News Eels target Bulldogs star: Transfer Whispers

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Staff Writers from Fox Sports
October 14th, 2021 6:47 pm

The Tigers and the Raiders are locked in negotiations about hooker Josh Hodgson joining the Concord club immediately, while the Bulldogs have eyes on Bulldogs star Nick Cotric.

EELS TARGET FORMER NSW BLUES STAR

The Parramatta Eels are set to target Bulldogs winger Nick Cotric for a move away from Belmore in time for next season.

Brent Read reported on Triple M that the Bulldogs may look to strike a deal with the Eels over the former Blues and Kangaroos star to help ease salary cap pressure on the club.

“Nick Cotric has been linked with Parramatta a while ago,” Read said on Triple M.

“He is on a big deal at Canterbury.

“My understanding is that he is still on Parramatta’s radar and there is still a chance that something could happen there with Nick Cotric.

“When you think about that Parramatta side Blake Ferguson has left and Maika Sivo injured his knee in the latter stages of the year and may miss the start of next year.

“They are really short in the outside backs and Nick Cotric is on their radar and there is the potential for a deal to be done there.

“Canterbury have a really tight salary cap. With Canterbury’s salary cap and the way it is placed their top five players, none of them are spine players.

“Spine is a real weakness at that club and it needs to be reshaped. The cap needs to be reshaped and the squad needs to be reshaped.

“The only way you can do that is by moving players who are attractive to other clubs and Nick Cotric is one of those guys.”

Nick Cotric could be on the way to the Eels.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Fucking clowns. Gus already said no not happening.

We have rfm off contract next year who will likely be let go and he alone would be on fairly big $

Throw in Vaughan dufty Asiata king and whoever else we spent elliotts 500k+ on off contract too.

Then I think wakeham, Stimson (on massive overs) and doorey and whoever else.

Without even mentioning the fact Jackson probably ain’t got long left.

We can easily have cap space for 2023.

Apex Cedar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Word of advice don’t believe everything Gus says, he talks a lot of shit and is always contradicting his statements. He was the one that said we have cap issues then says we don’t blah blah. He always says what he feels is right to say it isn’t always the truth.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
This rubbish will not go away...
It sounding like it is generated by the players manager.
Maybe just maybe Chotric is not happy playing on the right wing next year ???
Parramatta can have him, strait swap with Moses...I don't mind paying the difference :tearsofjoy:

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Either the player manager messing about, or Parra trying to unsettle our attempts to get our playing group for 2022 to get together and be a team.

Need to start some rumours about parra players...

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Word of advice don’t believe everything Gus says, he talks a lot of shit and is always contradicting his statements. He was the one that said we have cap issues then says we don’t blah blah. He always says what he feels is right to say it isn’t always the truth.
Well said,$600k+,for a winger way over,what we need is a half,the other thing when is Gus going to start saying we are doing this we are doing that,all I hear is the warriors,the panthers,I would like to start hearing a bit more about us,u just feel he’s there for the money and nothing else,but he should be talking the club up a bit more.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well said,$600k+,for a winger way over,what we need is a half,the other thing when is Gus going to start saying we are doing this we are doing that,all I hear is the warriors,the panthers,I would like to start hearing a bit more about us,u just feel he’s there for the money and nothing else,but he should be talking the club up a bit more.
He ain’t a farkin miracle worker mate. Has only started working for a club that has won 6 out of his last 44 games.

Yes a lot of what he says publicly is bs but don’t doubt what he can do for us. He is the main reason Penrith are where they are today.

The important thing about this article is that NONE of our top 5 paid players are spine players. This is criminal. The management who made the majority of these decisions BEFORE he joined should be hung !!

Total Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Gus has said it’s not happening already. He said we don’t have a salary cap problem. We have a losing problem. When you have a losing problem you don’t give away origin caliber players. Fuck off Brent Read.
100%… Brent Reed is as good as the John’s brothers when it comes to BS predictions player signings