EGM NOW PLEASE!

Changes

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I'm not sure it's a bit of a strange one to see someone drop off the board back into a full time roll but maybe he just felt he was better suited to help in a full time role rather then the board.

Price was talking about wanting to become a CEO when he was still playing so he probably has his eyes on it. He has a long way to go before he can even think about becoming a CEO he's been in the football GM role for 5 mins and most of them have been spent in QLD.
As horrible as Hill is Pricey right now would just be a step sideways. I agree he is no way suitable or ready for that role. We need a gun of a CEO. Not a someone who is a yes man, like Hill also not someone appointed in that role based on political moves like a Pricey. Surely there has to be a descent alternative.

Changes

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
You know there were audits done and the NRL inspected everything too?
Ok so why did the NRL sign off on contracts? Don’t they have the last day in who should registered etc? Wouldn’t they have had a heads up that something was wrong? Genuine question.

Riggs80

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did the dogs just change name to the Parramatta Bulldogs.

people creating forum names and passionately defending previous board on every single post , and talking only board politics.

how the mighty has fallen

There is one thing other than the usual board power struggles bring (so people can feel powerful) that no one ever considers is
- new boards have new Philospohies - for good / bad change direction of club
- they always tend to sack the people that work at club and bring own flunkies , again completely changing things and how they operate (similar to how the tigers would have a new coach every 1.5 years , playing group didn’t know what style of footy to play etc )

but yeh it’s obvious that @Changes is a flunky of some factional board group member

Changes

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Did the dogs just change name to the Parramatta Bulldogs.

people creating forum names and passionately defending previous board on every single post , and talking only board politics.

how the mighty has fallen

There is one thing other than the usual board power struggles bring (so people can feel powerful) that no one ever considers is
- new boards have new Philospohies - for good / bad change direction of club
- they always tend to sack the people that work at club and bring own flunkies , again completely changing things and how they operate (similar to how the tigers would have a new coach every 1.5 years , playing group didn’t know what style of footy to play etc )

but yeh it’s obvious that @Changes is a flunky of some factional board group member
Really??? Wow what a very mature assumption! I guess anyone concerned with the direction of the club (we are coming last) is a board faction flunky. Why don’t you flunky off and not read my posts. You don’t have to agree with me, but wow can we atleast cut back in the childish insults. I care for this club and I see us heading no where. This is where I stand. If you can bring back Bullfrog from the dead then great I will happily support him. However he is dead and his daughter son in law son Aunty whatever is no longer an alternative to run our great club. The experiment has failed and we need damage control from experienced people, this is why I want some of the old board BUT not all of em.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
As horrible as Hill is Pricey right now would just be a step sideways. I agree he is no way suitable or ready for that role. We need a gun of a CEO. Not a someone who is a yes man, like Hill also not someone appointed in that role based on political moves like a Pricey. Surely there has to be a descent alternative.
Hill seems more like a cut and dry business CEO that would work well in the corp world rather then NRL. That's just my perception so it could be wrong.

Getting someone like Frank Ponissi from the Storm would be a great get. He is their Football Manager and basically built their roster for the last 10 years

Price is so green as a Football Manager and has one of the hardest tasks of all NRL clubs building the current roster.

The whole club is crying out for some experience in key area's. Pay, Price, Hill and Anderson are all doing this for the first time and it shows.

Changes

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Hill seems more like a cut and dry business CEO that would work well in the corp world rather then NRL. That's just my perception so it could be wrong.

Getting someone like Frank Ponissi from the Storm would be a great get. He is their Football Manager and basically built their roster for the last 10 years

Price is so green as a Football Manager and has one of the hardest tasks of all NRL clubs building the current roster.

The whole club is crying out for some experience in key area's. Pay, Price, Hill and Anderson are all doing this for the first time and it shows.
That’s a valid suggestion and anybody that is control of the club going forward should be thinking on the same line. I never understood Hill being appointed to begin with. We need a strong/experienced/respected CEO as much as we need a new coach or board.

Riggs80

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Choosing a new board isn’t a experiment , your only posts are about the board . you haven’t mentioned what current board done wrong , what good the the “people ‘ you want to bring back “ will implement when they come back. If this isn’t about power plays then the “good” members of old board would discuss ideas with new board and tell them do this or do that , instead you have “apparently “ people not on the actual board approaching players and coaches etc (wasn’t that said with the LM approach -people can correct me if I was wrong but the persons house he visited was not on the board)

so yes , this is about factional power plays and I will reiterate , you only created you account yesterday and have done only 20 posts about the board , no posts about team or coach etc

so i stand by my previous post

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
That’s a valid suggestion and anybody that is control of the club going forward should be thinking on the same line. I never understood Hill being appointed to begin with. We need a strong/experienced/respected CEO as much as we need a new coach or board.
I know Gould's name gets thrown around a lot here but I'm not sure if he's the answer but we do need someone who has been there and done that before.

Hill could probably be a good CEO in a strong club with everything in place but I'm not sure he's what we need at the minute.

Changes

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Choosing a new board isn’t a experiment , your only posts are about the board . you haven’t mentioned what current board done wrong , what good the the “people ‘ you want to bring back “ will implement when they come back. If this isn’t about power plays then the “good” members of old board would discuss ideas with new board and tell them do this or do that , instead you have “apparently “ people not on the actual board approaching players and coaches etc (wasn’t that said with the LM approach -people can correct me if I was wrong but the persons house he visited was not on the board)

so yes , this is about factional power plays and I will reiterate , you only created you account yesterday and have done only 20 posts about the board , no posts about team or coach etc

so i stand by my previous post
Lol of course my posts are all on the board. I created my first thread on that topic and I’m responding to posts. Yes I agree factions play an extremely negative role for the club but let’s be honest and transparent here the current board we’re not exactly welcoming and warm to the previous board. C Anderson was outright rude and disrespectful from all reports. In any case I would love nothing more than a premiership and being the strongest club, I couldn’t care less who takes us there. But nobody can convince me this board can and will get us there. We are LAST with NO major sponsorship. We also look up to Parra /Newy/Raiders that’s saying a lot

Changes

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I know Gould's name gets thrown around a lot here but I'm not sure if he's the answer but we do need someone who has been there and done that before.

Hill could probably be a good CEO in a strong club with everything in place but I'm not sure he's what we need at the minute.
I would love Gould back in any capacity but I don’t think he would work under C Anderson and co as he was punted because of him. How sad have we become as a club and people still support the current lot hardcore. I Genuinely don’t understand why? Ok I get people hate Dib but how are we any better? What is it that people are seeing that I’m not? We are last with no major sponsor no signed head coach for next year and no major signings even with a reported 3 million to spend. Very sad.

Dogsville

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
we are all passionate Dogs supporters and it shows i the comments. Sure we had to go backwards to get out of the salary cap mess, we need a stable board to steady the ship. We cant keep changing and boards , CEO and coaches. In a well run team you don't even know who most of the board members are. What is frustrating is we have sunk to the lowest in the club's history but we don;t seem to be making any progress forward. The signing of Thompson is a boost and I am sure his energy will lift some of the plodders. Until we hear of any other big name signing we will continue to go around and around. I am not a supporter of any board members in any way. I am a supporter of the team. But what would change if they voted the board out ? Would players then want to join the club? 100% a decision needs to be made on who the coach will be next year. Letting it drag on hoping the team strings a few wins together is not the answer. The new rules have exposed our team even more, slow play the balls, no dummy half play, no support play, too many 6 agains due to ruck infringements, bad bench rotation, players starting out of position. I'm no expert but the coach is to blame for all those things and the players. But at the end of the day the board need to tell Pay to improve in those areas or you are gone. a few years back I was happy to give Pay a chance, but seriously we haven't improved at all. I don't care if we don't win another game but put players in the role they are good at. Get a hooker in there who can play that role. stop picking wingers in the centre, and get fullbacks off the wing. Im sure that is pissing everyone off. JMK is not a number 9. Smith is not a centre. How many games do they need ? If the bad selections are supported by the board then they and the coach must go.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Remember when we used to laugh at Parra, Manly and the Tigers etc for their politics and board member power struggles? Well we're in the exact same situation years later and still no closer to finding a solution.

Dib clearly isn't the answer as he got us into this mess. I have grave doubts about the Andersons after three years of "rebuilding" now requiring another two years according to Lynne..

I don't know who the right people would be but whatever the case, I just want the circus to leave town and us to be able to focus on some on field improvements for once.
I’m sure we all want the circus to leave, but it ain’t and has not. And this remains the BIG problem.!!!

Changes

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
we are all passionate Dogs supporters and it shows i the comments. Sure we had to go backwards to get out of the salary cap mess, we need a stable board to steady the ship. We cant keep changing and boards , CEO and coaches. In a well run team you don't even know who most of the board members are. What is frustrating is we have sunk to the lowest in the club's history but we don;t seem to be making any progress forward. The signing of Thompson is a boost and I am sure his energy will lift some of the plodders. Until we hear of any other big name signing we will continue to go around and around. I am not a supporter of any board members in any way. I am a supporter of the team. But what would change if they voted the board out ? Would players then want to join the club? 100% a decision needs to be made on who the coach will be next year. Letting it drag on hoping the team strings a few wins together is not the answer. The new rules have exposed our team even more, slow play the balls, no dummy half play, no support play, too many 6 agains due to ruck infringements, bad bench rotation, players starting out of position. I'm no expert but the coach is to blame for all those things and the players. But at the end of the day the board need to tell Pay to improve in those areas or you are gone. a few years back I was happy to give Pay a chance, but seriously we haven't improved at all. I don't care if we don't win another game but put players in the role they are good at. Get a hooker in there who can play that role. stop picking wingers in the centre, and get fullbacks off the wing. Im sure that is pissing everyone off. JMK is not a number 9. Smith is not a centre. How many games do they need ? If the bad selections are supported by the board then they and the coach must
we are all passionate Dogs supporters and it shows i the comments. Sure we had to go backwards to get out of the salary cap mess, we need a stable board to steady the ship. We cant keep changing and boards , CEO and coaches. In a well run team you don't even know who most of the board members are. What is frustrating is we have sunk to the lowest in the club's history but we don;t seem to be making any progress forward. The signing of Thompson is a boost and I am sure his energy will lift some of the plodders. Until we hear of any other big name signing we will continue to go around and around. I am not a supporter of any board members in any way. I am a supporter of the team. But what would change if they voted the board out ? Would players then want to join the club? 100% a decision needs to be made on who the coach will be next year. Letting it drag on hoping the team strings a few wins together is not the answer. The new rules have exposed our team even more, slow play the balls, no dummy half play, no support play, too many 6 agains due to ruck infringements, bad bench rotation, players starting out of position. I'm no expert but the coach is to blame for all those things and the players. But at the end of the day the board need to tell Pay to improve in those areas or you are gone. a few years back I was happy to give Pay a chance, but seriously we haven't improved at all. I don't care if we don't win another game but put players in the role they are good at. Get a hooker in there who can play that role. stop picking wingers in the centre, and get fullbacks off the wing. Im sure that is pissing everyone off. JMK is not a number 9. Smith is not a centre. How many games do they need ? If the bad selections are supported by the board then they and the coach must go.
i think we all wanted Pay to succeed but he clearly hasn’t. His time is up unfortunately

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I would love Gould back in any capacity but I don’t think he would work under C Anderson and co as he was punted because of him. How sad have we become as a club and people still support the current lot hardcore. I Genuinely don’t understand why? Ok I get people hate Dib but how are we any better? What is it that people are seeing that I’m not? We are last with no major sponsor no signed head coach for next year and no major signings even with a reported 3 million to spend. Very sad.
I just don't know about Gould it would be a dictatorship of sorts which isn't always a bad thing but looking at his work at Penrith and to a lessor extent the Dragons I wouldn't say he has them in a great spot. If anything the Panthers improved after he left.

People just have different opinions on things I guess. I voted for the Anderson ticket back in 2018 and have been willing to give them time but my confidence in them getting the job has been eroding away slowly since last year and in the last few months its fallen off a cliff.

It's unlikely to happen but the current board could pull off 3-4 big signings in the next few months it would quieten down the rumblings. I'm sure the the club knows the heats on and they have to deliver.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I just don't know about Gould it would be a dictatorship of sorts which isn't always a bad thing but looking at his work at Penrith and to a lessor extent the Dragons I wouldn't say he has them in a great spot. If anything the Panthers improved after he left.

People just have different opinions on things I guess. I voted for the Anderson ticket back in 2018 and have been willing to give them time but my confidence in them getting the job has been eroding away slowly since last year and in the last few months its fallen off a cliff.

It's unlikely to happen but the current board could pull off 3-4 big signings in the next few months it would quieten down the rumblings. I'm sure the the club knows the heats on and they have to deliver.
If we get another thumping on Sunday on top of missing out on Bateman and most likely Cotric and are still dead last, I fear the Kennel may need to be out into an induced coma for a few days.. and God help us if Thommo gets an injury playing too early.:fearscream:

Changes

Kennel Participant
Reaction score

I get why people may have first voted them in and that’s ok. Voters wanted change, but now how could anybody genuinely support them? Based on what? I think we need a Gould style clean up/dictatorship in a major way. It won’t happen though unless we do have a change of board.
I read somewhere, it may have even been posted by someone in the kennel that we are offside with player managers also and that’s why we are having trouble signing. If that’s part of the problem that’s even more of a reason why we need a change. Either way I look at it we are screwed and need whole sale action and firm leadership.

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
i would be in favour of an egm, change needs to happen, enough is enough

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
If we get another thumping on Sunday on top of missing out on Bateman and most likely Cotric and are still dead last, I fear the Kennel may need to be out into an induced coma for a few days.. and God help us if Thommo gets an injury playing too early.:fearscream:
If the club had a signing or any type of good news hidden up their sleeve for a rainy day now would be a good time to use it :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If the club had a signing or any type of good news hidden up their sleeve for a rainy day now would be a good time to use it :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:
1000000000000000000%, I think they should just make one up for club supporter moral.:tearsofjoy: