No Source Elliot will extend

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
He hasn't had "years of utter kack".....some of you just wouldn't know talent if it bit you on the bunghole. He has shown plenty of ability prior to this season, but has struggled for consistency and discipline in a very poor side..... as most young players would. He has countless qualities our team is in serious need of right now, including ball playing ability, a genuine affinity for the club and a have a go attitude. He has always had potential to be a very good player, is highly rated within the game and his best years are approaching. The club should 100 per cent retain him if at all possible. He has been our best forward this year and he is only going to get better. If this rumous is untrue and he ends up going the the warriors it will be a big loss for the club.
“ he is only going to get better “ hahahahaha its been like 5 years mate lol and what a coincidence the last time he was in any form was when his last contract was up.

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
He has always put more effort into his game than you put into your posts. I'm glad Barrett is steering the ship and not clueless folks such as yourself :grinning:
I say what I want when I want.#butthurt

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
RFM has scored 4 tries and makes more metres than Elliott, but gets no where near the fanfare or probably commanding nowhere near the money..
You have to be kidding about RFM not getting the same amount of fanfare. Mariner has got about as many people that think he's a superstar as Elliott has haters. I'll admit that RFM has really hit his straps more lately, but he's one of the players that in my opinion has always been a bit over rated by plenty of people on here. Prior to the back end of last year I always thought Mariner did a lot of pointless things. Hitting the line then spinning, running back a few steps and heading towards the sideline. He seems to have eliminated that from his game. It was really detrimental to the team but a lot of people seemed to love it. It really killed the momentum for that play and the next.

Elliott isn't a superstar, but he isn't as poor as the plethora of haters would have us believe. I personally hope we get to see his best few years of football in our colours over the next few years.

jake6

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Hope we saved enough for TPJ, word is he will be sacked from Brisbane. A massive bonehead yes. But we need X-Factor

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let Elliott walk. His money is better spent elsewhere. Sign a couple of props instead. Brownwich tpj tamou McLean jbl are all either off contract or looking for other clubs. We need to sign at least 2 of them. All way better then Elliott. Tpj and jbl will be my prefered 2.

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
Let Elliott walk. His money is better spent elsewhere. Sign a couple of props instead. Brownwich tpj tamou McLean jbl are all either off contract or looking for other clubs. We need to sign at least 2 of them. All way better then Elliott. Tpj and jbl will be my prefered 2.
Who's JBL?

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
We are not doing much of a clean out if we just resign most off contract. I think Jacko needs to move to lock for obvious reasons, Stimson given another crack on the edge and RFM has played his way into starting as the other edge forward. Few young young guys only 12-18 months away so that leaves Elliot as a bench forward IMO and hence why he was supposedly low balled. I think what he was reportedly offered was close to his true value.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Not sure if posted or not already:

"however Bulldogs back-rower Adam Elliott has knocked back a lucrative three-year offer."

"A significant overhaul of the Warriors playing stocks has long been forecast but Elliott has privately informed club sources he cannot commit to a move at this point in his career.

"With a new baby boy and the Warriors' uncertainty over where they will be playing in 2021 due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Elliott's preference is to remain in Sydney."

"It is unclear at this point whether that means he will stay at Belmore given the Dragons have also pursued the 25-year-old forward.

"Elliott was arguably Canterbury's best forward throughout 2020 before a dislocated shoulder in round eight ended his season and cast doubt over his future given the Bulldogs' first extension offer underwhelmed his camp."

"Hanging onto the Country Origin star would be a significant coup for Canterbury given his standing as a club and community leader and upward trajectory on the field."

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Not sure if posted or not already:

"however Bulldogs back-rower Adam Elliott has knocked back a lucrative three-year offer."

"A significant overhaul of the Warriors playing stocks has long been forecast but Elliott has privately informed club sources he cannot commit to a move at this point in his career.

With a new baby boy and the Warriors' uncertainty over where they will be playing in 2021 due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Elliott's preference is to remain in Sydney."
Yeah, it was always unlikely he'd go to NZ. It is really down to us or Dragons, unless some other Sydney club comes in with a late bid.

Daustin

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
good signs for us, offers are becoming smaller which means our chances of keeping him on a contract without paying overs is becoming more likely. If he turns out to be the rep player a lot are tipping then he should make back any difference on his contract anyway. I think he is a must for our team but at the right price

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
We are not doing much of a clean out if we just resign most off contract. I think Jacko needs to move to lock for obvious reasons, Stimson given another crack on the edge and RFM has played his way into starting as the other edge forward. Few young young guys only 12-18 months away so that leaves Elliot as a bench forward IMO and hence why he was supposedly low balled. I think what he was reportedly offered was close to his true value.
We don't have to clean out our best players :tonguewink: . We're going to be able to use dead cap space we've been carrying over the previous years (re-signing players that represent closer to their current value as well as moving on finishing players, e.g. Tolman, Montoya and Holland) so we'll upgrade our roster that way. I'm confident we can retain who we want and at least sign a top hooker and a promising half at minimum. Also Jackson can't ball play and isn't a damaging or creative prop so I really don't understand why so many people want him to play lock. Elliott is our ideal lock.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
We don't have to clean out our best players :tonguewink: . We're going to be able to use dead cap space we've been carrying over the previous years (re-signing players that represent closer to their current value as well as moving on finishing players, e.g. Tolman, Montoya and Holland) so we'll upgrade our roster that way. I'm confident we can retain who we want and at least sign a top hooker and a promising half at minimum. Also Jackson can't ball play and isn't a damaging or creative prop so I really don't understand why so many people want him to play lock. Elliott is our ideal lock.
We probably already resigned too many other players to effect enough change which is working against Elliot. The reason why so many are suggesting Jacko at lock is for his defence and the fact he is not quick enough or not a threat on the edge anymore. Ball playing lock is great but a edge back rower with skills like a Wade Graham also takes pressure off the halves. This is what we hoped for Stimson. Dead cap space needs to be spent on a hooker.

Daustin

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
anyone able to view DT articles? theres a new one about the warriors signing a few players and says that elliot is locked in, although ive seen he rejected the warriors. If so could someone post?

Daustin

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
"The Warriors and St George Illawarra have been given further motivation to pursue Tevita Pangai Jr after Adam Elliott told rival clubs he was ready to commit his future to Canterbury."

mr j

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Not entirely excited by this. If we didn’t have Jackson I would feel better about it. Tying up two of our back row spots with Elliot and Jackson doesn’t particularly excite me. We need change, not the same pieces of a jigsaw puzzle that was a mess for the last few years.