First signing for 2024 will be ?

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I now think we'll sign Hastings for 2023 with Jacko's money. Most important piece of the puzzle and needed ASAP for Burton's development also. Then for 2024 we'll probably go for Crichton and Leniu. If Hastings only costs around 600K as you would think then it wouldn't surprise me if Gus goes hard for Latrell Mitchell as our 1 and uses JAC to try to persuade him

1 Latrell Mitchell
6 Matt Burton
7 Jackson Hastings
9 Reed Mahoney

Another possibility would be to sign a decent fullback like Will Kennedy then go all in for Mitchell Moses or George Williams
hasting is coming of a major operation and he missing what the first 10 games or more?

Dogs79

Kennel Established
Reaction score
hasting is coming of a major operation and he missing what the first 10 games or more?
I recently read an older article dated 24 August, stating he would be sidelined until end of November. Missing the World Cup, but ready for the new year pre season. Not sure if the injury ended up worse than that mentioned in this article and extending his stint on the sidelines.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Ball playing 13 with excellent vision. Would link well with Mahoney and alleviate the limitations our currents halves have when it comes to passing.
He's extremely overrated imo.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
He's extremely overrated imo.
Last few seasons I agree with you... But that's because he hasn't been able to stay on the field, luck and discipline being a factor

dogbone

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I now think we'll sign Hastings for 2023 with Jacko's money. Most important piece of the puzzle and needed ASAP for Burton's development also. Then for 2024 we'll probably go for Crichton and Leniu. If Hastings only costs around 600K as you would think then it wouldn't surprise me if Gus goes hard for Latrell Mitchell as our 1 and uses JAC to try to persuade him

1 Latrell Mitchell
6 Matt Burton
7 Jackson Hastings
9 Reed Mahoney

Another possibility would be to sign a decent fullback like Will Kennedy then go all in for Mitchell Moses or George Williams
I don't understand why anyone would want Hastings. He is rubbish. If he played for the Dogs you'd have him on the first train out of Belmore.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't understand why anyone would want Hastings. He is rubbish. If he played for the Dogs you'd have him on the first train out of Belmore.
I didn't really watch him play but I've read he was the Tigers best player this year

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Swear Bateman and Hastings are beefing lol

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Is Brooks still speculated to go to the Knights?
Well idk about Hastings i also didn't watch him much but I think he is decent i.e levels above Flan..is he busted after that serious injury though? Usually like me team's 7 to have some pace bruh...

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Why? Good if we can get him here for 23. [emoji23]
Wrong. Tigers the dumb ***** are not gonna release brooks and instead are gonna release Hastings and we will get the broken turtle ffs along with fuckboy Crighton. Worst off season ever imho.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
If yous want to use the ‘he is better than Flanagan’ well ofc he is. Every fucking half in the nrl is better than Flanagan. He is the worst half and one of the worst players in the comp. Shit signing if true, do not like this at all. Has us written all over it ffs.