Opinion Fill in the blanks for 2023

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
One player that fills a massive blank is Ryan Matterson, should be our top target right now. Lock or right edge back row, huge upgrade.

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
1. Toia
2. Jac
3. Alamoti
4. Naden
5. Kiraz
6. Burton
7. Flanagan
8. Thompson
9. Mahoney
10. King
11. Kikau
12. Jackson
13. Tpj

14. Bbo
15. Hetherington
16. Sutton
17. Topine

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
1. Toia
2. Jac
3. Alamoti
4. Naden
5. Kiraz
6. Burton
7. Flanagan
8. Thompson
9. Mahoney
10. King
11. Kikau
12. Jackson
13. Tpj

14. Bbo
15. Hetherington
16. Sutton
17. Topine
Mahoney 80 minute hooker so not sure we can carry BBO on the bench, also Topine can fill there if needed (e.g. injury or up by a lot)

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Mahoney 80 minute hooker so not sure we can carry BBO on the bench, also Topine can fill there if needed (e.g. injury or up by a lot)
Yeah that’s true. Didn’t know who else to include

Typical dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Get rid of Burns, Waddell and Jackson from the starting line up. Burns can play cup, he's near Okonbur level. Waddell a maybe bench and Jackson might need to hang up the boots.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
in your opinion
In mine too..imo this is like your Topine/Murray comparison Bradley except there is not as big a gap in ability.Unfortunate that he got an injury Jack so hadn't proved his edge worth yet but i'm with Steve we don't wanna pay big money for the concussion suspect Parramatta pansy, Hethro will be here in 23 yeh boi!
Already have 3 high priced forwards and plenty are agitating to fuck one off(which i don't agree with)and Jacko is close to a liability although not on big bucks..why buy another pricey guy who could be diamonds but just as likely rocks.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
In mine too..imo this is like your Topine/Murray comparison Bradley except there is not as big a gap in ability.Unfortunate that he got an injury Jack so hadn't proved his edge worth yet but i'm with Steve we don't wanna pay big money for the concussion suspect Parramatta pansy, Hethro will be here in 23 yeh boi!
Already have 3 high priced forwards and plenty are agitating to fuck one off(which i don't agree with)and Jacko is close to a liability although not on big bucks..why buy another pricey guy who could be diamonds but just as likely rocks.
obviously a big gap in ability between Topine and Murray, never said otherwise (go back to Murray's debut season and you could say the same thing in regards to him and other players), I'm just telling people why he isn't too small to play NRL. I think saying Hetherington is better than Matterson is one of the worst takes I've read in a while and I had to refrain myself from having a silly episode after reading. I don't want to pay big money for another second rower either, I posted that earlier in this thread. Hetherington has a MO in his favour so depending on the details he isn't guaranteed to be here next year, but I do know Gus loves him.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
To double down on my post from earlier in thread, CNK has been relegated to #14. Make enquiries now, would even be a gun centre compared to what we have

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
To double down on my post from earlier in thread, CNK has been relegated to #14. Make enquiries now, would even be a gun centre compared to what we have
a good Dufty replacement if we can't get a marquee (which we most likely can't).

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
a good Dufty replacement if we can't get a marquee (which we most likely can't).
Agree, if they are willing to drop him and he's only on 330k I can't imagine Canberra would want to upgrade him. Surely it wouldn't be the most difficult of tasks to try and convince him to change clubs for around 450 max.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Why are people resigning doorey and topine? Both havent done stuff all for us. Topine can’t even make the cup side for two straight weeks, just a wasted top 30 spot and doorey is so average. Need to start getting rid of the deadwood not keep it.

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ryan Sutton from Canberra will take up one bench spot.

We need another prop, do they re-sign Vaughan or do they take a stab at someone like Ryan James who is off contract and 30 years old...The question would be who would be better value for money between Vaughan & James

Justin Olam is off contract, and is the type of centre we really need. Olam/JAC reunited at the Dogs

Do you give Dufty a year or two extension? Depends if we have a good prospect in the lower grades who will need a couple of years
Olam is good but would rather the broncos centre off contract fir next year