EGM NOW PLEASE!

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
your riding this C-19 no money for sponsors pretty hard aren't you Di-Di...

so are you blaming the players for this?

what happened to the board 's mantra of bringing back wholesome family values

why didn't the players buy into the culture?
Riding reality?
Give me some examples of significant discretionary spending right now Godfather...

Blaming the players? No.
Where did I say that?

The whole ‘DNA’ thing is totally overblown not to mention the ‘good humans’ nonsense which was pretty much invented by the Ch 7 fake news of signing McCullough. So as usual I don’t really understand the point you’re trying to make...

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mate not even Colonel Sanders with his secret herbs and spices could save us. So whether you like Red Rooster or KFC, at the end of the day the club is judged on results and right now our players are not performing and you can't blame the administraton for everything that is going on[/

Doesn’t matter how you spin it, the narrative , etc;it begins and ends with the leadership.

Post Football Club Board Election 2018...

Growing up as the daughter of Bulldog royalty, Lynne Anderson always remembers one piece of advice from her dad, legendary club secretary Peter Moore.
“Dad always said to me ‘The fans aren’t fools - don’t treat them like they are’,” Anderson, who became the new Bulldogs chairman over the weekend, told WWOS today.
“We could see the fans weren’t happy with the old board and wanted change and that is what we are offering them.”

“We spoke to all the stakeholders in the Bulldogs Family. By that I mean members,fans. We spoke to former players, former staff, junior league, referees. We spoke to all of them and said what are you looking for, what do you need. We want our club to be totally united and I’m really committed to that”
“The feeling we got from members is that the club had lost its way in recent years,” Anderson says.
“We want to re-define what it means to be a Bulldog and get back to our core values.”
But Anderson stresses her new board won’t be meddling with the playing and coaching staff.

So we won’t touch that. We want to give the players confidence and back them.
“But at the same time everyone at the club will be accountable - including us.
“We set the bar high at the Bulldogs and are confident of a return to the glory days in years ahead.”

In Anderson's ticket, the rank-and-file Bulldogs have now got an old Canterbury of sorts. They have promised a return to the "Bulldogs way", something maybe only the Moores, the Mortimers and the Hugheses really understand.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
No sponsor? Club not signing players? The coach doing shit? The team doing shit?

Yeah. All of the above is correct and can't argue with any of it. Does that mean that the club is doing a bad job?

I always go back to the Hasler days. I was absolutely pumped that the club went out and signed him. Crusher Cleal also. Then we went out and bought these marque players and I could already smell the return to the Bulldog dynasty. We were close but fell short. And in the process completely screwed the club.

I've learnt from that. The club also it seems. We need to make the right signings across the board. In every department. Not just the short-term solutions.

We're all screaming out for a decent coach. Yes! But we need to get the right one. Not just jump in with another assistant coach who might be decent.

We're all screaming out for decent players. Yes! But we need the right ones. Not just sign up more potentially decent players. We've got money. Let's make the right choices and that starts with players wanting to play for us.

We're all screaming out for a sponsor. Yes! But we need the right one. Not a shitty gap fill. Someone who actually puts decent money into our team. We had that but players screwed that up. Hardly the club's fault.

Again. Get where you're all coming from. Really do. But The last thing I want is to return to what we were. We need to make the right choices going forward.

A

Alexander the Great

I’m pretty sure it’s 25% of the voting members but others have said its 100.
I was told again today that 100 gets the ball rolling. Could be wrong but if that's wrong info they should not be involved with the club not knowing the rules regarding this topic.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I was told again today that 100 gets the ball rolling. Could be wrong but if that's wrong info they should not be involved with the club not knowing the rules regarding this topic.
It’s 100 mate you’re right. SweetFA posted it earlier in the thread.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
There is no denial Dib and the previous board have erred by trusting then extending Haslers contract
But how do we justify the actions or lack of it by the current board
They dismantled the team in order to rid the club from the back-ended payments, a system they should have used to slowly but surely free us from it without the drastic and damaging measures that they have taken on
The results, we have lost sponsors, TPAs, memberships and merchandise sales
They threatened to replace Pay by the Anderson's son yet they claim loyalty to him
Now after three years of misery they have failed to bring in a new coach subsequently failing to truly rebuild the team for 2021 season as promised.
Amazingly...Some people want to wait...I ask what for ?
If we can't recognize failure now we never will !!!

Last edited:

shaun5150

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Lol you want a guy who crippled our cap , and then in a last ditch effort to save his arse pulled out the bulldogs DNA shit and hired Pay?
To be fair I totally agree with the cap issues.
But in regards to Pay. Has anyone here ever interviewed a person for a job, who had all the answers for that interview, told you what you wanted to hear for that interview and once they got the job, stuffed it.
You find out that they don't really know what to do. They know all the key words but have no actions to back it up.
E.g Bring the madness of The Dogs of War. Only to then say, Well they need to make their own era in playing.
I'm going to open up the attack and then have nothing because as a prop, you ran straight and hard and that's it.

So Pay is that guy, who talks it but can't walk it.
Dib may not be the bloke to get us some respect back, but for sure as shit Anderson's are not. Not by a long shot