1. Be cool and Register to set your username and display picture get the full features of the site. Talk Bulldogs NRL News, match reviews, live score, ladder, injuries, player signings and team performance.

Ennis wants the dogs to sign Reynolds again. Shut yo mouth fool!!

Discussion in 'Bulldogs Discussion' started by flamebouyant, May 20, 2020 at 6:29 AM.

1. bradyk

bradyk Kennel Addict

We're looking at Reynolds :P

2. s-704

s-704 Kennel Immortal

Yeah like that time out Pay and the board offered Turpin a half assed contract and told him he would be behind JMK. My god who says shit like that?

3. silva

silva Utility

18 mth deal mate its a bargain

4. chuckynemo

chuckynemo Kennel Regular

Ah seriously shut up all of you. Youre all acting like we have a gun squad at the moment. Shit I can barely watch half a game with our efforts. We need anything to change it up. Bringing back Reynolds is the wisest thing to do for the short term . He was also big with the community here. Bring Reynolds back to belmore

• Disagree Disagree x 9
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  5. Baby Blues

Baby Blues Kennel Enthusiast

Thinking like that is why we have no cap space

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  6. Chris Harding

Chris Harding Steam Powered Dog Premium Member

Ennis must really hate the Bulldogs. What is it about ex-Bulldogs in the media? Is there some agreement that anyone working for the Murdoch media must rubbish our club?

7. Chris Harding

Not at $600k, if the Tigers only want to contribute $150k of his contract. We have to keep looking for new talent to develop, and bide our time. I had to wait from 1948 until 1980 to see a GF win. Patience will win out, though I don't have the years left for another wait of that magnitude.

I agree it is tough watching any of our games - also very hard to find replays of past seasons where we had a win. All the effort in recent years has been from the fans, forcing themselves to watch.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Chris Harding

He also bled for St.George and Cronulla. It's because the Dogs are a great team struggling for a top eight spot that every "expert" seems to think they have the one stop solution.

9. diddly

diddly Kennel Regular Gilded x2 Gilded Premium Member

If the figures referred to here ie paying Reynolds 600k are true - should be able to get two or three quality outside backs for that money - even pay overs to lure the standouts from the 18s n 20s comps (hopefully they will happen)
    Seeems also that Doorey and Tui Katoa are training with the ft squad as replacements for the banished two.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. maroondog72

maroondog72 Kennel Addict Gilded

starting to wish hindy had caught the c***

• Funny Funny x 2
  11. JayBee

JayBee Kennel Immortal

But he wasn't captain of either of those 2 clubs. I highly doubt fans from any of his other 3 clubs prior to us would hold him in high regard (Newie, St George and the Bronx). As you alluded to though, Sharkies would.

Whilst you're right about experts wanting to dig in - let's be honest - everyone is an expert in a crisis and crisis management. He sees holistically a struggling club who have the opportunity to purchase a player, who in his eyes, would better us. Most of here think it would hinder us for the long term, which I agree with.

The biggest issue I have with the Reynolds situation is if we bring him over, it will have to be for the remainder of this season + next year. If it was just this year, I would consider it - but I definitely would not want to block the pathway to FG for our future stars - particularly Wakeham.

I don't blame Ennis for having a say for a club he loves so much - but I also disagree with the potential signing of Reynolds for the most part.

Anywho - it definitely isn't happening anyway.

• Best Post Best Post x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Spoonman84

Spoonman84 Super Moderator Staff Member

That’s easily the best option and probably the most realistic one. I would be much happier to pay big money (in terms of what you pay a rookie) to lure the best junior talent and give them a shot at the NRL.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. diddly

Try to get Sione Katoa back from the Sharks would be worth trying

14. Spoonman84

Spoonman84 Super Moderator Staff Member

With there being no footy played below NRL is will be a perfect time to target gun juniors. They have lost a year of football and we can fast track them into NRL.

• Like Like x 1
  15. vegny

vegny Kennel Regular

Do we still have his brother? Similar style imo

16. youoboys

youoboys Kennel Regular

Bulldogs fan here: I’m back baby ..... em is is very bitter toward the bulldogs..... not sure if he is bright or not as his comments should be aimed at Hasler , dib, and castle..... current administration is cleaning their mess up. Only thing I agree with is bring grub home !!! Someone ask Braith where his heart lies .... dogs or roorters? Hi nasheed

17. diddly

yes but sione is a stronger player

• Like Like x 1
  18. Sancho2020

Sancho2020 Kennel Immortal Gilded

The 32 players that are training have been listed online, pretty much just slotted in the development players but I assume we still have spots available on the roster for potential midseason recruits?

https://www.bulldogs.com.au/teams/?competition=111&team=500010

19. vegny

vegny Kennel Regular

Thanks. Yes caused some troubles against us in trial if im not mistaken

20. dogluva

dogluva Kennel Immortal

Simply bec ause he has not delivered what the club expected ( or believed he was capable of) , he has been dogged by injury and most importantly he is eating up a substantial portion of their cap space. Oh and plus they have Harry Grant and the other hooker ( whose name escapes me at the moment) who are well ahead of him.