Opinion Fittler as coach?

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
They may be mates but I still feel Gus is a micro manager and Flano isn't one that would put up with that.
Wasn't a problem at the Chooks. For sure they have both matured since then, but still.

Always a Bulldog

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The longer it drags on the more it seems Fittler will be named. If we were going for Flanagan, would make sense to have him start here ASAP. Gus has signed who he wants. 100% he has. Just a matter of announcing it. And it seems like with all the silence, Fittler will be named our new coach after Origin.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Grez after this post, you'd think Flanno would be signed sealed and delivered as our head coach.

Question is..... why not already?

Im not against Flanno Snr. I just think Gus knows Jnr is not going to cut it and he isn't willing to risk his reputation on finding out by signing on Snr right now.

I think Gus plans to find a suitor for Jnr to move to, and then possibly sign Snr.

It's just one of the ideas floating in my head
IMO his son is the red flag/reason why it's not a done deal.

PS rumour is both Gus and Flanno think ESL is the best move for him.

Gene Krupa

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Give yourself an uppercut. Slandering our players is disgusting. Grow up. Flanno has the runs on the board. He will get us fit and aggressive in D, and completely revamp our attack, just as he with the Sharks.
Good times would return with Flanno steering the goodship Bulldogs.
No other coach comes close. At the height of Cronullas prowess, Flanno was as good as Robinson and Bellamy. It's Flanno first daylight second. Why go with the rest when you can pick the best?
Bring him in for a chat on Friday please Gus. Forget Fittler, he's about to lose the SOO series, then nobody in their right mind would think he's up to NRL standard week in week out as a Coach.
What are you going on about you fuckin Wally? I was replying to @Cappuccino post were he suggested Holbrook or Brown..

What players am I slandering? Give yourself a head butt or 3 numbnutts.

Seriously, WTF are you waffling about?
This is why I love this place. Things get tough & we all grow closer. lol

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Not even the perennial losers like tigers, knights and dragons.
Agree. His NRL career is definitely over. Perhaps he can play out in the bush as I honestly don't know what Super League team would sign him up.

Been given so many chances. Just not up to standard

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The longer it drags on the more it seems Fittler will be named. If we were going for Flanagan, would make sense to have him start here ASAP. Gus has signed who he wants. 100% he has. Just a matter of announcing it. And it seems like with all the silence, Fittler will be named our new coach after Origin.
As soon as we know what direction the Tigers and Warriors go, it will become clearer who our man is.

If the Tigs go with Ciraldo, Woolf or Morris, I think Flanno is Dogs bound. If Flanno lands at Tigers, Fittler will be in Dogs colours. Madge is a dark horse, but I think he’s a great fit at Warriors.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
As soon as we know what direction the Tigers and Warriors go, it will become clearer who our man is.

If the Tigs go with Ciraldo, Woolf or Morris, I think Flanno is Dogs bound. If Flanno lands at Tigers, Fittler will be in Dogs colours. Madge is a dark horse, but I think he’s a great fit at Warriors.
warriors came out and said no to Madge

Bigkev05

Waterboy
Reaction score
Agree. His NRL career is definitely over. Perhaps he can play out in the bush as I honestly don't know what Super League team would sign him up.

Been given so many chances. Just not up to standard
No team out here wants him either

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The rumour mill is in full swing as to who will be our next coach and I've heard everyone from Flanagan, Ciraldo and Green to Fitler, Ricky Stuart, Madge, Kristian Woolf and the Janitor at Accor.

The latest rumour I've read is that they've already decided who it will be but won't announce it until we're closer to the end of the season.

Feel they're going to give Potter every chance to prove himself in the back half of this season before they commit but if the rumour mill is correct and they have already decided on a long term coach then I believe from what I've read and hearing that coach is Brad Fitler.

Philistine

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I don’t want to see Brad Fittler anywhere near the dogs. He fails at the most fundamental level – he cannot watch a game of football and identify which players have played well and which players haven’t.

In almost all team sports, and particularly in rugby league, players tend to look better than they really are in winning teams and poorer than they really are in losing teams. Casual spectators are easily misled by this but surely we have a right to expect more from first grade coaches. Fittler has a history of dropping players from origin when their club sides hit a sticky patch, even though those players may be playing out of their skins in beaten teams. David Klemmer never turned in a bad game for the blues but was unceremoniously dumped as soon as Newcastle began misfiring. Josh Jackson was dropped immediately after being voted player of the series because the bulldogs were struggling. I heard on the grapevine that Klemmer had a major dummy spit when he was dumped (not totally without justification) and his card has been marked “never to be picked again”, which, if true, is another reason for not letting Fittler anywhere near our club.

This time around it is JAC and Jake Trbojevik, who have both been replaced by lesser players. The replacements might develop into superstars in the future but they are lesser players right now!

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Yeah he will suit warriors