News EXCLUSIVE: Darren Lockyer reveals Ben Hunt mail amid gun playmaker's contract wrestle

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
We lost to the Warriors, Raiders & Roosters all by 4 or less points. We win those games if we had Hunt & Crichton. That would've put us in the 8. We also probably win other games as well.

Sport isn't that complicated. You're making it seem like that it is.
Sport also isn't that simple :tearsofjoy:

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Sport also isn't that simple :tearsofjoy:
People try to overcomplicate it. Our forward pack hasn't been the main reason we're losing. It's more because of our shit spine.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Our forward pack is one of the worst in the league, it's as big of an issue as our spine right now.
Have you not watched every game this year? Our fullback & halves fucked up so many times. It was them costing us games more than the forward pack. Yes our forward pack needs to get better but our spine is worse than our forward pack. We've had the worst fullback in the NRL starting every game & for the majority of the season had the worst halfback in the NRL.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Have you not watched every game this year? Our fullback & halves fucked up so many times. It was them costing us games more than the forward pack. Yes our forward pack needs to get better but our spine is worse than our forward pack. We've had the worst fullback in the NRL starting every game & for the majority of the season had the worst halfback in the NRL.
They're as a bad as each other and we'd need improvement in both areas for me to confidently say we're a top 8 team. Our defence is the worst in the league and that's on the forwards, practically every defensive set I'm clenching my arsehole because the opposition just looks that more physically dominant than us. The spine simply isn't performing close to 100% until we sort that out.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
They're as a bad as each other and we'd need improvement in both areas for me to confidently say we're a top 8 team. Our defence is the worst in the league and that's on the forwards, practically every defensive set I'm clenching my arsehole because the opposition just looks that more physically dominant than us. The spine simply isn't performing close to 100% until we sort that out.
We can have the best forward pack in the NRL & we still wouldn't make the finals with our current spine.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
We can have the best forward pack in the NRL & we still wouldn't make the finals with our current spine.
We would imo, same story with the spine. Ultimately that's irrelevant because we aren't getting either.

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
That's insane.

If we had the best pack in the comp then we are definitely making the 8.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
That's insane.

If we had the best pack in the comp then we are definitely making the 8.
You mean like the Broncos last season..............

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
What metric are you using to say the Broncos were the best pack last year?
There is no metric, it's all on opinion. Broncos had a top 3 pack for sure & had Adam Renolds at halfback. Haas, Carrigan, Flegler & Capewell. Only forward pack in the NRL with 4 Origin players from the past 2 seasons.

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
There is no metric, it's all on opinion. Broncos had a top 3 pack for sure & had Adam Renolds at halfback. Haas, Carrigan, Flegler & Capewell. Only forward pack in the NRL with 4 Origin players from the past 2 seasons.
For mine the 2022 Panthers is a better pack. Top 3 prop, lock and backrower + a SOO rep backrower and 2 international props in Leota and Leniu.

More close to home, let's talk about how some of our packs took terrible spines into finals runs.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
For mine the 2022 Panthers is a better pack. Top 3 prop, lock and backrower + a SOO rep backrower and 2 international props in Leota and Leniu.

More close to home, let's talk about how some of our packs took terrible spines into finals runs.
We’ve never had made a GF with a shit spine.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Both shit
Your both right

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I heard a whisper a week ago that it’s already a done deal with us seems that Lockyer got the same mail. I also know that Gus has entrenched himself heavily in every junior nursery north of the tweed river. Talent scouts I know up here refer to us as the Queensland Bulldogs :laughing: Has a nice ring to it.
I might be wrong but a few little things tells me that some at the club want to realocate the club to QLD, which makes sence because QLD is growing at a faster rate than NSW and our area has 1 of the worst Junior Nuseries in the game.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
How is that Stylishhhh ??

Crichtons an unknown at week to week FB
Averillo will still miss up to 7 tackles
Xerri we have no idea about after 4 years out ..

That’s a wish and a prayer ..,
Fuck your a sook!