight if we were able to assemble that team imo.

hotdogs

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I think he would be the perfect foil for Burton.

He is miles better than anything we have & as he is young he will only get better - worth a shot!!!

How good would it feel to have an 80% + goal kicker again???
[/QU
would be good but be even nicer to score some points for the first time in 5 years lol

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yes please.. he is an improvement on the duds we currently have.. plus a great goal kicker

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
Exactly. Gotta make them work for contracts. So bring this fella in I say.

Would there be much competition out there for him? Would he go back to the Sharks?
Na the sharks have trindell and Connor coming through. Competition would be from Tigers and Broncos.

Suave

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Plenty of upside with this kid and is a genuine goal kicker too. Barrett will get the best out of him.

Hoping it happens, if it does it’s more than likely because Roosters are eying someone like Cameron Munster to partner Keary in the next 1-2 years.

youoboys

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Bulldogs fan here: and then we re- sign Dutchy .....

tyl0r

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dont get the harsh calls on here. Bloke has played his first full year in first grade, was leading scorer before he got dropped. Kicks them as straight as an arrow. Actually won them games, not like wakeham or lewis. Look at Cleary once he got more games under his belt, coached by Barret...

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Fcuk would rather Burton ten times over.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I’d take Flanno
He’s a genuine 7, has good vision and good general kicking game (added bonus goal kicks)

I’d back Baz to get him firing like he’s doing with the Panthers halves (Burton included)

Roosters have Lam and young Walker so they are sorted

Lewis will never be the answer and Wakeham has unfortunately been underwhelming

Jake probably best suited to 1

The Faz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
This year was Flanagan's first proper year in the NRL (I think he has around 30 games all up). I think the experience and development he's gotten at the Roosters this year will be massive for him depending on how much his confidence is shot. He was never going to be able to replace Cooper Cronk in one year. Saying that I do think he was a liability in the finals for the Roosters (he wasn't the only one, Lussick and JWH come to mind too). If we were to sign him we'd have to be patient with him for another one to two years. I did want us to sign him before he signed with the Roosters last year. I'd still prefer Burton but Flanagan might be the better option, I just have a very good feeling about Burton.
Flanagan in 21 and Burton in 22. Halves sorted for a decade. Simple.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Flanagan in 21 and Burton in 22. Halves sorted for a decade. Simple.
Very true. Would be extremely smart of the club to sign up both of them immediately. Time will tell though but having Baz and his team in place already should provide that trust in the direction we're going in.

Also, neither of them should cost mega bucks I'd imagine. Would you bring in Marshall this year to help Flano a bit?

Ripley

Kennel Established
Reaction score
To those saying “Nah”, who are you waiting for? There was a post earlier about “not an experienced half”, well again WHO are you waiting for. As it is the era of champion halves, “experienced” champion halves, is all but over in NRL ‘20/‘21. I’d say the only ones falling into... maybe... that category are Reynolds, C Walker, Cleary and Keary. If you want to argue that they’re not or there’s more, fine, tell us the names you are waiting for.

If this bloke becomes available, then the options are him and none.

I’ll take the former and back Barrett.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
If ave is at 6 we definitely need that solid game manager type 7 my only concern is alot of talk about kyle being a speedhump I haven’t watched much of him,anyone on here that has?