News EXCLUSIVE: Darren Lockyer reveals Ben Hunt mail amid gun playmaker's contract wrestle

Bulldog wazza

Kennel Established
Reaction score
If we landed hunt and trying to fit the best players available to accomodate the move you could try

1.Crichton
2.JAC
3.Burton
4.Xerri
5.Kiraz
6.Olapau
7.Hunt

other options are obviously Burton 5/8, Crichton centre etc but that backline looks good if Xerri can get to where he was before ban. Olapau could play 14 obviously as well. I can’t see Burton not playing in the halves but wouldn’t mind seeing him have a go at fullback too
Averillo should be the Right Centre .. he has earned the spot..

This would be an interesting lineup should Hunt come over
A number of players would need to go..
Wads. Okunbor. BBO. Burns. Flanagan. Morrin. Hughes.
Sign a couple journey men like Tepai in the storm and keep Thompson for 350 if he wants to stay in the NRL.

2024 line-up

1. S. Crichton
2. J Addo-Carr
3. J.Kiraz
4. J.Averillo
5. B. Wilson
6 M. Burton
7 B. Hunt
13. P. Alamoti
12. V.Kikau
11. J. Preston
10. T.Pangai-Junior
9. R Mahoney
8. M King
14. F. Brown
15. * T. Moeroa storm off contract
16. F. Pele
17. L.Thompson

Apex Cedar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Averillo should be the Right Centre .. he has earned the spot..

This would be an interesting lineup should Hunt come over
A number of players would need to go..
Wads. Okunbor. BBO. Burns. Flanagan. Morrin. Hughes.
Sign a couple journey men like Tepai in the storm and keep Thompson for 350 if he wants to stay in the NRL.

2024 line-up

1. S. Crichton
2. J Addo-Carr
3. J.Kiraz
4. J.Averillo
5. B. Wilson
6 M. Burton
7 B. Hunt
13. P. Alamoti
12. V.Kikau
11. J. Preston
10. T.Pangai-Junior
9. R Mahoney
8. M King
14. F. Brown
15. * T. Moeroa storm off contract
16. F. Pele
17. L.Thompson
Come on Tepai ? I’ve seen it all now. Edwards will be our 13 for years to come, Alamoti either centre or gone.

OldDogFan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What a lot of you forget is that we could have the best forward/spine combination in the NRLol, but do you think for one second that Slutton and company would ever give us a fair run in the finals (or to even make the 8).

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
What a lot of you forget is that we could have the best forward/spine combination in the NRLol, but do you think for one second that Slutton and company would ever give us a fair run in the finals (or to even make the 8).
I keep saying this all the time. We keep buying players and coaches, and we still get unfairly shafted by the match officials. It's no coincidence that some players who leave us play better in fairly reffed sides.

This is where Ciro and our on field captains come in. They need to start sticking up for us. Throwing the players under the bus isn't going to improve anything at all.

Bulldog wazza

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Come on Tepai ? I’ve seen it all now. Edwards will be our 13 for years to come, Alamoti either centre or gone.
Is there a problem with Tepai?
Alamoti will be a gun forward once his body fills out and Edwards may prove to be that forward but healthy problem to have I'd say. Alomoti could kill it in NSW Cup at 13 and development of teams forward stock is definitely needed.