News 'Embarrassing': Bulldogs coach, skipper scathing of performance after Magic Round thriller

Blueandwhiteblood1968

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I only saw the highlights and that first try by the Raiders was embarrassing and the whole team should be ashamed of their effort, typical Bulldogs effort, they defeat saints and think their the best, 5 days later back to what they do best put I am half arsed effort.
Anyone who thinks we're finals bound are delirious, won't even come close to a top 8 position and they would only be smashed out in the first week anyway, CC has his work cut out for him and even with injuries it's not good enough.

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im involved in junior league not many kids do the leg tackle,most don’t even know how to pass,all coaches care about is winning the game
It seems to be all about going high to lock up the ball. Seems like players don’t get taught how to tackle around the legs anymore

Shreksno1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Reed should have stepped back to get onside ...even if he didn't think he would get the ball...it was still in play.

Even our smallest of indiscretions is picked up by refs.....they surely have a bunker ref solely to scrutinise us only :grinning:
Yeah 100%, I was referring to max king also. I know he’s Injured, but come on it’s just dumb shit

we are always hated, I love it. Love being the underdog. There was a time when it didnt matter how hard the refs were against us. You couldn’t ref us out of a game if you tried

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
That’s Perhams second time one on one his messed up. He is holding the position for Critta but if it happens again he poses as a liability teams will bomb his way. Attacking wise he needs sharpening there’s to many touches, steps there’s adapting to first grade then there’s not being good enough. Honestly didn’t have an issue until he started leaking tries.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
My post mortem analysis

1) first set of defence set tone the whole game

2) Olapau predominantly is the only one that knows how to lieg tackle

3) bulldogs, all heart and no tackle

4) when is the club going to stop spending big money and blowing up our salary cap with middle forwards that never play

5) Mat Burton we love you but some of you missed tackles where to soft

6)Ciraldo extremely pissed and nailed all his words without turds,changes next week surely?

7)Huge positive to be well beaten and still be in the game in the end.

8) how to Win again?-
Simple bring back the mongrel and leg tackle and first sets like last night won’t happen again,all about setting the game tempo in defence.

Still angry we lost crucial 2 pts
I don’t think he makes changes I think he gives them a chance to redeem themselves.

Bulldogdoove

Waterboy
Reaction score
Sometimes I feel it's like watching an action replay - only our opponents are wearing different jerseys each time.

You summed it up perfectly and it kills me watching the same sequence as we spiral downwards.

The second Canberra try was it?

Step 1: RFM has ball stripped on first tackle in an excellent attacking position about 30m out from Canberra's line.

Step 2: We concede a penalty.

Step 3: Canberra long kick for touch. We are then back defending our own 30

Step 4: our heads go down

Step 5: Concede a six again (or two six agains). Back defending our tryline

Step 6: Canberra try.

It sh*ts me to death watching that same fkn sequence or a slight variation of it unfold time after time
Absolutely. Personally think we still have a lot of dumb players that aren’t 1st graders or haven’t got the confidence to think of themselves as 1st graders. Simple fuckin mistakes are killing us every week and turning momentum like Rookiedog says - RFM 1 on 1 steal. Last week Waddles 2nd tackle after points (although he was hard done by I thought), Burton not finding touch a few weeks back etc…. The good teams simply don’t make these simple errors.

Roger the alien

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Now it's now round 11 I wonder if we'll see Rajab in the halves soon.

TalDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm glad Ciraldo says the truth and doesn't try to sugarcoat it. Players need to be held accountable when they don't perform their best. It's too easy for them to accept players are out so no-one is expecting us to win or whatever. Next man in step the f..k up and make the most of your chance or you might not get (or deserve) another one.

I'm sick of reading all these people posting shit especially on our Facebook fan pages telling everyone over and over again how we need to be patient. You could say that til the end of the f..king earth while we get flogged by 50 points each and every week. They make excuses for our players no matter how they perform. I think most of them have become used to us performing shit so have very low expectations. When our coach is complaining we have a right to complain. They often say how the coach is smarter than us. Well back at them when he's the main one complaining.
Agree dolphins have dispelled that bullshit of an excuse

We needs a 7 and at least a couple of enforcer style props

Reecek89

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I’m tired of excuses. Gus is blocking every dogs fan who says stop with these excuses.
Dolphins were a whole new team and look at them. We are fighting for the spoon.
Since 2017 we’ve been hearing “rebuild” or “it takes time” and every board since has said this.
We keep picking on certain players yet under performers like RFM get away with being slow and lazy. We are by far the worst defensive side in the comp too. Getting Fox Kikau and Thompson back won’t fix that alone.

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’m tired of excuses. Gus is blocking every dogs fan who says stop with these excuses.
Dolphins were a whole new team and look at them. We are fighting for the spoon.
Since 2017 we’ve been hearing “rebuild” or “it takes time” and every board since has said this.
We keep picking on certain players yet under performers like RFM get away with being slow and lazy. We are by far the worst defensive side in the comp too. Getting Fox Kikau and Thompson back won’t fix that alone.
I’m sick of people comparing us to the Dolphins. They recruited players with EXPERIENCE. We have none of that. We are one of the youngest teams in the comp.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Embarrassing all round but you never give in, coulda been sabotage, but we pick ourselves up and give the Warriors a clinical workover Friday

Matthew G

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
People saying we have the worst defence after we have taken Penriths defence coach are just stupid, for weeks we have had a ridiculous number of injuries, some mid game meaning we have had to put in a second rower at centre and centre on a wing, the majority of our points conceded came from the souths game and then the eels one, we then had players stepping up from nsw cup in recent weeks vs sharks and then raiders. Yesterday was the first time we just havent looked at the races defensively or effort wise, maybe its the 5 day turnaround. Very glad ciraldo and mahoney didnt come out with this effort rubbish and said it as it was, that it wasnt nrl standard and was embarrassing. Some players arent good enough, Casey isnt at all, perham also, runs metres yeah but suspect under a bomb as shown in sharks game and yesterday. Alamotti some inexcusable defensive reads yesterday also, needs to fix that up very quickly as teams will target him. Some players just didnt fancy it yesterday, RFM being one of them, was very poor. Mahoney and preston our better players, TPJ started well and didnt do much after that. Lots to work on for next week, hopefully fox is back.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
My post mortem analysis

1) first set of defence set tone the whole game

2) Olapau predominantly is the only one that knows how to lieg tackle

3) bulldogs, all heart and no tackle

4) when is the club going to stop spending big money and blowing up our salary cap with middle forwards that never play
Spot on with these 4 points.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I’m sick of people comparing us to the Dolphins. They recruited players with EXPERIENCE. We have none of that. We are one of the youngest teams in the comp.
The youngest team in the comp

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Don't know what happens behind closed doors but I think CC could add a little bad cop to this team and give them a rocket. Players need to fear a Coach too!
I would put money on it that the bad cop will be at training this week, he was seething in the presser

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
rfm/casey/alamotti/perham all had shockers
People who are choosing to have a go at CC and Mahoney are totally wrong, here's why...
Despite the horrendous injuries not once did he use the situation as an excuse instead opting to keep the confidence up throughout the club while doing a great job eradicating the loosing mentality of the last few years, it's showing in the team's resilience,
Let's not forget the team is missing a quality halfback and a fullback while Burton is still a baby in the halves !