Soccer English Premier League Banter Thread

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Even if they somehow lost to Chelsea, which they won't, they'd only need a draw at home against Fulham. They need one point from two home games. There's no chance they're not qualifying for the CL.
Exactly. They'll win both games

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So here I am thinking this whole time we need to avoid 4th and hold 3rd so we do not have to do some bloody stupid CL play off..

Only to realise that the playoff for 4th was scrapped like 5 years ago.

Just goes to show how shit my team has been that I didn't even know or retain that info, because I didnt need to know.. because my team has been so shite.

chemdog

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
lampard has to be one of the worst caretaker managers in the premier league history

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
So here I am thinking this whole time we need to avoid 4th and hold 3rd so we do not have to do some bloody stupid CL play off..

Only to realise that the playoff for 4th was scrapped like 5 years ago.

Just goes to show how shit my team has been that I didn't even know or retain that info, because I didnt need to know.. because my team has been so shite.
You've done alright.

Add Kane, a midfielder and I think you'll still be challenging for top 4 next year

chemdog

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
wait so if city win the fa cup does that mean we play city in the community shield?

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Come on man. Again, I get it makes you angry having your team confronted but let's be real here.

I fucking HATE United. Hate them.

But, THAT is a club that created their own. THEY built their own wealth. THEY built their own team by promoting an incredible bunch of youth who went on to become superstars. THEY won the title with average footballers at times because THEY had an incredible manager and set up. Sure, they're shit now but they still have an incredible commercial business that doesn't involve countries sponsoring them and breaking FFP. Yeah?

City?

You have 50m backups. You have great players then go buy even greater players. Across the park. No City youth in the team. YOu falsely claim sellouts when all can see you don't have them. Get funds through countries. Break FFP in as many ways as possible.

You're not even close to what United were and never will be because THEY created their success. You bought it.

And ... to any United fan reading this. I still HATE your club lol
Great post ... one of the best i have read across all the forums.

It is telling that United and Liverpool HATE each other with a farking passion but honestly do not give a flying fark about City.

If City's owners left next season, they would be a good chance of fading back into obscurity within a few years.

I view them as i do PSG.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Great post ... one of the best i have read across all the forums.

It is telling that United and Liverpool HATE each other with a farking passion but honestly do not give a flying fark about City.

If City's owners left next season, they would be a good chance of fading back into obscurity within a few years.

I view them as i do PSG.
You make a good point about when their owners leave. What would happen?

I'll always respect and admire United for what you did under Fergie. Every Liverpool fan is jealous of that.

Will never ever have the same feeling towards city. Amazing football team but have cheated their way to victory.

Simple as