First signing for 2024 will be ?

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
If yous want to use the ‘he is better than Flanagan’ well ofc he is. Every fucking half in the nrl is better than Flanagan. He is the worst half and one of the worst players in the comp. Shit signing if true, do not like this at all. Has us written all over it ffs.
Lol funny enough I thought it we can’t get latrell or Mitch moses (a truly elite player) now munster is off the market I don’t think any are available. Even Ben hunt might of made that list although age issue all off market. I can’t see us getting latrell or moses personally.

I’d be happy if we landed Hastings (for 23) and Crichton cause the change from them should see another big name maybe David fifita.

Saw he’s down to around 750k and tigers titans dragons and raiders keen.

I know he was average this year but blokes a freak and a kid at the titans.

I also personally think Hastings could be a solid partner for burton and with Mahoney in the spine that would be solid.

If Crichton failed at 1 he would be a lock at centre though I’m more concerned about him than I am Hastings at 7 if that happens.

Ideally Mitchell or Moses are landed as I think individually they provide more what we need though both will command 1mil+.

Hastings and Crichton probably closer to 1.25 so with the other roster player with either latrell or moses wouldn’t be a big diff price wise.

Interesting to think would you get better value.

Say moses, Kennedy, min/200k forward.
Latrell, Sullivan, leinu.
Hastings, Crichton, fifita.

Reckon ideally I’d get latrell, Hastings and fifita if we could which with the likes of Thompson etc off the books wjth Jacko and the flops like Allen Waddell flano eating such a bad amount of cap.[emoji23]

Nice to dream anyway.

underdogsontop2246

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lol funny enough I thought it we can’t get latrell or Mitch moses (a truly elite player) now munster is off the market I don’t think any are available. Even Ben hunt might of made that list although age issue all off market. I can’t see us getting latrell or moses personally.

I’d be happy if we landed Hastings (for 23) and Crichton cause the change from them should see another big name maybe David fifita.

Saw he’s down to around 750k and tigers titans dragons and raiders keen.

I know he was average this year but blokes a freak and a kid at the titans.

I also personally think Hastings could be a solid partner for burton and with Mahoney in the spine that would be solid.

If Crichton failed at 1 he would be a lock at centre though I’m more concerned about him than I am Hastings at 7 if that happens.

Ideally Mitchell or Moses are landed as I think individually they provide more what we need though both will command 1mil+.

Hastings and Crichton probably closer to 1.25 so with the other roster player with either latrell or moses wouldn’t be a big diff price wise.

Interesting to think would you get better value.

Say moses, Kennedy, min/200k forward.
Latrell, Sullivan, leinu.
Hastings, Crichton, fifita.

Reckon ideally I’d get latrell, Hastings and fifita if we could which with the likes of Thompson etc off the books wjth Jacko and the flops like Allen Waddell flano eating such a bad amount of cap.[emoji23]

Nice to dream anyway.
Fifita is a beast. He has no support or proper spine players to set him up.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
The West Tigers Podcast (judging from their replies) have got the news from a source that makes it almost 100% correct, they are saying it’s definitely happening so Hastings is officially on the market for us if we want…

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Fifita is a beast. He has no support or proper spine players to set him up.
I agree. I’d love to see him signed if we miss Mitch moses and latrell.

Him and kikau on edges with tpj up the guts with king and Mahoney at 9.

Though no doubt we need a 7 and 1 as priority.

underdogsontop2246

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree. I’d love to see him signed if we miss Mitch moses and latrell.

Him and kikau on edges with tpj up the guts with king and Mahoney at 9.

Though no doubt we need a 7 and 1 as priority.
8. David Klemmer
Reed Mahoney
10. Martin Taupau
Villiame Kikau
12. David Fifita
Tevita Pangai Junior

What a pack. :|:|:|:|:fearful::fearful:

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
8. David Klemmer
Reed Mahoney
10. Martin Taupau
Villiame Kikau
12. David Fifita
Tevita Pangai Junior

What a pack.
Klemmer would need to say all the right things after his shit.

Taupau is done mate.

There is no way max king isn’t starting and rightfully so.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
The West Tigers Podcast (judging from their replies) have got the news from a source that makes it almost 100% correct, they are saying it’s definitely happening so Hastings is officially on the market for us if we want…
As in for 23 or?

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Highly doubt we're spending 800 grand on another "marquee" second rower.
What's the cooling off period 10 days? So announcements from 11 Nov..let's go!

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He'd be a good buy if available but can't see a world where Titan doesn't play him fullback and he's on contract for a while pretty sure.
Which begs the question where will Brimson play? He was good from around the middle to the end of last season.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
There’s no more cooling off period
That's what I knew too but thought it was mentioned somewhere recently maybe in a thread here for contracts now so I think it may be back on the table(not sure though and a quick google search was not definitive).

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Crighton is at the World Cup and along with Burton. No signatures would be made until they get back.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Also on Hastings, he signed with the Tigers under Adam Hartigan at General Manager. Sheens joined in Nov 2021, Hastings signed April 2021 under GM Hartigan.

Mackdoggies

Kennel Established
Reaction score
That's what I knew too but thought it was mentioned somewhere recently maybe in a thread here for contracts now so I think it may be back on the table(not sure though and a quick google search was not definitive).
It’s not.

There is no cooling off period and never will be again. Once the contract is signed it is submitted for registration. Once it’s registered it’s final. Unless they get struck down with home sickness or their dog dies or the temperature is 1 degree different to the brochure….other than any minor inconvenience the contract is rock solid from signature….

Harry Oz

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I enjoy watching Fifita. He can definitely have an impact on games and brings in the fans. But having watched him a little I wonder whether he delivers value for the sort of money he must be after. Isn't a world-class prop more a priority?