Fear and Loathing at Belmore - From the Couch: Round 15,2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
More than half of those aren't regular first graders at our club. What's your point?
You conveniently forgot to mention Klemmer, Jackson, Morris, Morris, Mbye, Woods, RFM, and Hopoate.
My point??.....LOL...as in we have a shit squad, sorry I thought I was discussing the article header on this thread.
I must have clicked the wrong button and taken me to the english premier league page, sorry for the confusion, oh hang on......I am on the right site.

Oh yeh you got me, I tried to hide them from the list I produced to see if I can fool anyone.....oh hang on, those players(the whole 8 of them from a 30 man squad) would walk straight into any other FG side so why would I include them in my list?

P.S maybe not Hoppa, wouldn't make it with any of the top sides. The game has past him.

But if you want to split hairs i'll remove about the three or four of the players on the list I named to make you feel better

Last edited:

froggy

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
My point??.....LOL...as in we have a shit squad, sorry I thought I was discussing the article header on this thread.
I must have clicked the wrong button and taken me to the english premier league page, sorry for the confusion, oh hang on......I am on the right site.

Oh yeh you got me, I tried to hide them from the list I produced to see if I can fool anyone.....oh hang on, those players(the whole 8 of them from a 30 man squad) would walk straight into any other FG side so why would I include them in my list?

P.S maybe not Hoppa, wouldn't make it with any of the top sides. The game has past him.

But if you want to split hairs i'll remove about the three or four of the players on the list I named to make you feel better
Outside the top ten of all teams there are players that people disagree with. My point is that we didn't have the worst squad in the NRL at the start of the season. You might be able to make a case that this team is now the worst squad but why such a drop from last year to this year. The coach has to take some if not all of the blame for players regressing under him.

The problem with not questioning Pay now is that he will think he is doing a good job and nothing will change. Sure, he will bring in some new players but shuffling deck chairs on the Titanic was pointless too.

old school dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I agree mate, that's why I have only been to 1 game in three years, and I only went to that one game because a consultant that I had done a project with invited me to it, I couldn't say no from a business perspective.
And the last time I bought season tickets was in 2014.
I went to a few games in 2015 and I can honestly say it was the first time in 40 years supporting this club that I wanted the time to hurry up so I can leave.
It is just so painful and punishing watching them play, it hurts my senses, it hurts my vision.
Why would I want to put myself through that on a cold winters night.

Long gone are the days, where we used to rock up to a Friday night game full of confidence that we'd win and play a top side and beat them.
We'd go back to the club, eat chinese at dynasty, grab a few beers at the sports bar and watch the reply, stay at the club to early hours of the morning, go to bed happy and wake up the next day getting a coffee and the newspaper reading about the win.

Man I miss those nights!

Dib, Des and Castle....GO GET STUFFED!!!!!

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Outside the top ten of all teams there are players that people disagree with. My point is that we didn't have the worst squad in the NRL at the start of the season. You might be able to make a case that this team is now the worst squad but why such a drop from last year to this year. The coach has to take some if not all of the blame for players regressing under him.

The problem with not questioning Pay now is that he will think he is doing a good job and nothing will change. Sure, he will bring in some new players but shuffling deck chairs on the Titanic was pointless too.
Let's be honest here, no bullshit.
The team has been going downhill since the end of 2014.
Lichaa was definately a downgrade on Ennis, even releasing Finucane hurt us, thats why we got players like Elliot, seriously who would you rather Finucane or Elliot? What about Thompson not getting offered a new contract?

End of 2015, we lost Hodkinson, not the most gifted player, BUT did provide us with structure and direction, plus our tries were worth 6 points most times becasue of his goal kicking, remembering we did win alot of close games because of his boot and winnng even by a small margin brings confidence. Let's not mention swapping Lafai for Hoppa and releasing Cook, we won't go there.

A year later, Rona gone to rugby, replaced by who Holland/Montoya, massive downgrade that one.

As much as I hate to say it, but in hindsight, love him or hate him, Reynolds sparked alot of our tries. I wanted someone better than him, someone that is not so much rocks and diamonds, Foran looked like the answer but in all seriousness Foran in hindsight was a downgrade on Reynolds. And I'm being honest here. That's one reason for our regression.

Second reason Graham and Kas for Woods. Sure he was getting older and we needed a change, but he talked so much on the field, Grahams presence alone was enough to stay in the fight. Sorry but Jackson isn't a captain.

Third reason, what's the difference between Hoppa and Brenko Lee. They both have shit defence but Brenko provideds shitloads more than Hoppa in attack. I think Brenko led our stats for try assists/creating tries.

Look how the ship was sinking way before Pay arrived.

Yeh sure I'm with ya, Pay is probably not the best coach out there and needs to learn a few things and must shoulder some of the blame, he is a rookie after all, but some people just come out and say stupid things like sack Pay, and Pay is the reason blah blah blah without actually taking all other things into consideration. Let's not forget how long it took Folkes and Anderson to make us competitive after we had similiar re-builds. Sacking the coach NOW will only hold things up more and more, how stable would the club look, we are already an unattractive club for players to come to, but let's sack the coach, let's have three different coaches in 6 months.

We need stability, we got other more important issues, we need to build a strong team....then if he still can't deliver then just don't re-sign him. I don't want our club to start getting a reputation for sacking coaches and players. That's not Canterbury, people used to que up to play and coach at such a professional club.

froggy

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Let's be honest here, no bullshit.
The team has been going downhill since the end of 2014.
Lichaa was definately a downgrade on Ennis, even releasing Finucane hurt us, thats why we got players like Elliot, seriously who would you rather Finucane or Elliot? What about Thompson not getting offered a new contract?

End of 2015, we lost Hodkinson, not the most gifted player, BUT did provide us with structure and direction, plus our tries were worth 6 points most times becasue of his goal kicking, remembering we did win alot of close games because of his boot and winnng even by a small margin brings confidence. Let's not mention swapping Lafai for Hoppa and releasing Cook, we won't go there.

A year later, Rona gone to rugby, replaced by who Holland/Montoya, massive downgrade that one.

As much as I hate to say it, but in hindsight, love him or hate him, Reynolds sparked alot of our tries. I wanted someone better than him, someone that is not so much rocks and diamonds, Foran looked like the answer but in all seriousness Foran in hindsight was a downgrade on Reynolds. And I'm being honest here. That's one reason for our regression.

Second reason Graham and Kas for Woods. Sure he was getting older and we needed a change, but he talked so much on the field, Grahams presence alone was enough to stay in the fight. Sorry but Jackson isn't a captain.

Third reason, what's the difference between Hoppa and Brenko Lee. They both have shit defence but Brenko provideds shitloads more than Hoppa in attack. I think Brenko led our stats for try assists/creating tries.

Look how the ship was sinking way before Pay arrived.

Yeh sure I'm with ya, Pay is probably not the best coach out there and needs to learn a few things and must shoulder some of the blame, he is a rookie after all, but some people just come out and say stupid things like sack Pay, and Pay is the reason blah blah blah without actually taking all other things into consideration. Let's not forget how long it took Folkes and Anderson to make us competitive after we had similiar re-builds. Sacking the coach NOW will only hold things up more and more, how stable would the club look, we are already an unattractive club for players to come to, but let's sack the coach, let's have three different coaches in 6 months.

We need stability, we got other more important issues, we need to build a strong team....then if he still can't deliver then just don't re-sign him. I don't want our club to start getting a reputation for sacking coaches and players. That's not Canterbury, people used to que up to play and coach at such a professional club.
Spot on with Pay not being the reason, we were in decline already.

You mentioned Corey Thompson. That is a case in point. I for one didn't care much when we let him go. I thought he was an OK player at best. However under another coach (I'd say a better coach) he has flourished. Who is to say that Foran and Woods and co. wouldn't be better under another coach. This coach has no runs on the board yet we are supposed to trust him with the biggest re-build in our history. We all know who fukked the club. It wasn't Pay. But is Pay the answer? From what I have seen I suggest we find someone more experienced in this situation. He has to learn to be an NRL coach in this environment. Tough gig.

In saying that I am not sure there are any great options out there. Bennett is the only one I can really think would get close to succeeding. At least he could draw players across once we have money to spend. Who is Pay going to attract?

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Ennis is missing the point... Moses WANTED to go... he no longer WANTED to be here.

It wasn't like they forced Mbye out.. his mind was gone months ago, and that shows in his attitude on field.

I stopped paying attention to Ennis ages ago though... he's just as bad as Parker and Gallen imho.

Paulie Gualtieri

Previously Shrimp
Reaction score
Ennis is missing the point... Moses WANTED to go... he no longer WANTED to be here.

It wasn't like they forced Mbye out.. his mind was gone months ago, and that shows in his attitude on field.

I stopped paying attention to Ennis ages ago though... he's just as bad as Parker and Gallen imho.
Wrong, he wanted to stay. Pay said he would move him to centre and he wasn't going to be FB !!!! That's from inside the camp as well. Agree with Parker he is BAD.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

Lol no, Moses was definitely forced out.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I'm not too sure of that... Look at all the bullshit he spewed verbatim to the media about things... he was always coy.

He confirmed it after that game we lost and he was interviewed with Triple M... came across as a complete fuckwit.

Even before that though we've always known Moses talks and talks and talks, but can't deliver on what he speaks about.

If Moses was forced out he'd have begrudgingly go, not be like "I always wanted to play for the Tigers".

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm not too sure of that... Look at all the bullshit he spewed verbatim to the media about things... he was always coy.

He confirmed it after that game we lost and he was interviewed with Triple M... came across as a complete fuckwit.

Even before that though we've always known Moses talks and talks and talks, but can't deliver on what he speaks about.

If Moses was forced out he'd have begrudgingly go, not be like "I always wanted to play for the Tigers".
I wouldn't take anything Mbye says in the media seriously he is the king of the politically correct bullshit interview and says what he thinks people want to hear.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

And again no. Moses always wanted to stay, circumstances made that impossible. Club pushed him out but didn't technically shop him around because that's what his manager is for.

Moses says what he needs to say in the media. Other clubs fans are laughing at us over this, just like they laugh at how we treat Jackson like he's some elite forward.

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Idea.

Can we take Foran out for a night out on the piss - spike one of his drinks with a peptide.

BOOM

Cap problem solved.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Okay so does that mean we are going to be applauding this salary cap parasite the next time we play the TigPieDogs. like we did with Reynolds who as we all know left for the all mighty dollar? Watching the Bulldog faithful applauding opposition players turns my stomach.

Status
Not open for further replies.