News Eels target Bulldogs star: Transfer Whispers

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Word of advice don’t believe everything Gus says, he talks a lot of shit and is always contradicting his statements. He was the one that said we have cap issues then says we don’t blah blah. He always says what he feels is right to say it isn’t always the truth.
I don't disagree but he was very direct on this one and didn't really leave himself any outs with his wording like he normally does.
"Not happening. Never happening" were his words.
Usually if he knew there was a chance, he'd leave an out in his wording like "nick is contracted to the bulldogs and remains part of our plans".

Dyldog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Keep him for this season unless a decent halfback or hooker comes on the market by November.
Top 6 2022…. C’mon!!!!!

Pity Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Tag him and Bag him but we aint chipping in a single cent towards his contract! Eels pay full freight or don’t waste our time is what I would be saying to them! The time has come for the Dogs to stop being charity cases and start acting like contenders again.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
would you rather keeping cotric or get rid of cotric and have okunbor on the wing instead ?
It’s not that simple mate. Cotric at $650k and Okonbur at $200k approx.

Of course Cotric is better but I would actually rather Okonbur if it helped us free up $500k plus to sign a decent halfback / hooker.

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
Clear the decks make the Parra scum pay full freight if they want him so bad. Then make Grant an offer he can’t refuse.

chemdog

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It’s not that simple mate. Cotric at $650k and Okonbur at $200k approx.

Of course Cotric is better but I would actually rather Okonbur if it helped us free up $500k plus to sign a decent halfback / hooker.
that may be the case but there's no top half-back or hooker available off contract apart from brandon smith. better off keeping cotric

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He ain’t a farkin miracle worker mate. Has only started working for a club that has won 6 out of his last 44 games.

Yes a lot of what he says publicly is bs but don’t doubt what he can do for us. He is the main reason Penrith are where they are today.

The important thing about this article is that NONE of our top 5 paid players are spine players. This is criminal. The management who made the majority of these decisions BEFORE he joined should be hung !!
If u have read any of my past post u will c that I stated on here that he is one of the best signings the club has made,simply stating I would like to hear the words we us a little bit more,so don’t get carried away ,I haven’t blamed him for anything yet.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Salary cap pressure.. or celery cap pressure

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fucking clowns. Gus already said no not happening.

We have rfm off contract next year who will likely be let go and he alone would be on fairly big $

Throw in Vaughan dufty Asiata king and whoever else we spent elliotts 500k+ on off contract too.

Then I think wakeham, Stimson (on massive overs) and doorey and whoever else.

Without even mentioning the fact Jackson probably ain’t got long left.

We can easily have cap space for 2023.
DWZ's remaining 400K off our books for 2023 also

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Parra has lost some strike power in their backline with the retirement of Blake Ferguson and Sivo having suffered an ACL and MCL which puts him unavailable for a large chunk of the season in 2022. They'll be relying in Haze Dunster who's still very raw and not NRL standard and other no names if they cant sign some backs.