Electric vs petrol cars

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I had considered getting an EV next but after reading this thread not a chance. I’ll wait ~ 10 years until the batteries & infrastructure improve. It just sounds like a massive pain in the arse unless you live in the city & have a charger at home

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had considered getting an EV next but after reading this thread not a chance. I’ll wait ~ 10 years until the batteries & infrastructure improve. It just sounds like a massive pain in the arse unless you live in the city & have a charger at home
and that is what an intelligent person does

the current crop of EVs are a botched transition from petrol cars at the moment, manufacturers know the EVs are not meeting even their own internal standards..

the marketing departments are trying to grab people with some outrageous 0-100times but in the real world, they can do it a few times before they fall off.. they don’t meet the ranges, too heavy, inconvenient and they cost way too much..

another thread where @Doogie has tried to sell us a plum but no one buying it

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Duck dodge weave.

So what EV were you driving and where? Cannot be that hard....
the test was legit and my conclusions legit.. I even admitted the acceleration was ferocious… well at least initially.. but then all the bad points of the EV came to fruition.

as I said previously I heard it from the horses mouth (top executive from large manufacturer) that comparatively EV are just too expensive. When this argument boils down and EV needs to be cost effective , not costly, inefficient and inconvenient.

What is @Doogie argument for an EV? No one actually knows??? just like the yes referendum? He makes no arguments but tries to rubbish others.. Looks like @Doogie is once again debunked

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
the test was legit and my conclusions legit.. I even admitted the acceleration was ferocious… well at least initially.. but then all the bad points of the EV came to fruition.

as I said previously I heard it from the horses mouth (top executive from large manufacturer) that comparatively EV are just too expensive. When this argument boils down and EV needs to be cost effective , not costly, inefficient and inconvenient.

What is @Doogie argument for an EV? No one actually knows??? just like the yes referendum? He makes no arguments but tries to rubbish others.. Looks like @Doogie is once again debunked
So you 'drove' a super dooper top secret EV that you cannot even name on a 'road' that is also top secret and you cannot name. On Xmas day.

This is your argument. Oh sorry - now you have the word of a super dooper top secret executive as well. Now thats your argument.

I can play this as well. You see I spoke with Elon over coffee the other day and he lent me the new Tesla/NASA collab for a spin around the Nurburgring. So I went out for a spin on Xmas day and broke the lap record. And did it on autonomous driver mode.

#FakePittie2.0

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
wise man.
Obviously you work hard for your money and don’t think of today only?

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
and that is what an intelligent person does

the current crop of EVs are a botched transition from petrol cars at the moment, manufacturers know the EVs are not meeting even their own internal standards..

the marketing departments are trying to grab people with some outrageous 0-100times but in the real world, they can do it a few times before they fall off.. they don’t meet the ranges, too heavy, inconvenient and they cost way too much..

another thread where @Doogie has tried to sell us a plum but no one buying it
It sounds like it but plenty of people are falling for it thinking they are Captain Planet. I don’t read her posts but being a scummy houso there would be a rort somewhere why she has an EV. Probably steals her two-headed neighbours power in Kurnell haha. She lies a lot though and told us she was in her 30’s but then posts about being drunk on belmore hill in the 80’s & being a leagues club member before super league. You can’t trust these houso Albanese grifter types :joycat::joycat::joycat:

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
It sounds like it but plenty of people are falling for it thinking they are Captain Planet. I don’t read her posts but being a scummy houso there would be a rort somewhere why she has an EV. Probably steals her two-headed neighbours power in Kurnell haha. She lies a lot though and told us she was in her 30’s but then posts about being drunk on belmore hill in the 80’s & being a leagues club member before super league. You can’t trust these houso Albanese grifter types :joycat::joycat::joycat:
you could get a pistol, raise it above your head sideways, not looking at the sight and would still shoot straight facts!

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
Lol - funny how anyone that stands up to your rubbish is a she. You have something against women? Or do women have something against you. I can guess.

For someone that doesn't read my posts - you seem to be able to quote a lot. Cannot even tell the truth in one post. C'mon, this is a pisstake right?

Anyways - if this is the best you got - can smell ban #8 coming up. Seven bans and no permaban. This must be costing you a fortune right? And like last time, despite all the whinging and bitching about how you've been victimised, it'll be deserved. And I don't need to do a thing, like last time.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
@Natboy I heard you have indigenous heritage and opposed to the voice?

how does it feel having weak non indigenous people speak up on your behalf, since you’re unable to for yourself, due to your heritage?

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Really. So the ACCC reported 9 instances this year in Australia related to batteries. Of which one, yep one, burnt the house down. And that battery has been completely recalled across Australia.

And per Fire and Rescue - 40% of house fires are straight up electrical faults or electrical appliances. The other 60% are cigarettes, candles, gas/fire heaters and arson. No mention of home electrical batteries champ.

So why would I factor nonsense into calculations on the advice of someone who thinks electricity prices going up are a problem for someone completely off the grid? You really need to find another hill on this - you're just embarrassing yourself.

But its good to know though that in the world of BB...
- no phone - lithium batteries cause fires
- no electricity - that causes fires too
- no car - they burn up too frequently

U must be burning up Maccas wifi atm on a phone cable. Good man - save yourself some $$$'s...
lol.
It doesn’t matter what causes the fire. A fire in a house with a large battery, is a massive problem anyway.
same with EV cars. All these fools quoting ICE fire statistics like EV’s are better? ICE fires are bad for EV’s too. If an ICE catches fire near your EV? same catastrophic runaway. If that happens in an underground parking lot with a few other EV’s… Luton.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
@Natboy I heard you have indigenous heritage and opposed to the voice?

how does it feel having weak non indigenous people speak up on your behalf, since you’re unable to for yourself, due to your heritage?
It was a shame the thread got closed whilst I was banned because I had a fair bit to say about the voice & the massive waste of money. The whole thing was ridiculous, doomed to fail & Albanese was too stupid & stubborn to change the concept so it would succeed. He needed to remove the voice part & the constitutional change would’ve passed. As for Doogie, if you read back it was hilarious seeing her lecture me and others about what is best for indigenous people because she ate a kangaroo steak once hahaha

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
You took a shot at the 'numbers' and lost. You took a shot at the idea of fires and lost. Now battery life?
So - given I operate on guaranteed buyback - you have anything else at all? Nope?

Guess what lives in caves or under bridges?
If a car company offers guaranteed buyback prices, what does that tell you?
Also, how long do you think a car company can buy back cars worth $20k for four times that amount?
They’re just trying to trap people in their shitty architecture.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
It was a shame the thread got closed whilst I was banned because I had a fair bit to say about the voice & the massive waste of money. The whole thing was ridiculous, doomed to fail & Albanese was too stupid & stubborn to change the concept so it would succeed. He needed to remove the voice part & the constitutional change would’ve passed. As for Doogie, if you read back it was hilarious seeing her lecture me and others about what is best for indigenous people because she ate a kangaroo steak once hahaha
I’ve eaten kangaroo.
I also have a niece who has indigenous heritage.
She is estranged from our side of the family but she is so much like my brother.
I get the feeling she would of voted no!

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
If a car company offers guaranteed buyback prices, what does that tell you?
Also, how long do you think a car company can buy back cars worth $20k for four times that amount?
They’re just trying to trap people in their shitty architecture.
I wouldn’t even trust an E bike.
Sure they get you around faster but if the battery dies, you will have extra weight to pedal thanks to the battery!

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
lol.
It doesn’t matter what causes the fire. A fire in a house with a large battery, is a massive problem anyway.
same with EV cars. All these fools quoting ICE fire statistics like EV’s are better? ICE fires are bad for EV’s too. If an ICE catches fire near your EV? same catastrophic runaway. If that happens in an underground parking lot with a few other EV’s… Luton.
Lol. You know Luton was an above ground parking lot? Or maybe not. Luton was a great example of the 'what if' crew - social media went hot to trot saying it was an EV that caused that. Turned out to be a good ole diesel. Go figure.

Yep EV fires are harder to put out. But, EV fires are much, much less likely to happen. Pick your poison.

As for buybacks, what do I care? I can spend my money any way I like. If the deal is good I take it, if not I take my money elsewhere. Someone else will give me a good deal if they want my cash.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Somewhat valid, but it really depends on what you mean by "city". One of my neighbours (in the Shire) has had EV's for 12 years, 3 x Nissan Leafs on 4 years leases, loves them. He commutes around 40km a day, so charges the Leaf once a week, on the day he works from home or the weekend if he isn't using it. He has solar on the roof and a Zappi 7 kw charger in the garage, cost $1500 plus $200 cash for the electrician to install. As previously posted the Leafs have the advantage of powering up his tree change weekender. When he bought the first Leaf he organised for free servicing and has done the same on each change over, I don't think he has purchased tyres or brake pads in the 12 years, so his servicing costs inc fuel are basically zero.

Another neighbour just purchased a Tesla Y for his wife, replaced a Mazda CX90, she does the school run, shopping etc and works a couple of days a week. They also have solar and a Tesla charger in the garage with a longish lead as she parks in the driveway. The biggest advantage for her is she never has to go to the service station to fill up with petrol, she hated that. Just plugs it in once a week or so.

I don't hold out much hope that EV's will come down much in price, the battery tech gets slightly better each few years and more expensive at the same time. But it's not going to get to ICEV range or refuelling speed anytime in my life, or my children's, maybe not even my grandchildren. Waiting for some revolution in EV's is fruitless, if they don't suite your usage pattern now they still won't in 10/15/20 years.

My observations are that EV's suite some people perfectly without changing their lifestyle, others have to change their lifestyle to make an EV work for them. For others the change would be too great and EV's will probably never suite them.

Always a Bulldog

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Somewhat valid, but it really depends on what you mean by "city". One of my neighbours (in the Shire) has had EV's for 12 years, 3 x Nissan Leafs on 4 years leases, loves them. He commutes around 40km a day, so charges the Leaf once a week, on the day he works from home or the weekend if he isn't using it. He has solar on the roof and a Zappi 7 kw charger in the garage, cost $1500 plus $200 cash for the electrician to install. As previously posted the Leafs have the advantage of powering up his tree change weekender. When he bought the first Leaf he organised for free servicing and has done the same on each change over, I don't think he has purchased tyres or brake pads in the 12 years, so his servicing costs inc fuel are basically zero.

Another neighbour just purchased a Tesla Y for his wife, replaced a Mazda CX90, she does the school run, shopping etc and works a couple of days a week. They also have solar and a Tesla charger in the garage with a longish lead as she parks in the driveway. The biggest advantage for her is she never has to go to the service station to fill up with petrol, she hated that. Just plugs it in once a week or so.

I don't hold out much hope that EV's will come down much in price, the battery tech gets slightly better each few years and more expensive at the same time. But it's not going to get to ICEV range or refuelling speed anytime in my life, or my children's, maybe not even my grandchildren. Waiting for some revolution in EV's is fruitless, if they don't suite your usage pattern now they still won't in 10/15/20 years.

My observations are that EV's suite some people perfectly without changing their lifestyle, others have to change their lifestyle to make an EV work for them. For others the change would be too great and EV's will probably never suite them.

Always a Bulldog
I guess anywhere with a lot of traffic & traffic lights really. I’ll have a proper read of your post later sorry. About to launch the petrol guzzling boat haha :grinning:

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So you 'drove' a super dooper top secret EV that you cannot even name on a 'road' that is also top secret and you cannot name. On Xmas day.

This is your argument. Oh sorry - now you have the word of a super dooper top secret executive as well. Now thats your argument.

I can play this as well. You see I spoke with Elon over coffee the other day and he lent me the new Tesla/NASA collab for a spin around the Nurburgring. So I went out for a spin on Xmas day and broke the lap record. And did it on autonomous driver mode.

#FakePittie2.0
you add a fair bit to what I wrote.. super dooper? Top secret? Where do I state this?

@Doogie what is your case for the EV? How is it superior to petrol? How is it a better option over petrol?? Let’s see what you come up with

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Lol. You know Luton was an above ground parking lot? Or maybe not. Luton was a great example of the 'what if' crew - social media went hot to trot saying it was an EV that caused that. Turned out to be a good ole diesel. Go figure.
Multi story, underground. Same thing when fire’s involved.
and you just proved my point. An easily controlled car fire destroyed a whole parking structure, just due to the presence of EV’s.
Yep EV fires are harder to put out. But, EV fires are much, much less likely to happen. Pick your poison.
There’s nowhere near enough data to make that claim.
there’s fuck-all EV’s on the road and most ICE fires are arson.
the more EV’s on the road the more accidents involving EV’s and that statistic will undoubtedly change.
As for buybacks, what do I care? I can spend my money any way I like. If the deal is good I take it, if not I take my money elsewhere. Someone else will give me a good deal if they want my cash.
Point is, theyre not going to do it forever. Chances are, by the time you buy your next one, you’ll be on your own.
also if a company feels the need to offer guaranteed buy-back prices they’re admitting they’re selling a money pit.