EGM NOW PLEASE!

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I get why people may have first voted them in and that’s ok. Voters wanted change, but now how could anybody genuinely support them? Based on what? I think we need a Gould style clean up/dictatorship in a major way. It won’t happen though unless we do have a change of board.
I read somewhere, it may have even been posted by someone in the kennel that we are offside with player managers also and that’s why we are having trouble signing. If that’s part of the problem that’s even more of a reason why we need a change. Either way I look at it we are screwed and need whole sale action and firm leadership.
I don't know how anyone could be confident in them at the minute mate. They have bought themselves so much time from the mistakes of the previous board and when it's time for them to make their own calls they are as quite as a church mouse.

Changes

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I don't know how anyone could be confident in them at the minute mate. They have bought themselves so much time from the mistakes of the previous board and when it's time for them to make their own calls they are as quite as a church mouse.
Do you think there is a chance of a rival ticket EGM or will we have to suffer till next election?

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Do you think there is a chance of a rival ticket EGM or will we have to suffer till next election?
At this stage a EGM is highly unlikely they need to get a certain amount of signatures to force a EGM then they have a vote like a standard AGM after that . If you were a rival ticket you would only go through all that if you were sure you had the numbers to win.

Some people might be trying to organise something behind the scenes but it would be a while off before anything happens. It's extremely likely you'll have to wait until the next election.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
You know there were audits done and the NRL inspected everything too?
Does anyone know how those same contracts got signed off on by the NRL Salary Cap Auditor in the first place when they were all lodged?

It doesn't seem to add up.

Last edited:

Changes

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
At this stage a EGM is highly unlikely they need to get a certain amount of signatures to force a EGM then they have a vote like a standard AGM after that . If you were a rival ticket you would only go through all that if you were sure you had the numbers to win.

Some people might be trying to organise something behind the scenes but it would be a while off before anything happens. It's extremely likely you'll have to wait until the next election.
That’s a shame. I fear by then a lot of money would have been spent on a lot of bad signings and again it would take a while for that clean up. We need something to happen. The Anderson experiment has become the Anderson nightmare.

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Been a total balls up for years unfortunately.

Grandstanders. Bad decisions. Bad judges of football talent. No nurturing of juniors. Unfettered control given to egomaniacs.

The club has suffered shocking damage and neglect.

This board whilst they can't work miracles in quickly undoing the damage, they have been inept in successfully signing the players needed and apparently left the coach to carry on with his inept ways as well.

We can only hope all of them can eventually get the job done during their tenure.

I can't see us approaching a sustained level of Top 4 for at least 4-6 years....there is that much work to do to regain our prestige.
You look at the Rooster and even the Storm to some degree.
The Rooster are on trickle charge. Years of systems in place and stability. I know nothing about club land.
Watching the Rooster and Storm play paints a clear picture.
'Clubs' that have got their shit sorted. Professional, stability, consistency = winners.
Years of hard work.
A couple of high profile signings would be merely the beginning for us

Changes

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Does anyone who how those same contracts got signed off on by the NRL Salary Cap Auditor in the first place when they were all lodged?

It doesn't seem to add up.
That’s what has me baffled by the whole we were sooooo over the cap etc I think we had things covered with a lot of 3rd party sponsorship and as soon as the old board was voted out the business went with it. The current lot have had 3 years to form there own relationships but clearly haven’t succeeded as we can’t even get a major sponsor let alone 3rd party sponsorship for players.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
That’s a shame. I fear by then a lot of money would have been spent on a lot of bad signings and again it would take a while for that clean up. We need something to happen. The Anderson experiment has become the Anderson nightmare.
That's my biggest fear too that the "rebuild" needs another "rebuild" in 2022 in saying that the current board can still pull it out of the fire unfortunately you only find out if they have stuffed up after the damage is done.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
That’s what has me baffled by the whole we were sooooo over the cap etc I think we had things covered with a lot of 3rd party sponsorship and as soon as the old board was voted out the business went with it. The current lot have had 3 years to form there own relationships but clearly haven’t succeeded as we can’t even get a major sponsor let alone 3rd party sponsorship for players.
We had a major sponsor remember?
You don’t acknowledge that two dimwits ruined that?

Changes

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
That's my biggest fear too that the "rebuild" needs another "rebuild" in 2022 in saying that the current board can still pull it out of the fire unfortunately you only find out if they have stuffed up after the damage is done.
I hate to pessimistic but I don’t see no light at the end of this tunnel. A weak board CEO and coach is a bad combination of people trying to recruit quality.

Changes

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
We had a major sponsor remember?
You don’t acknowledge that two dimwits ruined that?
Yeah ok we lost Rashays but was that really the best we could do following after KIA a multi national company? They have had 3 years and realistically in my option should have had back up and multiple options for sponsorship of our club. We have gone from a reported 3 million kit to rubbish. Our jerseys look horrible.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Then why don’t you do something about that Alzz? It’s neither difficult or expensive and far more effective than bleating on an internet forum.
Are we the only club where you have to be a footy club member for 3? years before you can vote?

I know that puts a lot of people off. 3 years before you can have your say seems a long time to wait.

Changes

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Are we the only club where you have to be a footy club member for 3? years before you can vote?

I know that puts a lot of people off. 3 years before you can have your say seems a long time to wait.
3 years that is a long time. We should still do it though.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score

All clubs have different by laws. I think the 3 years is to protect against a flood of members joining prior to an election.

If someone is willing to wait 3 years to vote it does show a intent that they want what's best for the club.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score

I’m not specifically aware of the constitutions or by-laws of other clubs but I’d suggest none of them would allow immediate voting - to stop skewing results around election times.