First signing for 2024 will be ?

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Imo Crichton gets 700k at Panther and Latrell not going to leave Rabbit for an extra 100k. ~850k for Crichton (could push it down to 800k) and ~1.3m for Latrell imo. I don't think Latrell is realistic. There is a big gap between the 2 money wise tho.
I know your a fan I am too with a little trepidation(geez 7/750 would be better tho)as Piggy said trust in Gus and the new coach who has spent many years with the guy watching him develop.
Assume the carrot to leave is fb do you think??

stevesonthebay

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
some possible options for fullback and half off contract 2024

Fullbacks: Tolutau Koula, Dylan Edwards, Cody Ramsey, Tyrell Sloan, Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow.

Halfback: Talatau Amone, Jamal Fogarty, Tanah Boyd, Toby Sexton,

As you can see theres not a lot of options specially in the halves and it may be that Burtons decision which is also for 2024 may rest of his halves paterner. Maybe a player outside the NRL like Hastings may fill the spot even for next year. I think Carney put his hand up lol.

Personally I think Fogarty is worth a shot. I think hes got some experience and track record. Love to see the hammer and fox together. But I think any of those fullbacks would do well. Dylan is the obvious stand out but at what cost.

Toby Sexton

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Jonah Pezet resigned with the Storm. He’s off the market now as i saw some people wanted to get him.

Roger the alien

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wont happen but What I'm hoping for
George Williams 2023
Morgan Smithies 2023
Victor Radley 2024
Spencer Leniu 2024
Bronson Xerri 2024

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
some possible options for fullback and half off contract 2024

Fullbacks: Tolutau Koula, Dylan Edwards, Cody Ramsey, Tyrell Sloan, Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow.

Halfback: Talatau Amone, Jamal Fogarty, Tanah Boyd, Toby Sexton,

As you can see theres not a lot of options specially in the halves and it may be that Burtons decision which is also for 2024 may rest of his halves paterner. Maybe a player outside the NRL like Hastings may fill the spot even for next year. I think Carney put his hand up lol.

Personally I think Fogarty is worth a shot. I think hes got some experience and track record. Love to see the hammer and fox together. But I think any of those fullbacks would do well. Dylan is the obvious stand out but at what cost.

Toby Sexton
Even more reason why we need to sign a decent 7 for 2024 NOW ! - one of George Williams or Mitchell Moses or at the very least Jackson Hastings. Hastings could be possible for 2023 if the Tigers want to free up cap for others. They're making a big play for Moses also so obviously don't see Hastings as their future 7

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Why the hell do people want Radley? He would barely play a game for us between his concussions and suspensions. He isn't getting away with even a quarter of the shit he gets away with at the Roosters.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Why the hell do people want Radley? He would barely play a game for us between his concussions and suspensions. He isn't getting away with even a quarter of the shit he gets away with at the Roosters.
Ball playing 13 with excellent vision. Would link well with Mahoney and alleviate the limitations our currents halves have when it comes to passing.

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Even more reason why we need to sign a decent 7 for 2024 NOW ! - one of George Williams or Mitchell Moses or at the very least Jackson Hastings. Hastings could be possible for 2023 if the Tigers want to free up cap for others. They're making a big play for Moses also so obviously don't see Hastings as their future 7
The lack of quality NRL halves is a real concern...how the fuk can the NRL continue to add new teams in the comp when there is a lack of quality halves....this is precisely why teams like the storm, roosters and panthers will alwawys be at the top of the tree...how is the salary cap meant to spread quality of players yet there are not enough quality players...what a joke!

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I now think we'll sign Hastings for 2023 with Jacko's money. Most important piece of the puzzle and needed ASAP for Burton's development also. Then for 2024 we'll probably go for Crichton and Leniu. If Hastings only costs around 600K as you would think then it wouldn't surprise me if Gus goes hard for Latrell Mitchell as our 1 and uses JAC to try to persuade him

1 Latrell Mitchell
6 Matt Burton
7 Jackson Hastings
9 Reed Mahoney

Another possibility would be to sign a decent fullback like Will Kennedy then go all in for Mitchell Moses or George Williams

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I now think we'll sign Hastings for 2023 with Jacko's money. Most important piece of the puzzle and needed ASAP for Burton's development also. Then for 2024 we'll probably go for Crichton and Leniu. If Hastings only costs around 600K as you would think then it wouldn't surprise me if Gus goes hard for Latrell Mitchell as our 1 and uses JAC to try to persuade him

1 Latrell Mitchell
6 Matt Burton
7 Jackson Hastings
9 Reed Mahoney

Another possibility would be to sign a decent fullback like Will Kennedy then go all in for Mitchell Moses or George Williams
Will Kennedy is hot trash. Why does everyone want to sign him? He is incredibly mid. His defense in the finals was so poor it essentially was the reason why Sharks went out in straight sets. Also we will never get Latrell.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Not to mention he's overrated when he does play. Throws sloppy passes as a link man, is an ordinary defender and isn't as impactful with the ball as he was a few years ago. I've always agreed with you on this one that Radley isn't the player he's made out to be.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
People just think Moses is gonna sign with us so comfortably lol. I’m saying its either he stays or Tigers.

kmr07

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Will Kennedy is hot trash. Why does everyone want to sign him? He is incredibly mid. His defense in the finals was so poor it essentially was the reason why Sharks went out in straight sets. Also we will never get Latrell.
Disagree. I think Will Kennedy is already a good fullback with lots more improvement in him. He wouldn’t break the bank either. He has speed, can ball play and has come through the grades as a fullback so has good experience in the role

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score

1 Latrell Mitchell
6 Matt Burton
7 Jackson Hastings
9 Reed Mahoney

I’d be real happy with this.

We need an elite and a quality player in the 1, 7.

Be that latrell with Williams or Hastings

or Moses with a Crichton or Kennedy

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’d be real happy with this.

We need an elite and a quality player in the 1, 7.

Be that latrell with Williams or Hastings

or Moses with a Crichton or Kennedy
Hastings really? I'm not a masochist so I don't watch Tigers games so I don't know what his form is like but everytime I see Hasting he seems to be hobbling. We've already had our fair share of broken spine players.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Hastings really? I'm not a masochist so I don't watch Tigers games so I don't know what his form is like but everytime I see Hasting he seems to be hobbling. We've already had our fair share of broken spine players.
Hasting taking and playing the field doing handstands is better than flopagun.