News EXCLUSIVE: Darren Lockyer reveals Ben Hunt mail amid gun playmaker's contract wrestle

Dog4life77

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I might be wrong but a few little things tells me that some at the club want to realocate the club to QLD, which makes sence because QLD is growing at a faster rate than NSW and our area has 1 of the worst Junior Nuseries in the game.
The CAIRNS BULLDOGS has a nice ring to it I reckon..
Upgrade Barlow Park and get an affiliation with PNG and NORTHERN PRIDE..
Plenty of untapped talent up here.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Our forward pack is one of the worst in the league, it's as big of an issue as our spine right now.
According to you our whole team is shit. Nothing has changed. Easy to ignore most of our team has been missing most of the season.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Perrett, Reynolds, Hodkinson and Ennis has got to be one of the worst spines to make a grand final in the NRL era and was hard carried by the best pack in the comp.
You literally named 3 Origin players & a Kiwi international. Hodkinson & Reynolds won the Origin for the Blues the same year to break the 9 series wins in a row. Try again.

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
You literally named 3 Origin players & a Kiwi international. Hodkinson & Reynolds won the Origin for the Blues the same year to break the 9 series wins in a row. Try again.
Name a worse spine that made a GF

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Name a worse spine that made a GF
Eels in 2009. Jeff Robson, Daniel Mortimer & Michael Keating.

Every single one of our 2014 spine shits on the current spine besides hooker where it's close but Ennis is still better so your argument is irrelevant because it wasn't a shit spine.

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Eels in 2009. Jeff Robson, Daniel Mortimer & Michael Keating.

Every single one of our 2014 spine shits on the current spine besides hooker where it's close but Ennis is still better so your argument is irrelevant because it wasn't a shit spine.
Remind me, who was the fullback for that team?

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Remind me, who was the fullback for that team?
1 good player & literally the 3 worst players ever at 6, 7 & 9 to start a GF.

Your argument is terrible & all over the place. I'm out.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Perrett, Reynolds, Hodkinson and Ennis has got to be one of the worst spines to make a grand final in the NRL era and was hard carried by the best pack in the comp.
You dissing the 2014 origin series winning halves... Might not be elite overall but they were great at their roles that year

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
1 good player & literally the 3 worst players ever at 6, 7 & 9 to start a GF.

Your argument is terrible & all over the place. I'm out.
Bloke, you get so touchy when people don't agree with you, don't make it weird.

If we had the best pack in the comp, which would have to be better then some incredible units, we're making the 8.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Bloke, you get so touchy when people don't agree with you, don't make it weird.

If we had the best pack in the comp, which would have to be better then some incredible units, we're making the 8.
Lol, how am I touchy? Because I don't want to keep having a stupid argument? You're the one who needs to learn to let it go.

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Lol, how am I touchy? Because I don't want to keep having a stupid argument? You're the one who needs to learn to let it go.
This is your MO on every interaction you have on here. As soon as someone disagrees with you, you start resulting to lols, laugh reacts and cheap insults. We are just having an online debate, relax.

If we had Kikau and replaced everyone else to a point we had a better pack than the Eels, Warriors etc we would be 3-4 wins better off be in the 8.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
This is your MO on every interaction you have on here. As soon as someone disagrees with you, you start resulting to lols, laugh reacts and cheap insults. We are just having an online debate, relax.

If we had Kikau and replaced everyone else to a point we had a better pack than the Eels, Warriors etc we would be 3-4 wins better off be in the 8.
I didn’t say anything insulting to you.

Yes I laugh when people say dumb things.

I’m not wasting anymore time with this discussion.

Taylforth

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
According to you our whole team is shit. Nothing has changed. Easy to ignore most of our team has been missing most of the season.
IMO if we have both Thompson & Kikau fit & firing most of the season, we would be top 8. With a decent spine (esp. a half back (like a Hunt/Johnson/Adam Reynolds type) we would be top 4.

There are 3-4 matches (6-8 points) this year, that I’d feel we would have won with just 2-3 of these key player additions. We are not to far off the mark. We just need to hang in there as supporters. Good times will come.