No Source Elliot will extend

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
If he knocked back a "rich offer", then how much did they re-sign him for? And three years is one year too many.

The fact that they keep tying up cap space on the existing squad and still aren't addressing the spine is a concern.
Rich offer from the Warriors doesn't count. They have to pay more for people to move there. Like Canberra had to a couple decades ago.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Why not? Hes a gun
Has not played any form of professional footy in almost 2 years, has reportedly been offered $700k by the dragons with the warriors reportedly willing to offer significantly more.... also still has a sexual assault charge hanging over his head. There is no guarantee he will be free to play, let alone that he will be the player he was if he is cleared in his court case and allowed to return. Do you really want to be throwing 8-900k at a player with so many question marks over his head when we are in such desperate need of a hooker and at least one half? I sure don’t. We should be able to sign a lower risk impact forward on significantly less than what he will reportedly be asking. We already have plenty of overpaid forwards. We need to look at ways to get bang for less bucks..... and unless he is proven 100 percent innocent of the charges against him, I wouldn’t want him anywhere near the club anyway.

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know it's different to actual game time. But from all reports his been killing it at dragons training and been the main reason why the dragons 2nd team frequently beats there 1st team in opposed sessions. Before all this stuff happened with him he was arguable the best forward in the game. Besides talmalolo of course. In fact he was playing so well nsw give him the starting lock position ahead of jturbo. These 2 years off might actual prolong his career. His still pretty young I believe. In fact I'd say his entering his prime in terms of age for a forward. I'd sign him in a heartbeat.
He hasn’t played for years for starters

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Speaking of extend, today’s news made me extend a little!

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You want bang for buck. Like Stimson and Britt. Do you suggest we continue to sign forwards like this. You want quality. Simple you need to pay for it. JDB and TPJ should be priority signings. Throw the kitchen sink at them.
Has not played any form of professional footy in almost 2 years, has reportedly been offered $700k by the dragons with the warriors reportedly willing to offer significantly more.... also still has a sexual assault charge hanging over his head. There is no guarantee he will be free to play, let alone that he will be the player he was if he is cleared in his court case and allowed to return. Do you really want to be throwing 8-900k at a player with so many question marks over his head when we are in such desperate need of a hooker and at least one half? I sure don’t. We should be able to sign a lower risk impact forward on significantly less than what he will reportedly be asking. We already have plenty of overpaid forwards. We need to look at ways to get bang for less bucks..... and unless he is proven 100 percent innocent of the charges against him, I wouldn’t want him anywhere near the club anyway.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
You want bang for buck. Like Stimson and Britt. Do you suggest we continue to sign forwards like this. You want quality. Simple you need to pay for it. JDB and TPJ should be priority signings. Throw the kitchen sink at them.
Yeah, let’s throw ridiculous money at a bloke who hasn’t played for 2 years and a bloke who turns up one out of every four games and runs out for a team that is as bad as ours.
We have less than 3 million to spend and you want to splash 1.8 million on two front rowers? Madness.

who is talking about Stimson or Britt? We need to be creative and find some big boppers whoplay hard but aren’t going to ask for ridiculous money. We areseriously lacking in other areas too.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I know it's different to actual game time. But from all reports his been killing it at dragons training and been the main reason why the dragons 2nd team frequently beats there 1st team in opposed sessions. Before all this stuff happened with him he was arguable the best forward in the game. Besides talmalolo of course. In fact he was playing so well nsw give him the starting lock position ahead of jturbo. These 2 years off might actual prolong his career. His still pretty young I believe. In fact I'd say his entering his prime in terms of age for a forward. I'd sign him in a heartbeat.
What utility half said and also he’s caused a massive internal divide with dragons players

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Most awesome news. Nice to know Barrett understands Elliott’s value. He’ll do some very good things for us over the next few years. I feel like hugging a stranger. Stupid COVID :/
Assassin is the guy to go to imo. He loves a good hug, he does.