Electric vs petrol cars

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
Hahahaha he’s a massive pussy. Not in real life though, more like Mr Burns haha
7 bans. Now I wonder what you could have been banned for. How does it go... hahahahaha....

Trinfly

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Huh? No they won’t.
class B is flammable liquid fire.
As for dry chemical extinguishers , they work by starving the fire of oxygen. Lithium battery fires decompose into oxygen compounds. They self-oxidize. The only thing you can do is keep it cool until it expends all its energy.
They’ll even burn underwater.
Exactly what QLD fire brigade did recently (couple of months) ago was to place the ev bike battery in 44 gallon type tubfull of water and let it burn out and that is why EV fires are a major problem to extinguish.

Will be interesting to watch whether insurance companies will continue to provide cover of strata complexes of an EV fire considering the difficulty in extinguishers, two houses went up in flames today in QLD blaming a possible Electric bike.

A charging EV in the carpark under a residential complex yeah id be concerned.

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
A month you say. The thread is closed so cannot quote but a quick snip is all I need. The referendum was 14th October.
View attachment 99260
Plenty to choose from but this was on point.

You have any more bullshit up your sleeve?
you definitely went missing not to face the music after the referendum (there was egg all over your face) .. when insurance companies crank up their premiums to insure EVs after a few more fires , read @Trinfly post above… let’s see if you will go missing again or be here to offer your excuses.

Take this opportunity to just concede petrol cars are better, let’s just move on.. have some dignity

Last edited:

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
you definitely went missing not to face the music after the referendum (there was egg all over your face) .. when insurance companies crank up their premiums to insure EVs after a few more fires , read @Trinfly post above… let’s see if you will go missing again or be here to offer your excuses.

Take this opportunity to just concede petrol cars are better, let’s just move on.. have some dignity
All the usual excuses and deflections will roll out. Typical of a druggy houso

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score

1703716661893.png

As for @Natboy - you still here? After my first ban I'd realise I'm either an A grade tool and reform or realise I'm not welcome and go somewhere else. But 7 bans? Speaking of dignity......

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Exactly what QLD fire brigade did recently (couple of months) ago was to place the ev bike battery in 44 gallon type tubfull of water and let it burn out and that is why EV fires are a major problem to extinguish.

Will be interesting to watch whether insurance companies will continue to provide cover of strata complexes of an EV fire considering the difficulty in extinguishers, two houses went up in flames today in QLD blaming a possible Electric bike.

A charging EV in the carpark under a residential complex yeah id be concerned.
Just to be clear, cheap and nasty EBikes and such have no real thermal protection, often don't stop the battery overcharging, the charger pumps out full wattage even when the battery is charged. Stupid people stupidly leave them charging when they are already fully charged, they are simply stupid. The average EBike takes about 3 hours to charge, so it's pretty stupid leaving them on charge overnight, that's just stupid.

EV's have thermal protection, overcharging protection, they reduce the charging rate as the battery approaches full charge and then shut off charging when they are fully charged. Or you can set the maximum charge, if you are concerned you can program the charging to stop at 90%, 95% or even 80% if you want.

My neighbour for example shuts of the charging on his Leaf at 80% as that's more than enough charge for his commute for the week. For his weekend away at the tree change shack he charges to 100%, for the extra range.

Personally I don't leave my power tools batteries charging overnight and I have a charger with controlled wattage that also shuts off when the battery is charged.

Always a Bulldog

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
View attachment 99271

As for @Natboy - you still here? After my first ban I'd realise I'm either an A grade tool and reform or realise I'm not welcome and go somewhere else. But 7 bans? Speaking of dignity......
I am pretty happy that my posts are factual. I don’t await your validation..trust me I sleep well.. you have shown that you like to learn the hard way, (yes voice referendum thread), you like to get ripped off etc, get stranded on the side of the road, hit with a $40k battery replacement cost…

you can either listen to me (strongly advised) or pay the heavy price. 2024 is a good time to change your head

Trinfly

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Most people think the charger will turn it self off when the battery is fully charged I personally have run timers old fashion dial type when charging batteries and connected at the wall but always feel at ease when when I disconnect the charger.

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Most people think the charger will turn it self off when the battery is fully charged I personally have run timers old fashion dial type when charging batteries and connected at the wall but always feel at ease when when I disconnect the charger.
im like you.. I couldn’t sleep if there was a timebomb EV charging under my bed in the garage through the night. Imagine when they are 5-6 years old and the wiring getting old corroding etc.. If I absolutely had to have an EV, I’d park it right out on the road with a long extension cord, I like to sleep in peace

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
im like you.. I couldn’t sleep if there was a timebomb EV charging under my bed in the garage through the night. Imagine when they are 5-6 years old and the wiring getting old corroding etc.. If I absolutely had to have an EV, I’d park it right out on the road with a long extension cord, I like to sleep in peace
You could program the EV and/or charger to stop charging when it’s your bed time. Better to recharge during the daytime anyway, when the solar is providing free electricity. You can program that too, never pay for refueling again and sleep soundly, a win win.

Always a Bulldog

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You could program the EV and/or charger to stop charging when it’s your bed time. Better to recharge during the daytime anyway, when the solar is providing free electricity. You can program that too, never pay for refueling again and sleep soundly, a win win.

Always a Bulldog
lots of People work during the day? I think most people will be charging at night.

My neighbour has an EV (a shit one) and a substation on his roof.. cheap bastard.

But he is so cheap he would be charging in the day for his solar crap..

Luckily my house has a wide block so I dont need to be near my neighbour with his EV if it explodes

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

Lawyers would know - they smell the $$$$.....
Irrelevant data.
there are way more ICE cars on the road. ICE cars are also older, they get stolen more, used it crimes and subsequently set fire to more.
EV is a new technology, virtually all EV’s on the road are less than 10 years old. They are on average in better condition and are harder to steal.
Pretending there isn’t a problem isn’t the way to better products.

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
Irrelevant data.
there are way more ICE cars on the road. ICE cars are also older, they get stolen more, used it crimes and subsequently set fire to more.
EV is a new technology, virtually all EV’s on the road are less than 10 years old. They are on average in better condition and are harder to steal.
Pretending there isn’t a problem isn’t the way to better products.
U didn't read it did you? Here's just one bit to make life easy.

Kias and Hyundais are some of the most at-risk vehicles for catching on fire. Kia and Hyundai are grouped together, as their vehicles share many of the same parts — especially the ones at risk of catching on fire.

Since 2015, these two car brands have recalled 2.3 million vehicles for engine fire risks. In late 2019, they reached a $760 million settlement for non-crash-related car fires.

Sort of guessing they didn't pay out because crims lit it up with kero. Could be wrong though lol. Btw - not my bold - thats from the article.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
lots of People work during the day? I think most people will be charging at night.

My neighbour has an EV (a shit one) and a substation on his roof.. cheap bastard.

But he is so cheap he would be charging in the day for his solar crap..

Luckily my house has a wide block so I dont need to be near my neighbour with his EV if it explodes
Most people don’t work 7 days a week, the sun shines on weekends too.

I wouldn’t call your neighbour “cheap”, frugal at the very least and if he has done his homework and the chosen EV suites him and his usage patterns then smart would apply.

You really need to get over this baseless paranoia with EV’s.

Always a Bulldog

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Xiaomi have announced a performance E designed to rival the Porsche Taycan. Gets 800km on a single charge. Fast as hell. And if you ever forgot where you left your car, I'm sure the Chinese military can help you find it.

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
Xiaomi have announced a performance E designed to rival the Porsche Taycan. Gets 800km on a single charge. Fast as hell. And if you ever forgot where you left your car, I'm sure the Chinese military can help you find it.
Looks the goods too.