News Fans erupt as Canterbury coach Dean Pay drops Corey Harawira-Naera to reserve grade

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Lots of people overdoing it with the Pay hate. I imagine there would be a good reason CHN was dropped, as it wasnt for how he plays. Who knows exactly what went on to cause it, or how far CHN went, or what he did. It may be appropriate for what happened for all we will ever know. I do wonder if he would risk dropping him if we were much better off on the table and any chance of being in the finals this year though.
99% of the time its just the coach being a moron, rarely discipline

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Lots of people overdoing it with the Pay hate. I imagine there would be a good reason CHN was dropped, as it wasnt for how he plays. Who knows exactly what went on to cause it, or how far CHN went, or what he did. It may be appropriate for what happened for all we will ever know. I do wonder if he would risk dropping him if we were much better off on the table and any chance of being in the finals this year though.
If people looked at his missed tackle count they'd see the reason he was demoted. Can't have a second rower missing so many tackles.

upload_2019-6-4_20-11-22.png

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
If people looked at his missed tackle count they'd see the reason he was demoted. Can't have a second rower missing so many tackles.

View attachment 10189
Yeh maybe he is putting all his effort in trying to be an attacking player, and not putting in the yards in defence. We do need his attack, but we also do need him to not miss too many tackles.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

View attachment 10189
Most of his missed tackles are him shooting out of the line trying to put on a hit, not like he's missing them in the line and leaking line breaks. For example Jackson has conceded 7 line breaks while CHN has only conceded 3.

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeh maybe he is putting all his effort in trying to be an attacking player, and not putting in the yards in defence. We do need his attack, but we also do need him to not miss too many tackles.
So the alternative is Adam “I’m hopeless” Elliott who loses the game lol

jasonsmith11

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
holland will be back definitely just like when they had him coming off the bench,they know holland is the only x factor

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
So the alternative is Adam “I’m hopeless” Elliott who loses the game lol
You could just as easily say though that Martin lost us the game by missing a goal. Not saying Elliott is a rep player, but you know.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Most of his missed tackles are him shooting out of the line trying to put on a hit, not like he's missing them in the line and leaking line breaks. For example Jackson has conceded 7 line breaks while CHN has only conceded 3.
I've been saying the same all year. Missed tackles can be a very misleading stat and should be looked at on an individual basis for each player.

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You could just as easily say though that Martin lost us the game by missing a goal. Not saying Elliott is a rep player, but you know.
Martin didn’t stupidly give away a penalty right in front! Elliot is utter trash