Effort and desire.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I finally got around to watching highlights.
We gave up three soft tries.
Have given up 30 plus points 4 of last 5 games.
You are never going to win many games conceding 30 plus points.

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Effort & Desire stems from attitude.

Attitude is the dressing room!

Our current problems are multi factored though.

1. Talent. At full strength we are a bottom 8 squad from a talent perspective. With a string of injuries throughout the roster including some of our better players compounding that reality to having the 17th ranked roster to select from at present.

2. Attitude can outweigh talent when everyone is playing as one. This comes down to coaching and players wanting to play for the coach and the players playing with them. I’m not sure this dressing room has this.

3. Fitness/Fatigue. When you are fatigued you make mistakes which also comes into the attitude/desire category.

Essentially we have a team taking the field that isn’t up to first grade standard basically every week so far. As a squad I believe we spend too much time in the gym and not enough time on the sand dunes over the off-season. Our fitness is just not at the level of other teams. That comes down to the coaching.

Recruitment & Retention has missed several key markers also. We are glaring short on big middles and playmakers. The failure over the last few years to rectify this is also to blame.

Attitude is definitely part of the problem and is something that can be addressed quickly. The fact we don’t have the cattle is the biggest reason for our results.

Suave

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Although I agree with some of this, I had put this game down as a loss beforehand due to the ridiculous short turnaround we faced yet again. Don’t think there’s a team this season that have won following on from a 4 day turnaround.
I expect a much better performance against the Warriors and based on the Ciraldo presser my expectation is we’re going to be fired up for a big one.

These opening 10 weeks have tested our resolve and we’ve come out of it OK. I suspect we’re a much better team than our ladder position and F/A but let’s see how the next few weeks play out.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I finally got around to watching highlights.
We gave up three soft tries.
Have given up 30 plus points 4 of last 5 games.
You are never going to win many games conceding 30 plus points.
Is it 3 times (or 4) that we've conceded 3 tries in 10 minute spells? Just unbelievable stats.

Gene Krupa

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
To compound our poor form, the Warriors major sponsor has called out the NRL and refs as "cheating the Warriors" every week. Watch the overreaction next week in favour of the Warriors because of this. By the way, who do we play next week?
Excuses getting earlier & earlier. Tin foil hats at the ready.

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Having watched Magic Round, we are way off the pace. All teams I watched looked much better than our Dogs. Our boys lack the desire and will to win that all other teams (maybe not Dragons) display. Conceding a try in the first set against Raiders is a new low. Why don't we compete with the vigour that other teams display? I don't believe it is coaching. Looks to be attitude.
Yes 22-6 down we didn’t have the desire to win that’s why we finished with 30 points.

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Our club is in denial
Anyway warriors and titans will
Pump us one .
Look at doliphins they just get it done with injuries .

Taylforth

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Is it 3 times (or 4) that we've conceded 3 tries in 10 minute spells? Just unbelievable stats.
Yeh agree we have done this a few times now. Conceded 2-3 soft tries in quick order at various stages, which has undone any previous efforts we have made. Frankly this is primarily due to our team carrying 5-6 NSW Cup level players (perhaps more) whom are just short on effort, ability, attitude to play consistently in NRL. A top 8 team can carry 1 or 2 such players but not 5-6+. Just not good enough defensively (even early on) against such a top 8 teams.

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
We have had adifficult draw to the season compunded with a ton of injures before or during the game. The effort is there for most games but distruptions like this makes it difficult perform consistently. We are miles better than last season and trusting the process we have at hand.

top-dog

bulldog 4 life
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Seriously I'm more than happy how they are going we have lots of players out and there playing ok we Arnt getting flogged every week we really should have won this week's game if only we didn't give them a few soft tries. And compared to previous years we would have got flogged.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
It's all excuses. Had they turned up with some grit on Friday night we would have rolled the Raiders. The scored flattered both teams. Watching at the ground was way easier of assessing the game then the TV. I watched the replay yesterday and tunnel vision complemented ours's and there performance. 30 points should be enough to win any game but from the first set you could tell we didn't turn up.

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tbh I don’t see Casey in any other wings, I don’t see rfm cracking any top 8 sides , maybe tigers but yeah our forwards we are missing. It’s all good we will be fine just so annoying we have Kikau out, Thomson out, and jac out.

liljohny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Reality check.

We are not the worst team, but had worst run of injuries.

We lost by 4.

Donovan cost us at least 12.

Drop Fox in for Donovan we win.

With all the injuries, blokes have been playing injured. That's desire right there. Desire for the club and fans...including you. Stop being a pork chop!