News 'Embarrassing': Bulldogs coach, skipper scathing of performance after Magic Round thriller

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
We have heart but we lack

Robust: having or showing vigor, strength, power or firmness.

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
one things clear and some shouldn't play again, question is will Ciro cut them or give them more chances.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Massive call by CC. He obviously has high standards. Our roster is still a work in progress. Too many average, injured and underperforming players. Despite all this we were still in the mix when we shouldn’t have been.

We should have been flogged by 50.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Ciro’s speech hit the mark, he couldn’t have said it any better.

he’s all about setting standards in that jersey, it’s all about attitude and execution - he’s going to keep ramming it down their throats until it’s ingrained in them.

Very impressed with his coaching thus far, my only question is the decision to play some players busted where in my opinion, he could have gone with a more healthy option from Cup and big bodies like Sam Hughes probably could have been injected sooner to match size/physicality. Other than that, Ciro is the man, we made an astute investment there and he will guide us out of this - He’s treating this role personally, he loves the club and team, his belief and mindset is an asset to this club!

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I like CC but pointing it out and addressing it are totally different.

I hope he addresses it this week.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
We had a whole session last Thusday on leg/gut tackles.

PS my boy is 2-0 with 106 for and 24 against.
well done mate, yeh we beat chester hill yesterday who were grand finalists last year. They were a disgrace, ref had to stop the game because the Chester Hill parents were swearing abuse at the ref, disgrace to the canterbury supporters. One of their players spat at one of our players at the end, fukn disgraceful

all we do is skills training in juniors, catch pass, and combination off all tackles, legs, side on, 2 on 1, 3 on 1 etc.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
well done mate, yeh we beat chester hill yesterday who were grand finalists last year. They were a disgrace, ref had to stop the game because the Chester Hill parents were swearing abuse at the ref, disgrace to the canterbury supporters. One of their players spat at one of our players at the end, fukn disgraceful

all we do is skills training in juniors, catch pass, and combination off all tackles, legs, side on, 2 on 1, 3 on 1 etc.
We beat Cabra and Guildford (who we lost to in last year's GF).

I only hear shit things about Canterbury JRL.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
We beat Cabra and Guildford (who we lost to in last year's GF).

I only hear shit things about Canterbury JRL.
it is a fukn disgrace honestly, if we werent dogs supporters it would make you hate them even more

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
it is a fukn disgrace honestly, if we werent dogs supporters it would make you hate them even more
Yeah not looking forward my boy reaching U13s. Hopefully Parra break away from Canterbury by then.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’m sick of people comparing us to the Dolphins. They recruited players with EXPERIENCE. We have none of that. We are one of the youngest teams in the comp.
The biggest difference is Wayne Bennett man. It’s clear as day. If that squad was coached by most others they’d be a lot worse off.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
The biggest difference is Wayne Bennett man. It’s clear as day. If that squad was coached by most others they’d be a lot worse off.
Smart coach and man manager. What they have achieved in their first year is brilliant really. People say but Phins have experienced forwards....well we could have bought proven effort experienced players too, but didnt.

People also say dont buy Storm players they cant play away from Bellamy.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Canberra played their best game? They would have got smashed by any other team in the 8 last night.

Well, maybe not manly lol
I said the best I’ve seen this season! I have watched most games and they have been pretty average, except vs Brisban. That kinda dispels your smashed by anyone in the top 8 comment as they played better against us than Broncs imo. They played with way more heart and intensity and Hursbruh has never played a game like that. He turned into the hulk ffs.

Lost Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
In my opinion we are still playing defensive football and waisting valuable tackles on an arm wrestle. Still cannot work out after ten rounds what actually is our game plan consist of. Doggie fans can you help me to understand how we intend to score points consistently. The only ray of hope I noticed in Friday nights game against the Raiders was that first try Jacob Preston scored. Lining up between two defenders that had got their distance wrong in defence, running into the space and scoring brought joy and hope.