Opinion Fill in the blanks for 2023

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
TBH bro, I though Averillo was quite impressive when he was playing for the Kangaroos PM team. He did a lot right and looked good in attack. I've probably been his biggest critic BUT playing in that Aus team he looked good at FB. I'm hoping he has a massive off season and owns 2023.
shows what he can do in a decent team albeit playing against a Q cup side

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Honestly only Yeo, Murray and probably Radley are the only genuine ballplaying locks imo, the rest are just ball distributers and quite a few forwards are capable of playing this role in the NRL especially with some nice short balls between forwards.
i’d throw wade graham in there too when he plays

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
this is what i’d go with personally, i don’t think ciraldo shares my ideas though

1. Averillo
2. Perham
3. Kiraz
4. Skelton
5. Addo Carr
6. Burton
7. Flannnagan (sigh)
8. King
9. Mahoney
10. TPJ
11. Kikau
12. RFM
13. Jackson (sigh)

14. Topine
15. Thompson
16. Sutton
17. Davey

18. Schoupp

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
At season's end I thought he was injured, also I am probably hoping he would make it since I was very disappointed with all our centres.
I asked Gould about Skelton being injured - he didnt answer. Skelton started well but seemed to lose interest in the last few games - in a game at Belmore he switched sides of the field and was given a lot of "encouragement" from the sidelines about getting involved.

In the last game against Newtown he was either injured early second half or hooked - initially the club said back injury - was subsequently on the bench for a game but didnt get on the field

Not saying he wasnt injured but if i was to gamble some $$ on it id put it on him being dropped.

kmr07

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
this is what i’d go with personally, i don’t think ciraldo shares my ideas though

1. Averillo
2. Perham
3. Kiraz
4. Skelton
5. Addo Carr
6. Burton
7. Flannnagan (sigh)
8. King
9. Mahoney
10. TPJ
11. Kikau
12. RFM
13. Jackson (sigh)

14. Topine
15. Thompson
16. Sutton
17. Davey

18. Schoupp
Can this Perham even play? I have my doubts especially when he is being kept out of first grade by the butter finger Waqa Blake

Geoff Chambers

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Fuck that's a depressing roster. Still have one more year of pain to go
If we go into next year with Flanno as starting 7, we may as well give up any hope of playing finals
It’s not to bad, it’ll be allot worse if somehow JR manages to bluff his way into the team. That would be laughable

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
1) Averillo.
2) JAC.
3) Schoup.
4) Kiraz.
5) Perham.
6) Burton.
7) Flanagan.
8) King.
9) Mahoney.
10) Sutton.
11) Kikau.
12) Thompson.
13) TPJ
14) RFM.
15) Pele.
16) Patolo.
17) Davey.

Emergencies.
Jackson
Waddell
Topine
Edwards.
Burns.
Rajab.

ElMagicElMasri

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Kiraz left centre isn’t a bad idea tbh more I think about it

Need someone out there that has good positioning and great hands. He’ll be a big enough body to support JAC in defence and has the threat of breaking the line himself too. Could go all in for our LHS and make Avo play predominantly on the right to create/run there

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Kiraz left centre isn’t a bad idea tbh more I think about it

Need someone out there that has good positioning and great hands. He’ll be a big enough body to support JAC in defence and has the threat of breaking the line himself too. Could go all in for our LHS and make Avo play predominantly on the right to create/run there
Kiraz is miles better @ centre than he is on the wing and it's unfortunate he had to move to the wing once we lost Allan. I'm unsure how he would go at left centre though as I've only ever seen him on the right.

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I asked Gould about Skelton being injured - he didnt answer. Skelton started well but seemed to lose interest in the last few games - in a game at Belmore he switched sides of the field and was given a lot of "encouragement" from the sidelines about getting involved.

In the last game against Newtown he was either injured early second half or hooked - initially the club said back injury - was subsequently on the bench for a game but didnt get on the field

Not saying he wasnt injured but if i was to gamble some $$ on it id put it on him being dropped.
You might be right, in any case the jigsaw puzzle pieces should and must fall in their rightful places.

dekepefc

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Whoever plays left centre will just be running decoys, hitting gaps kikau creates or doing tap on plays to JAC.. really just need one who has a pass and can make good decisions in attack, but also who JAC can rely on in defence.. some may laugh but maybe Allan has the skill set for that role.. not so sure... but I'd keep kiraz on the right side, whether at centre or on wing (prefer centre).

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
  1. Averillo
  2. JAC
  3. Alamoti
  4. Kiraz
  5. Allen
  6. Burton
  7. Flanagan
  8. King
  9. Mahoney