Email from Steve Folkes to myself

Status
Not open for further replies.

skarBULLDOG

dont talk
Reaction score
i reckon the emails were a load of crap dont believe that folkes would email insights to a no name so no thanks i dont buy that

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
i dont give a toss that u deleted it...it was trash...i'll be the first to say it....but u go about calling people morons etc....using my thread as an example...so referring to me at the least.....

so maybe u should be a little more diplomatic about what u say......or u can just join the club of people calling others idiots, ******s, morons, halfwits...etc...

and of course i'm insignificant to u...i'd be worried if i wasn't:slick:
You'd get a half of post extra if my sig wasnt there HTH. What msg does it send to people when they come on and see a thread title "email to ray dib, or ogre" and its just a joke and spam, Lounge it.

skarBULLDOG

dont talk
Reaction score
Email from folkes ..lol what a fake, dead set.

i reckon the emails were a load of crap dont believe that folkes would email insights to a no name so no thanks i dont buy that

Bazza

Big Bad Bustling Barry
Reaction score
All these decisions come down to Folkes alone?
You dont know the reasons behind any of these.
HTH K Thnx Bye
Your missing the point, Folkes should've had a say in most of those matters, and his influence is probably greater than most.

jasetd

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
You'd get a half of post extra if my sig wasnt there HTH. What msg does it send to people when they come on and see a thread title "email to ray dib, or ogre" and its just a joke and spam, Lounge it.
yeh great....what message does it send when one of the moderators is calling the users morons etc....

and why not delete this thread? its a big joke that some people are believing....

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Your missing the point, Folkes should've had a say in most of those matters, and his influence is probably greater than most.
I agree, but it comes down to a collective agreement between the players, coach, coaching staff, reserve staff etc

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
yeh great....what message does it send when one of the moderators is calling the users morons etc....

and why not delete this thread? its a big joke that some people are believing....
Fine i apologise for calling you a moron. Some people believe it = stay

Warmonkga

Amazon
Reaction score
I think if theres anything learnt from reading this thread is Folkes should never send an email regarding anything bulldogs to AJ ever again. AJ you might cop a spanking from Folkesy.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
In regards to this email... 1 reason im skeptical is when did you send him the email and when did Folkes reply? (Also whats up with all the basic spelling errors in his reply?)
Our game was on Saturday night and by Monday you've already sent him an email and got a reply from Folkes? I would have thought he'd have better things to do on his sunday than reply to email from fans questioning his selections.

Warmonkga

Amazon
Reaction score
In regards to this email... 1 reason im skeptical is when did you send him the email and when did Folkes reply?
Our game was on Saturday night and by Monday you've already got a reply from Folkes? I would have thought he'd have better things to do on his sunday than reply to email from fans questioning his selections.
oooo, I like where this is going... we need more assumptions like this, theres got to be more Sherlock Holmes out there. Anyone a PI?

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
oooo, I like where this is going... we need more assumptions like this, theres got to be more Sherlock Holmes out there. Anyone a PI?
I emailed Noad once and he replied... 5 days later (which I had no problem with, because I could understand he'd be busy)... I would have assumed the same from Folkes

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Maybe this thread should be titled Email from Gandhi: "Everyone chill the F*ck Out"

tempo

Pritteee Good
Reaction score
Folkes pinpointed what i realised fully on sat night, our forwards are fkt i think stil that holdsworth isnt playing as well as id like, but our forwards have as much blame to cope as holdsworth.
There are only a few players that can't be blamed for their performances this season. They are be El Masri, Patten and SBW. The rest have all had shockers or under-performed at stages and that's why I keep supporting DJ. It's not like he's the only one under-performing and the so-called fans need to get that through their thick skulls.

Edit: I've read more of this thread and many people have suggested putting Sullivan at half. Did you not see his game on the weekend? He put a try on a silver platter for Tighe and made other errors. He wasn't better than DJ yet you want him to play halfback? You people think that by picking someone else that all will be better. Well it won't. There's no way Sullivan will control the team better than Holdsworth and then there's the kicking game. With Roberts and either Sullivan or Hughes in the halves, we'd have the poorest kicking game in the comp. We'd also have one less hooker.

Think before posting guys.

Last edited by a moderator:

tempo

Pritteee Good
Reaction score
By the way for the record I wouldn't mind seeing Groom get a run ahead of Holdsworth (when Benny gets back, and this week, Groom half and DJ 5/8th) as I am fed up with DJ's performances too.

But my point is that surely Folkes isn't changing him for a reason. (And don't say he doesn't make changes) It is because of the lack of alternatives. Clearly Groom isn't pushing for selection in Reserves and his injury wouldn't have helped. And all the others either aren't halfbacks or aren't anywhere near ready for FG. Otherwise Folkes would have made a change.

He dropped DJ pretty much the whole of last year when he was probably playing better. He gave a so called "young player" in Benny Roberts an extended run. So why would he persist with him now? Ask yourself that.
Common sense is lost on most of this lot mate.

tempo

Pritteee Good
Reaction score
No Benny Roberts this week. No excuses, for Folkes. Maitua is not a 5/8.
Put DJ into his PREFERRED position at 5/8 and take a punt on Groom at no7.

FMD the panthers coach took a punt a Toyota cup player last week, after dropping a decently performing Sammut
No he didn't. Graham didn't play. Luke Lewis was the dominant playmaker and he was playing in the second row.

Also, please don't ever use Elliott as a guide because he makes so many changes which causes instability and that leads to substandard performances. it was one of the major reasons for them getting the spoon last year.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.