Effort and desire.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Eels scored in the first set against Titans and the Titans still won the game… our discipline and 1-1 defence cost us, I don’t think our desire can be questioned - yoo only have to look at the forward packs and available players for those teams… Titans have Tino, Fotuaika and Fafita (enough said), Tigers with Stefano, Klemmer and Papalii - if we had that cattle, different outcomes.

I like that Ciro is saying it’s not good enough, because it isn’t, but in reality, we’re hugely disadvantaged at the moment though troops are slowly returning.
Even when they return we’re still not powerful enough, at full strength we have speed, we need to go to market & get more grunt & muscle up front so we can capitalise on that speed …

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Having watched Magic Round, we are way off the pace. All teams I watched looked much better than our Dogs. Our boys lack the desire and will to win that all other teams (maybe not Dragons) display. Conceding a try in the first set against Raiders is a new low. Why don't we compete with the vigour that other teams display? I don't believe it is coaching. Looks to be attitude.
I think we have been so undermanned all season, and that game we finally dropped our kit. Sure, we were well beaten by the Sharts and Wabbits, but it was different against the Faiders. It was like we expected a massive improvement just because we had a few returning players.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Even when they return we’re still not powerful enough, at full strength we have speed, we need to go to market & get more grunt & muscle up front so we can capitalise on that speed …
Agree, and missing Kiks until years end really hurts, he’s a beast of an edge presence. More size is needed in the middle more specifically.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
A man after my own heart.. Forwards win footy games but the backs get the glory and the cheerleaders. Frankie is exactly like an old Dog forward.
I'll take it even a step further...the hard working defensive players get overlooked for the show pony try "scorers".

ESPECIALLY in junior league.

Blueandwhiteblood1968

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The dragons are much worse lololol
The dragons are worse and yet when we defeated them we thought were not that bad then reality hit against a shitty Raiders team, not as shitty as the dragons but we should have won that game, followed by the old 'its not good enough excuse for the loss' in the presser, maybe we should change our club name to the Canterbury Bankstown excuses!!!

mattressback

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The dragons are worse and yet when we defeated them we thought were not that bad then reality hit against a shitty Raiders team, not as shitty as the dragons but we should have won that game, followed by the old 'its not good enough excuse for the loss' in the presser, maybe we should change our club name to the Canterbury Bankstown excuses!!!
Understand your frustration mate..

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
But they have the opportunity to win and improve their F/A,which hurts us as we aren’t winning big when we win but we have lost big when we lose sometimes
Our f/a will not matter this year, as we're going nowhere as far as finals are concerned. What does matter is how we treat each game, and developing a winning attitude.

transom

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Yes 22-6 down we didn’t have the desire to win that’s why we finished with 30 points.
There was no creativity. Didn't pass the ball around. Only 1 out runs. NOTHING.